Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

let practice duels be something wizards can earn arena tickets from

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
1-3 weeks ago, I got a crafting quest from Ignis Ferric in the Arcanum, and one of the required reagents for the thing I had to craft was a participation trophy, and in the description it said "a reagent bought with arena tickets", and I also found out that that's the only way to obtain one; and crafting an item that required 5 of them is the only way to complete that quest and level up in crafting; so if reagents that quest completing can require really can cost as many arena tickets as they evidently sometimes do, either how fast arena tickets get earned makes one of the best examples of incredibly way too slow (no offence), or the way doing PVP in the way that earns arena tickets requires crowns or membership is as wrong as wrong possibly gets (also no offence); as a matter of fact, I've in the past asked people who hate PVP why they do, and they said this was one of the reasons, and I don't want wizard101 to lose some of it's popularity which I'm worried it might if this change doesn't get made , because it has details that make it a really good example of a fun pastime. for these reasons, if arena tickets-earning PVP must cost crowns or membership, I think the winner deserves 1,500 arena tickets and the person who lost gets 750 because of how many crowns it costs to do PVP in the way that earns arena tickets

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
I'm sorry if I'm understanding you incorrectly, as your poor use of punctuation and grammar made it hard to understand you, but have you ever done a tournament? They give you a ton of arena tickets even if you land last place.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
TiffanyHex123 on May 7, 2020 wrote:
I'm sorry if I'm understanding you incorrectly, as your poor use of punctuation and grammar made it hard to understand you, but have you ever done a tournament? They give you a ton of arena tickets even if you land last place.
beautiful example of disrespectful, Last time I did a crowns/membership area match, all I earned was 2 arena tickets; sometimes fact facing hurts, but 2 arena tickets is barley anything for how many the participation trophy reagent costs which is 800, and a crafting quest that I need to complete requires a ton of those reagents, that's why I'm so focused on making it so doing crowns/membership-requiring PVP isn't the only way to earn arena tickets, practice matches should earn them too

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
social sorcery boy on May 7, 2020 wrote:
beautiful example of disrespectful, Last time I did a crowns/membership area match, all I earned was 2 arena tickets; sometimes fact facing hurts, but 2 arena tickets is barley anything for how many the participation trophy reagent costs which is 800, and a crafting quest that I need to complete requires a ton of those reagents, that's why I'm so focused on making it so doing crowns/membership-requiring PVP isn't the only way to earn arena tickets, practice matches should earn them too
Did you participate in a ranked PvP match or a tournament? If you land in last for tournaments, they give you 20 tickets.

Also there are other ways you can earn participation trophies! You can either get them with arena tickets by doing daily quests, or sometimes if you're lucky they'll drop from the daily quests as well! Sure it's not the easiest way to earn them but it's definitely worth it! I've gotten two trophies just from this method, no PvP required!

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
social sorcery boy on May 7, 2020 wrote:
just buy a membership. $10 isn't much and sometimes it's even $5

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
I looked this up - and I also have a slight problem with this. The item in question appears to be Ignus' Focused Torchstaff. I'm not someone who has gotten to Level 100+ yet, but if I ever did make it that far, and I was forced to get participation trophies from the Arena for PvP, which I don't do, I would be pretty upset too. It would be good if there was another way to get these trophies for those of us who don't PvP. I shouldn't be forced to do something in game that's optional just to complete a crafting quest.

And for the record, I have done PvP before - and I hated it, that's why I've made a choice not to do it (and that's why I don't do the Beastmoon hunts either). But that was my choice, as it should be everyone's.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
social sorcery boy on May 5, 2020 wrote:
1-3 weeks ago, I got a crafting quest from Ignis Ferric in the Arcanum, and one of the required reagents for the thing I had to craft was a participation trophy, and in the description it said "a reagent bought with arena tickets", and I also found out that that's the only way to obtain one; and crafting an item that required 5 of them is the only way to complete that quest and level up in crafting; so if reagents that quest completing can require really can cost as many arena tickets as they evidently sometimes do, either how fast arena tickets get earned makes one of the best examples of incredibly way too slow (no offence), or the way doing PVP in the way that earns arena tickets requires crowns or membership is as wrong as wrong possibly gets (also no offence); as a matter of fact, I've in the past asked people who hate PVP why they do, and they said this was one of the reasons, and I don't want wizard101 to lose some of it's popularity which I'm worried it might if this change doesn't get made , because it has details that make it a really good example of a fun pastime. for these reasons, if arena tickets-earning PVP must cost crowns or membership, I think the winner deserves 1,500 arena tickets and the person who lost gets 750 because of how many crowns it costs to do PVP in the way that earns arena tickets
There is another way to get participation trophies beside participating in tournaments or ranked matches. It has happened to me personally, so I know for a fact - doing the Daily Assignment that has the chest will sometimes drop the participation trophy, but you won't see a notice if you got one, you must check your reagents in your backpack.
Best of Luck to you!

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
Halimeda on May 11, 2020 wrote:
I looked this up - and I also have a slight problem with this. The item in question appears to be Ignus' Focused Torchstaff. I'm not someone who has gotten to Level 100+ yet, but if I ever did make it that far, and I was forced to get participation trophies from the Arena for PvP, which I don't do, I would be pretty upset too. It would be good if there was another way to get these trophies for those of us who don't PvP. I shouldn't be forced to do something in game that's optional just to complete a crafting quest.

And for the record, I have done PvP before - and I hated it, that's why I've made a choice not to do it (and that's why I don't do the Beastmoon hunts either). But that was my choice, as it should be everyone's.
You don't have to do any PvP to get the trophies! You can easily earn arena tickets by doing daily quests every 3rd, 8th, and 13th day, and if you're lucky, they'll even drop as a reward from every 5th, 10th, and 15th day you've done the daily quests (the game won't alert you about this though as far as I'm aware, you have to manually check your reagents).

There are other ways to get the trophies, they just require more work than participating in participating in ranked PvP or Tournaments. I've never done a single match of PvP outside of practice in my life, and I've managed to get two trophies by daily quests. I'm still on the lookout for eight more of them to do the revered crafting quest but I'm not doing PvP to earn these trophies at all.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
lilychirp303 on May 11, 2020 wrote:
You don't have to do any PvP to get the trophies! You can easily earn arena tickets by doing daily quests every 3rd, 8th, and 13th day, and if you're lucky, they'll even drop as a reward from every 5th, 10th, and 15th day you've done the daily quests (the game won't alert you about this though as far as I'm aware, you have to manually check your reagents).

There are other ways to get the trophies, they just require more work than participating in participating in ranked PvP or Tournaments. I've never done a single match of PvP outside of practice in my life, and I've managed to get two trophies by daily quests. I'm still on the lookout for eight more of them to do the revered crafting quest but I'm not doing PvP to earn these trophies at all.
Can also do pet derby