Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We need a Time Limit for PVP Matches and Other Ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 31, 2015
1. 45 Minutes to an hour is more than enough time to play a fair game. Either: the player who damaged the enemy the most wins, or its simply a tie with both players losing and gaining 0.

2. Life is still quite broken vs certain schools with a max heal, and shield spam strategy. The Sanctuary global needs to be changed to 5, 6, or 7 pips. Doom and Gloom anti-heal should to be changed from 75% to 90% / 100%. Infection to 90%.

3. Turn-based is alright, but its a massive disadvantage for slower players. There needs to be a 15 second minimum grace timer so slower players can discard / draw the cards they need. We've had 30 seconds to choose cards in PVP for the entire history of the game, don't change it now. Wizard101 is a chill game that you enjoy with an iced latte, if I wanted to test my mechanics frantically discarding cards, I'd play Hearthstone or something.

4. Bring back Traditional PVP (not turn based). Ideally there would be 2 modes of PVP play, one Turn Based, and one not. The biggest problem with Traditional PVP (at max rank) isn't actually the turn advantage. It's the damage potential per turn. If I can lose half my health for not shielding once from a 2 Power Pip shadow spell, its a problem. If the potential damage from all schools per turn is lowered, the turn deficit is not as much of a problem. Which brings me to:

5. The Mirage update spells are broken. They should be made no PVP, period. Khrysalis update spells are balanced for the most part, because they require significant investment of pips to use, they can't be spammed, and they are not as reliant on RNG. Any future spells should remain at 6 pips or higher. There needs to be significant reason why you would use a shadow spell over your main kit. Worse spells may remain unused if later spells are simply better, so its an incentive to not just slap more damage on everything.

6. Shatter should be made no PVP. Earthquake is fair, but Shatter promotes shield spam / heal spam strategies into OHKO, which are anti-fun. No 0 pip spell exists to cleanse all traps at once, you will lose the pip war if you try spamming Vaporize / Earthquake, and when facing a player with max reshuffles, and TC reshuffles, it wouldn't matter anyway.

7. Any 2-4 pip damage into blade / trap spell TC should be made No-PVP in Traditional PVP. Fire Beetle, Life Scarab, etc. Except perhaps Rain Beetle. Fire Beetle and Guardian Spirit should remain No-PVP in all modes.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Exabytes on May 20, 2020 wrote:
1. 45 Minutes to an hour is more than enough time to play a fair game. Either: the player who damaged the enemy the most wins, or its simply a tie with both players losing and gaining 0.

2. Life is still quite broken vs certain schools with a max heal, and shield spam strategy. The Sanctuary global needs to be changed to 5, 6, or 7 pips. Doom and Gloom anti-heal should to be changed from 75% to 90% / 100%. Infection to 90%.

3. Turn-based is alright, but its a massive disadvantage for slower players. There needs to be a 15 second minimum grace timer so slower players can discard / draw the cards they need. We've had 30 seconds to choose cards in PVP for the entire history of the game, don't change it now. Wizard101 is a chill game that you enjoy with an iced latte, if I wanted to test my mechanics frantically discarding cards, I'd play Hearthstone or something.

4. Bring back Traditional PVP (not turn based). Ideally there would be 2 modes of PVP play, one Turn Based, and one not. The biggest problem with Traditional PVP (at max rank) isn't actually the turn advantage. It's the damage potential per turn. If I can lose half my health for not shielding once from a 2 Power Pip shadow spell, its a problem. If the potential damage from all schools per turn is lowered, the turn deficit is not as much of a problem. Which brings me to:

5. The Mirage update spells are broken. They should be made no PVP, period. Khrysalis update spells are balanced for the most part, because they require significant investment of pips to use, they can't be spammed, and they are not as reliant on RNG. Any future spells should remain at 6 pips or higher. There needs to be significant reason why you would use a shadow spell over your main kit. Worse spells may remain unused if later spells are simply better, so its an incentive to not just slap more damage on everything.

6. Shatter should be made no PVP. Earthquake is fair, but Shatter promotes shield spam / heal spam strategies into OHKO, which are anti-fun. No 0 pip spell exists to cleanse all traps at once, you will lose the pip war if you try spamming Vaporize / Earthquake, and when facing a player with max reshuffles, and TC reshuffles, it wouldn't matter anyway.

7. Any 2-4 pip damage into blade / trap spell TC should be made No-PVP in Traditional PVP. Fire Beetle, Life Scarab, etc. Except perhaps Rain Beetle. Fire Beetle and Guardian Spirit should remain No-PVP in all modes.
So this was a pretty good bait. You definitely had me at #1, I was thinking about maybe changing it to be as short as 30 minutes to hopefully eliminate jades from mid-level ranges. Still had me at the start of 2, life is really good with crit heals and I think it should be nerfed slightly, but after the sanc comment I looked around at the rest of the post and saw the Mirage spell comment, the shieldbreaker & buff spell comment, and the two queues comment and figured out right there that it was a bait. Well played, good sir.