Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire and Ice PvP Nerf

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2015
When are we going to get some PvP balance changes in this META? Ice and Fire have taken over the arena with their broken schools, while some schools like storm and balance have been completely left to suffer. Spells like Abominable Weaver and Efreet are HUGE issues that need to be addressed by Kingsisle immediately. I am not a game developer, nor a statistics major, but there is no reason for either of these spells to do the incredible damage that they do, PLUS a major utility defense after. Both of these utilities need to be nerfed to the ground. I’ve seen a couple of proposals to solve these issues, such as a normal -50% tower shield on Weaver and a -25% to -40% weakness on Efreet. Personally, Efreet’s weakness should be -25%, as the spell combined with FFA have lead to brainless fire PvP that dominates the META, no real skill needed. I’d love to see some nerfs to these schools soon, however, I think some buffs to other schools are needed as well. Storms are suffering greatly, as glass cannon isn’t working with ices running around with 70% resist, let alone their infamous low HP, leaving them little successful options. Balance has also suffered greatly, with nerfs on both Loremaster and Mana Burn. I DO NOT believe Loremaster should be buffed back to nearly what it was, but I think it’s useless accuracy debuff should be removed. and a higher weakness and/or damage buff should be added, as this card went from broken to useless, which I do not think was the initial intent of its nerf. Although Death seemed to struggle initially, Death wizards have proven themselves in this META with all sorts of strategies, unlike the majority of Fire and Ice wizards that just spam Abominable and Efreet/FFA. A slight buff to Death might be necessary to bring them up to more balanced schools like Myth and Life that seem to fit in between the broken/useless schools, such as more utility. Just some thoughts, praying for these changes in 5th Age. Let me know what you guys think!

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
JonezyJr on Jun 3, 2020 wrote:
When are we going to get some PvP balance changes in this META? Ice and Fire have taken over the arena with their broken schools, while some schools like storm and balance have been completely left to suffer. Spells like Abominable Weaver and Efreet are HUGE issues that need to be addressed by Kingsisle immediately. I am not a game developer, nor a statistics major, but there is no reason for either of these spells to do the incredible damage that they do, PLUS a major utility defense after. Both of these utilities need to be nerfed to the ground. I’ve seen a couple of proposals to solve these issues, such as a normal -50% tower shield on Weaver and a -25% to -40% weakness on Efreet. Personally, Efreet’s weakness should be -25%, as the spell combined with FFA have lead to brainless fire PvP that dominates the META, no real skill needed. I’d love to see some nerfs to these schools soon, however, I think some buffs to other schools are needed as well. Storms are suffering greatly, as glass cannon isn’t working with ices running around with 70% resist, let alone their infamous low HP, leaving them little successful options. Balance has also suffered greatly, with nerfs on both Loremaster and Mana Burn. I DO NOT believe Loremaster should be buffed back to nearly what it was, but I think it’s useless accuracy debuff should be removed. and a higher weakness and/or damage buff should be added, as this card went from broken to useless, which I do not think was the initial intent of its nerf. Although Death seemed to struggle initially, Death wizards have proven themselves in this META with all sorts of strategies, unlike the majority of Fire and Ice wizards that just spam Abominable and Efreet/FFA. A slight buff to Death might be necessary to bring them up to more balanced schools like Myth and Life that seem to fit in between the broken/useless schools, such as more utility. Just some thoughts, praying for these changes in 5th Age. Let me know what you guys think!
I fully support any nerfs adjustments to Abominable Weaver, Efreet and Shrike. I feel like one of the major instances shrike should be viable is tank set ups aka jade. Shrike gives too much pierce on a wide open hit. Pierce should always be balance around resist. Which means 50% resist should only be pierced by 25%~35% max not the entire resist completely. Nerf shrike pierce down to 25%. Abominable damage down to 850 and shield down to 65%. Efreet weakness change to a mantle 25%~45%. Death wizard are in a good spot atm at max pvp with blade stacking and shift green ok. They can have as much as 135% damage with 60% universal resist while keeping 35+ pierce. The only schools that needs a buff right now is life, storm, and balance scion. Myth needs a counter to their scion which is done if the opponent has stun blocks on just like a counter to medusa. Lore is fine as it is. It presents it self as less rng and balance around utilities. Its about time Fire, Balance and Ice meta ends and reign for the spirit schools and storm. New Meta school shift is all am asking for.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
I disagree with Weaver shield going down to 50 that less then a tc tower shield I think it only should go down to at least 60.

Weaver shield should be better then the tc tower shield.

If Efreet gets nerfed i say it should only be -70 weakness becuase it should be better then the tc weakness.

If kingsisle does what you want then there shouldn't be tc enchants at all.

Samantha Max A Family Friendly wizard player.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on Jun 5, 2020 wrote:
I disagree with Weaver shield going down to 50 that less then a tc tower shield I think it only should go down to at least 60.

If Efreet gets nerfed i say it should only be -70 weakness becuase it should be better then the tc weakness.

A tc tower shield doesn't do damage, an Abominable Weaver does the same goes for Efreet. The issue with these spells isn't just on the reliability, but also the fact that it creates somewhat of an unfair strategy spam per say that offers high offense and defense at the same time. Ice and fire has been dominant roles along with balance in the meta for quite a long time hence why i proposed the changes to nerf lore master and mana burn specifically already.
I am simply calling for a meta shift where and gets a chance to compete for the top 3 seat where as what was once harder for storm is now covered by . I do not want to see these 3 schools specifically sitting around anywhere near the top 3 seat in 5th age otherwise it simply means nothing has changed and were back to using ward pets for said 3 schools.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Actually, Balance is doing alittle better than Fire by June 2nd data.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009

Question why should weaver be more than a tower and have so much damage and they get mass resist and damage stats? Weaver should be 40 tower or massively nerfed on damage.

As for Efreet i dont see why it was both more damage than balance and has a 90%. It should be nerfed to either a 35 or 40. Because even a 70% with all that damage behind it is too op.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
wakaflame201 on Jun 5, 2020 wrote:
Question why should weaver be more than a tower and have so much damage and they get mass resist and damage stats? Weaver should be 40 tower or massively nerfed on damage.

As for Efreet i dont see why it was both more damage than balance and has a 90%. It should be nerfed to either a 35 or 40. Because even a 70% with all that damage behind it is too op.
Ice is supposed to be a resist school so it should be more than a little basic tower shield. The only thing that should be nerfed from that spell is the damage since ice is meant to be low hitting, big defense.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
If tc is remove i will be okay with weaver shield going down to 55 otherwise it has to only be nerfed to -60 shield if tc is allowed.

And Efreet kinda helps fire from getting one shouted i will be okay if it goes to -60 without tc with tc it should only be nerfed to -70.

It will be yours choices not mine.

I think tc ruins rank pvp to be 100%

Samatha Max wizard always be friendly to others players including in Rank pvp.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Jun 5, 2020 wrote:
Actually, Balance is doing alittle better than Fire by June 2nd data.
Highly improbable, again we have no solid statics and boosting is still prevalent to this day.
Tier rank still goes as follows current meta:

As you can tell based on my ranking life fell short harder than most schools after the removal of guardian and scion buffs to most schools. Balance is still in a better position than life with bubble control.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
wakaflame201 on Jun 5, 2020 wrote:

Exactly my point. Damage+Utility should have a more balance ratio than spells that are just plain damage or utility.

Efreet- 25~45 mantle Weaver 850 damage 60% shield.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Snow7450 on Jun 8, 2020 wrote:
Ice is supposed to be a resist school so it should be more than a little basic tower shield. The only thing that should be nerfed from that spell is the damage since ice is meant to be low hitting, big defense.
Lowest hitting school, yes lets get that fact straight for the community. Ice was suppose to be the least school when it comes to having damage because tank and damage does not sit well with balance. If ice can have 70% resist they can't have more than 120% damage, because they are the best defensive schools when it comes to utility spells.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on Jun 9, 2020 wrote:
If tc is remove i will be okay with weaver shield going down to 55 otherwise it has to only be nerfed to -60 shield if tc is allowed.

And Efreet kinda helps fire from getting one shouted i will be okay if it goes to -60 without tc with tc it should only be nerfed to -70.

-60 is fine but we were also taking aims at the damage so 850 damage with -60. Ice is suppose to have the lowest damage. If ice can have 120+ damage and 70 resist its only fair that weaver and bale frost gets adjustments.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on Jun 9, 2020 wrote:

Sorry had to Elaborate on the Efreet part. First of all no player, and I speak for all school when i say, would want to get one shot in pvp. But i don't feel like fire gets to have this excuse anymore, because they are in the same position as storm having equal if not more damage,health,resist than storm.

Tc didn't ruined rank pvp RNG did. Tc helped elevate how pvp should work and how both players should always be prepared. Making tc that are pvp effective like enchants no trade is a good direction vs low level tier pvp, but seeing I only do max level pvp am not overly concern about it. Efreet weakness needs to be removed and replaced with a mantle 25~45%. This one of the reason just like lore master why having damage + major defensive utility was deemed a problematic situation.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Fire and Ice don't need to be nerfed less your a booster on your life wizard like Angel LifeHeart is.

With tc the only nerf fire can get on there Efreet it will also include storm efreet tc.

And the only nerf for Weaver should get is -60 on there's weaver shield if tc is still being used.

You storm arleady have enough pierce to go through half of a minus 60 shield so are fire wizards with there overtime.

If fire efreet gets nerfed that means all the efreet gets nerfed.

right now storm can get a tc storm efreet with a -90 weakness on there enemies so do you really want to lose that weakness on a tc you farmed for so much for?

You alre trying to make fire wizards lose a weakness friom Falma the fire teacher is that really fair to nerf a spell that you don't get from Loremaster at all?

If fire Efreets gets nerfed all the others tc efreets will get nerfed also.

So do you really want to nerf your Storm Efreet tc or Life TC Efreet you get from the box?

I know there also a myth efreet and a balance efreet and a death efreet even maybe a ice tc efreet.

If fire Efreet gets nerfed so does storm and balance tc efreet.

So think about it yourself.

If storm could have train storm efreet would you really want fire efreet to be nerfed when you both could put a -90 blade on each other?

Storm is opsite of Myth Fire is opsite of Ice.

I think Ice should be blocking every critical attacks since they are a defence school and kingsilse ruined it for ice when they nerfed Critical.

Critical block doesn't even work now at all and it needs to be added back to ice wizads because they are the defend school and they should have more resistand to all schools.

Samatha Max wizard.

P.S

Always be family friendly to all players and help the private with there ranks in rank pvp then you want have to wait 10 hours for a match.

And Private be nice to bullies Warlords be a family friendly player and keep on asking for help.

There is always nice Warlords in pvp lobbies.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on Jun 11, 2020 wrote:
Fire and Ice don't need to be nerfed less your a booster on your life wizard like Angel LifeHeart is.

With tc the only nerf fire can get on there Efreet it will also include storm efreet tc.

And the only nerf for Weaver should get is -60 on there's weaver shield if tc is still being used.

You storm arleady have enough pierce to go through half of a minus 60 shield so are fire wizards with there overtime.

If fire efreet gets nerfed that means all the efreet gets nerfed.

right now storm can get a tc storm efreet with a -90 weakness on there enemies so do you really want to lose that weakness on a tc you farmed for so much for?

You alre trying to make fire wizards lose a weakness friom Falma the fire teacher is that really fair to nerf a spell that you don't get from Loremaster at all?

If fire Efreets gets nerfed all the others tc efreets will get nerfed also.

So do you really want to nerf your Storm Efreet tc or Life TC Efreet you get from the box?

I know there also a myth efreet and a balance efreet and a death efreet even maybe a ice tc efreet.

If fire Efreet gets nerfed so does storm and balance tc efreet.

So think about it yourself.

If storm could have train storm efreet would you really want fire efreet to be nerfed when you both could put a -90 blade on each other?

Storm is opsite of Myth Fire is opsite of Ice.

I think Ice should be blocking every critical attacks since they are a defence school and kingsilse ruined it for ice when they nerfed Critical.

Critical block doesn't even work now at all and it needs to be added back to ice wizads because they are the defend school and they should have more resistand to all schools.

Samatha Max wizard.

P.S

Always be family friendly to all players and help the private with there ranks in rank pvp then you want have to wait 10 hours for a match.

And Private be nice to bullies Warlords be a family friendly player and keep on asking for help.

There is always nice Warlords in pvp lobbies.
For someone who tells others to be family friendly, your have a total contradicting, mean and total bias claim on other post in the forum. Your arguments are conflicted and aren't not backed by any facts or valid information and sometimes I do not have the slightness clue or idea on what your trying to express. I do like the fact most of my post are desensitize or remove from the forum when its either targeting changes or marketing schemes but again they are all up for debate. I've already explain on other post why Efreet weakness needs to go and why this should only have to apply to fire. If you've missed out on my post, they are still available to access, just type angellifeheart the booster in the search bar and perhaps you'd find what your looking for. Best of luck!

Survivor
Aug 27, 2015
Just another thought... someone attempt to enlighten me. How can the devs look at Efreet and Balance King Artorious with a straight face. Efreet carries 895 base damage with a -90 weakness, Artorious does 725 with a -40 weakness (and a 10% pierce blade), yet they are both 8 pips. Does this 10% pierce blade make up for the 270 damage difference and -50%? Yes, Fire is, of course, suppose to have more damage, so why does it also have a higher weakness. If anything, Balance Efreet should have higher weakness. Just a comparison of two... I can’t seem to wrap my head around this. I still believe Efreet needs a huge nerf, whether to turn this into a accuracy debuff or highly nerf the weakness. This is just one issue right now, I’m just tired of Fire wizards of all ranks Efreeting into an FFA every game. It’s completely broken.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014

yeah when people want a massive to the ground nerf their opinion becomes biased, samantha just gave the completely rational and fair balance for it.

i have every school at 120+
efreet is 8 pips, and to do a 25% weakness? seriously? go address catalan. no one wants to talk about that and the effort to get it for it to do nothing.
and really a %50? that's too low we want it to be usable.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
JonezyJr on Jun 11, 2020 wrote:
Just another thought... someone attempt to enlighten me. How can the devs look at Efreet and Balance King Artorious with a straight face. Efreet carries 895 base damage with a -90 weakness, Artorious does 725 with a -40 weakness (and a 10% pierce blade), yet they are both 8 pips. Does this 10% pierce blade make up for the 270 damage difference and -50%? Yes, Fire is, of course, suppose to have more damage, so why does it also have a higher weakness. If anything, Balance Efreet should have higher weakness. Just a comparison of two... I can’t seem to wrap my head around this. I still believe Efreet needs a huge nerf, whether to turn this into a accuracy debuff or highly nerf the weakness. This is just one issue right now, I’m just tired of Fire wizards of all ranks Efreeting into an FFA every game. It’s completely broken.
I try not to use another school spell ranks a justification as to whether said schools need buffs or nerfs. Doing so can create conflicting issues, instead, I define most aspect of adjustments towards gears stats boost increase. Since newer gears are being implemented and pushing stats as the level progress, its only fair that spells get adjusted to fit meta criteria. King Art is balance as it is for all school except storm.

I fully support the any changes to the free juju Ereets gets, and if fire suppose to be the mantle school id rather give them an rng mantle that's place between 25~40% accuracy. I just wanna see all those fire mains saying other players bad at pvp, can pvp without Efreet the same way Life can pvp without guardian.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2014
Delver
Mar 09, 2018
angellifeheart on Jun 11, 2020 wrote:
For someone who tells others to be family friendly, your have a total contradicting, mean and total bias claim on other post in the forum. Your arguments are conflicted and aren't not backed by any facts or valid information and sometimes I do not have the slightness clue or idea on what your trying to express. I do like the fact most of my post are desensitize or remove from the forum when its either targeting changes or marketing schemes but again they are all up for debate. I've already explain on other post why Efreet weakness needs to go and why this should only have to apply to fire. If you've missed out on my post, they are still available to access, just type angellifeheart the booster in the search bar and perhaps you'd find what your looking for. Best of luck!
Yeah I genuinely hope the devs don't listen to this person, they always manage to have conflicting arguments and sound like they're 200 rank warriors. Removing tc is actually the worst idea I've ever heard on this subforum but the designers are trying to cater to people like this.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on Jun 12, 2020 wrote:
I try not to use another school spell ranks a justification as to whether said schools need buffs or nerfs. Doing so can create conflicting issues, instead, I define most aspect of adjustments towards gears stats boost increase. Since newer gears are being implemented and pushing stats as the level progress, its only fair that spells get adjusted to fit meta criteria. King Art is balance as it is for all school except storm.

I fully support the any changes to the free juju Ereets gets, and if fire suppose to be the mantle school id rather give them an rng mantle that's place between 25~40% accuracy. I just wanna see all those fire mains saying other players bad at pvp, can pvp without Efreet the same way Life can pvp without guardian.
You just want everything easy for yourself and make it harder for others I have to disagree with efreet going to a mantle it a -70 weakness or it stays as it is.

the only nerf for weaver is there shield the damage should stay the same nerf the sheild is fine by me only to -60 that way it a fair trade.

Otherwise other wizards shouldn't have ice wards on there pets or fire wards on there pets.

Samantha Max family friendly wizard.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
JewelKI on Jun 13, 2020 wrote:
Yeah I genuinely hope the devs don't listen to this person, they always manage to have conflicting arguments and sound like they're 200 rank warriors. Removing tc is actually the worst idea I've ever heard on this subforum but the designers are trying to cater to people like this.
This is totally uncalled for, and proves my point on the moderators jurisdiction to nullify my post vs others who used this as an argument. All my pvp post are base on a collective analysis of certain outcomes in situations that needs to be voiced. If I shall stand alone in this debate then I shall, we are all entitle to our opinions are we not?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on Jun 16, 2020 wrote:
You just want everything easy for yourself and make it harder for others I have to disagree with efreet going to a mantle it a -70 weakness or it stays as it is.

the only nerf for weaver is there shield the damage should stay the same nerf the sheild is fine by me only to -60 that way it a fair trade.

Otherwise other wizards shouldn't have ice wards on there pets or fire wards on there pets.

Samantha Max family friendly wizard.
Another senseless statement base on no valid facts. I've already declared what i want to see in 5th age pvp and that's the opportunity of and competing for the number one spot while stay below top 3. Its called a power shift in the meta of schools.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
angellifeheart on Jun 9, 2020 wrote:
Highly improbable, again we have no solid statics and boosting is still prevalent to this day.
Tier rank still goes as follows current meta:

As you can tell based on my ranking life fell short harder than most schools after the removal of guardian and scion buffs to most schools. Balance is still in a better position than life with bubble control.
Looking at my last 101 matches, I am winning 71% of my matches against Fire. Could be because of their may cast Infallible pets.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on Jun 16, 2020 wrote:
Another senseless statement base on no valid facts. I've already declared what i want to see in 5th age pvp and that's the opportunity of and competing for the number one spot while stay below top 3. Its called a power shift in the meta of schools.
right now for me my top list.

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
7th:

That is for my Samantha Max wizard.

Saying I don't have any facts when I do because I play in rank pvp as a Max Wizard.

I judge by how tc helps the warlords maybe that should be nerfed if weaver shields go to -60 so should the tc tower shields.

I think the tc blades at the libary should only cost 200 gold max 1,000 is a little to much gold to buy a tc blade for you can buy 2 tc tower shields that cost less then tc blades and the balance blade should only cost 500 gold at the libary egqual to the tc twoer shield or less then the tc tower shield.

I don't like people that brag that they have 6 Warlords I don't really care if you had 1 millions Warlords.

I don't think I should be playing against Warlords when I'm a pirvate maybe veteran but not Warlords that is a little unfair when they are max and i'm a max and a private and fighting a warlord that a max with the Warlord badge already.

I seen more unfair matches in rank pvp and I don't count 20 of my loses because I got disconnected from Wifi so those 20 losing streaks 5 of them I was winning and then I lose when my Wifi goes down.

and 1 of those 20 lost I beat a Warlord and he was already dead then game froze for a minute and the Warlord won by a Ddose because I use a TC Weaver to win and he had to cheat to change it for himself so he would win and not lose.

To me I only lost 15 matches the others 5 I won but got cheated the winnings tickets.

Samatha Max be family friendly