Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Purrrfect Bundle to lose crowns with.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
So I restarted my account last week, after a two year break. When you're forced to stay home indefinitely, why not play some wiz to pass the time? So I'm browsing all the new items in the crown shop, and I come across "The Purrrfect Bundle. It contains four permanent mounts and a mega snack pack.

The thing I find disturbing, is that these are mounts from a decade ago. Even worse three of the four mounts you can purchase with gold. Have been for years. It seems a tad duplicitous to package these items as a deal when it is not. Not every has money like that and especially in these times.

If someone didn't know any better they would drop 35,625 crowns. When they could get the exactly the same items for 265,000 gold and 7500 crowns.

I know that you wont, but you should remove this bundle Kingsisle, or make it actually worth 35,625 crowns. Sure everything is subjective. Someone might find value in it, but this seems very scammy imo.

Yeah just got back, and already starting drama, sorry folks. Have a good day all.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Mr Talon on May 24, 2020 wrote:
So I restarted my account last week, after a two year break. When you're forced to stay home indefinitely, why not play some wiz to pass the time? So I'm browsing all the new items in the crown shop, and I come across "The Purrrfect Bundle. It contains four permanent mounts and a mega snack pack.

The thing I find disturbing, is that these are mounts from a decade ago. Even worse three of the four mounts you can purchase with gold. Have been for years. It seems a tad duplicitous to package these items as a deal when it is not. Not every has money like that and especially in these times.

If someone didn't know any better they would drop 35,625 crowns. When they could get the exactly the same items for 265,000 gold and 7500 crowns.

I know that you wont, but you should remove this bundle Kingsisle, or make it actually worth 35,625 crowns. Sure everything is subjective. Someone might find value in it, but this seems very scammy imo.

Yeah just got back, and already starting drama, sorry folks. Have a good day all.
Whoa! I honestly can't believe this. Not only is this a terrible deal, this is the SECOND time they have done this.

A while back, I raised the issue of Kingsisle's Weekend Warrior Crowns Reward Weekend being too pricey. The cost for the final reward was priced waaay too high, just like this is. It was absurd, especially because I know many Americans are trying to hold on to whatever they can during lockdown. I raised a stink in hopes that they wouldn't do it again.

But they have anyway. Kingsisle, if this is your idea of a promotion, something is amiss in your marketing department. The fast that you are willing to do this, twice, during CORONAVIRUS QUARANTINE when people have less money and means on income, shows some level of inconsideration on your part. Regarding this, I demand that the Purrrfect Bundle be retracted immediately, and an apology issued to your playerbase.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I'll even double down on this.
Any pet that could be purchased for gold should not be able to be purchased with crowns.
Just like the gold tab wont light up when you're purchasing a crowns only item, should be the same for gold only items.

I totally get you needing to make money Kingsisle. We all do. It does matter how you make it. This is not the way.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Lookit Light on May 26, 2020 wrote:
Whoa! I honestly can't believe this. Not only is this a terrible deal, this is the SECOND time they have done this.

A while back, I raised the issue of Kingsisle's Weekend Warrior Crowns Reward Weekend being too pricey. The cost for the final reward was priced waaay too high, just like this is. It was absurd, especially because I know many Americans are trying to hold on to whatever they can during lockdown. I raised a stink in hopes that they wouldn't do it again.

But they have anyway. Kingsisle, if this is your idea of a promotion, something is amiss in your marketing department. The fast that you are willing to do this, twice, during CORONAVIRUS QUARANTINE when people have less money and means on income, shows some level of inconsideration on your part. Regarding this, I demand that the Purrrfect Bundle be retracted immediately, and an apology issued to your playerbase.
Hey Lookit Light

I didn't know the set you were talking about so I looked it up. I read the site here, and watched a few youtube videos on it. After catching up on it, I can't fault Kingsisle for finding a way to monitize new and unique items that will have lots of raritiy simply because of it's cost.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone I know has it. I'm just glad I wasn't playing at the time. Everybody is not going to be able to participate in every level of the game. But there are lots of people who not only went for the top reward, there were likely hundreds of others getting various levels of items they wanted. Possibly thousands going for lower level rewards.

My issue is with these items which are old, legacy even. Which are purchaseable with gold. Essentailly, free.
But if a person dosen't know it's free.. too bad for them?
Wow.
(Not directed at you Lookit Light, my shots are aimed kingsisle)

A lot more items should be made comepletely free. Especially when they hold events like the Weekend Warrior Crowns Reward Weekend. I know I'd be all in if I saw something I liked. Trust me their data analitics tells them to continue having events just like it.

Free like in all of wizard city should be free to play. I've been away for years and that it's still not free is rather ridiculous. Frankly Krokotopia should be free at this point too.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Lookit Light on May 26, 2020 wrote:

But I do agree with you that it was really expensive.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Mr Talon on May 28, 2020 wrote:
Hey Lookit Light

I didn't know the set you were talking about so I looked it up. I read the site here, and watched a few youtube videos on it. After catching up on it, I can't fault Kingsisle for finding a way to monitize new and unique items that will have lots of raritiy simply because of it's cost.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone I know has it. I'm just glad I wasn't playing at the time. Everybody is not going to be able to participate in every level of the game. But there are lots of people who not only went for the top reward, there were likely hundreds of others getting various levels of items they wanted. Possibly thousands going for lower level rewards.

My issue is with these items which are old, legacy even. Which are purchaseable with gold. Essentailly, free.
But if a person dosen't know it's free.. too bad for them?
Wow.
(Not directed at you Lookit Light, my shots are aimed kingsisle)

A lot more items should be made comepletely free. Especially when they hold events like the Weekend Warrior Crowns Reward Weekend. I know I'd be all in if I saw something I liked. Trust me their data analitics tells them to continue having events just like it.

Free like in all of wizard city should be free to play. I've been away for years and that it's still not free is rather ridiculous. Frankly Krokotopia should be free at this point too.
In a way, the fact that those mounts can be bought for Gold make it even worse. Not only is this pack drastically overpriced (even if there wasn't quarantine), but its purpose is absolutely meaningless. I'd rather waste crowns on Packs (which I also don't do).