Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scarcity of Players for Beastmoon Hunt

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2014
I'm having a problem with beastmoon hunt but that problem isn't about the game (or, event itself) but the "players waiting"count, like for instance today (5/5/2020) which is the first day of when the beastmoon hunt started i've been joining and canceling whilst waiting on timer as penalty for canceling in a rinse and repeat sort of way (it is around 11:50 PM, US central time at the time of writing this) to no avail and i only had 1 match during the whole time of doing that and that's a whole day wasted, not to mention its very close to midnight, because most of those players keep joining and then canceling after hitting a certain number of "players waiting" mark.

i can't be the only one having this problem, can someone please elaborate on why this is happening and if whether or not it's happening to you also?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Yes, it keeps happening to me too. I told Support and they sent me a link to post on this site.

I get a penalty due to inactivity, but that is a lie!

I join beastmoon hunt and the pop up message to join shows, but if I am busy prepping my wizard for the hunt (aka gardening or checking arena kiosk, etc) I'll X out the window or ignore it. One time I went to the bathroom for a minute and came back to a 15 minute penalty.

It happened at least 4 times already!

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
I've been playing beastmoon since day one, this week was different and ill tell you why.

They released the ability to group.

There are still a great deal of bugs related to grouping but people want it!

Regardless of that, I personally have never waited more than 3 minutes for a full group.

And as a rule I tell everyone, don't join a match till your ready.

Go to the bathroom, eat your meal, hang up the phone, and when you have the time to dedicate then join.

If you joined and got a not ready timer ban, that sounds hard but it was your fault.

Some games if you fail to show up you can be banned for 24hrs and more.

People like to try and brush it off saying, "Oh it's just a game."

It is, and it also isnt. If you join a match and don't show, that is 5 people that you are taking
they're time by your false start, because that is what is was.

If you click join match, simply put glue your self to the chair.

So If your paying attention and ready to be the best team mate, Go to the bathroom first.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
AtomGrounder on May 13, 2020 wrote:
I've been playing beastmoon since day one, this week was different and ill tell you why.

They released the ability to group.

There are still a great deal of bugs related to grouping but people want it!

Regardless of that, I personally have never waited more than 3 minutes for a full group.

And as a rule I tell everyone, don't join a match till your ready.

Go to the bathroom, eat your meal, hang up the phone, and when you have the time to dedicate then join.

If you joined and got a not ready timer ban, that sounds hard but it was your fault.

Some games if you fail to show up you can be banned for 24hrs and more.

People like to try and brush it off saying, "Oh it's just a game."

It is, and it also isnt. If you join a match and don't show, that is 5 people that you are taking
they're time by your false start, because that is what is was.

If you click join match, simply put glue your self to the chair.

So If your paying attention and ready to be the best team mate, Go to the bathroom first.
This advice is not practical.
Other people's experiences need be considered.

I have waited far longer than 3 minutes in the queue. This means I am expected to stare at my monitor and not blink for however long it may take. Plus, I have been at the computer and chose to either close out the pop-up message or let it count down. The game developers actually designed beastmoon with intent for us to plant beastmoon seeds in between Hunts. That is how we get coins to start each Hunt with.
There were times when the message took a long time, and times when it showed fast. It might also depend on the time of day.
Also think of people dealing with real life situations. Phones can ring, doors knocked on, family can need immediate attention, pets needing immediate attention, etc. And yes, it is possible that someone can feel it's best to take a quick trip to the bathroom after joining the queue and waiting for so long.

The problem is not the individual. The problem was the queue.

People should not be blamed or penalized or be made to feel uncomfortable or unwanted if real life happens.

Anyone who is in a Hunt with me, I personally will have understanding of your real life situation.

And btw, Atom, it can even happen to you one day. When that beastmoon day comes, you will want understanding in whatever situation comes up for you. Whatever it may be. You will not want to be given a penalty at no fault your own, believe me. So, I'll remind you how I got my 15-minute penalties. I got them by not clicking the pop-up. There was one time I did click it and it still had me waiting a very long time, then penalized me. And, every time I join a Hunt, I am ready with the knowledge that we all get a timer until it pulls us in, so once again, it was the queue with the timer that was the problem. The queue timer did not give us the allotted time. And the reasoning of "inactivity" was not true. Anyways, KI had a 5-hour maintenance the other day and claimed they worked on this particular issue, so we will see for next time. Cya there!