Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mutate Loremaster Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2012
Everyone complains about farming for the Loremaster spell drop that they want, but getting the wrong spell. For example, on my life, I have Deer Knight and Athena, which are both good cards but are worthless because I can't use power pips for them and my gear isn't meant for death or myth damage. Many people want to have lore spells to be transferable throughout the account, but I have an alternate solution. I think there should be mutate spells for each lore card that can be changed for each school. That's a lot of work to add so many variants, but it would make the grind for new spells less painful, because each spell you acquire can still be used when in combination with their respective mutate spells. While you may not get the spell you were specifically farming for, your character would still be getting stronger. Currently, my life has not been impacted at all by gaining Deer Knight or Athena, but if I had mutates for those spells into a life card, it would be more beneficial than just taking up space. Being able to use the lore spells that we have acquired, even if it wasn't the one we were looking for, would take some of the sting away from getting the wrong drop.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
Sorry... I have to disagree with this post. Because mastery amulets exist... Mutating the cards wouldn't help.. Sounds like it does... But if you think about it... Mastery Amulets give the desired pips of the school. Thanks for sharing your idea though!

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
Whiz Kid on Apr 25, 2020 wrote:
Sorry... I have to disagree with this post. Because mastery amulets exist... Mutating the cards wouldn't help.. Sounds like it does... But if you think about it... Mastery Amulets give the desired pips of the school. Thanks for sharing your idea though!
I disagree with this tbh because instead of getting a separate enchantment to mutate the card, being able to permanently change the school of a lore spell would be way better. That way, we'll be able to Colossal or Epic enchant the spell, and be able to properly use the stats of our school and the blades of our school.

Mastery Amulets while good, is not too beneficial when it comes to offense outside the world of pvp.

I think it's a Splendid Idea!

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
Yes!! This is a great idea! As an advocate for greater spell variation, it would be a great way to up the spell count of our wizards! We can use the rune reagents from the Deckathalon to be able re-make the spells!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
While I agree this could be a neat thing to do, I would rather focus on the real issue which is the drop rates and the fact that we normally get the spells we don't want way before we get the ones we do want. I know KI has stated that Loremaster is broken, and not working the way it should, however, we have pointed out multiple ways of fixing loremaster. Let us choose the spell we get, make it drop same school spells first, using a token system that allows us to go outside of the sigil and choose what spell we want to cash it in on, etc.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Mutate a possibility although it's why we have mastery amulets.

One change i would add though:
you hatch with a pet gives you a spell card example: fire pet gives fire attack card you hatch with your balance pet and get a hybrid balance version of the fire pet spell card given you convert to balance not stay fire on balance version of pet

just a thought

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
What if instead of mutating it into a different school you would mutate it into the card you wanted originally or had the option upon picking it up you could transfer it to different character. Like when you buy a new bundle you have the option to claim the house on any character. implement that feature that already exists in game into a feature for grinding the cards.

Survivor
May 30, 2012
Lasander28 on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:
Mutate a possibility although it's why we have mastery amulets.

One change i would add though:
you hatch with a pet gives you a spell card example: fire pet gives fire attack card you hatch with your balance pet and get a hybrid balance version of the fire pet spell card given you convert to balance not stay fire on balance version of pet

just a thought
The mastery amulets let you use your power pips to cast the spell, but it still doesn't change the stats to your benefit, and the amulet costs a lot of crowns to buy, and the dropped one is extra grinding that shouldn't be necessary in order to properly use the spell.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I would also be fine if they just made all spells be craftable difficult to craft but still craftable. I still havent gotten burning rampage from lambent...its been years now.