Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2nd Chance chest broken at Satharlith (lost 30k crowns)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 14, 2011
So I decided to spend 30k crowns to try to get the amulet from Satharlith, and I think the chest is broken. All 2nd chance chests I have ever done give a gold, reagents, and snack minimum. This chest legit gave 1 snack per expenditure without any gold or anything else given. I got a reagent once also which is literal garbage, since I spent going in thinking it would give at least gold and a snack + maybe some reagents. If you are going to do a second chance chest nerf to the point where you spend 30k to get a worthless snack and nothing else, you should at least mention it. Like morganthe, rasputin, trident etc. all give reagents, a piece of gear, and gold each time something is spent.

Explorer
May 14, 2011
Also forgot to mention that brain jars was a drop. Well more accurately, a single brain jar (no gold, snack, reagent). Every time you open, just 1 thing appears rather than the typical 3 things like a bad piece of gear/furniture, gold, and snack. (1 snack, 1 brain jar)

Explorer
May 14, 2011
Assuming this was seen. Would just be nice to know if this was intentional to completely alter second chance chests to give only 1 snack and thats it or not?

Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
Ya, Kingsisle. I'd like a response on this too. I didn't spend 30K Crowns, more like 150 Crowns.

The decent thing your company can do is respond to "Pay To Win" players about why you're not allowing Alchemy Reagents to be in the Second Chance Chests in the Catacombs.

Your community is getting tired by the lack of responses. Answer us.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
I guess Kingsisle doesn't respond to Forum posts anymore since they don't care.
Sorry about your 30K Crowns, Bob. Did you try Renegade Druid and Devourer to see if it happens there too?

Explorer
May 14, 2011
Hi again. I see you fixed the issue, but can I get my 30k crowns back since those aren't cheap and it was broken?

Survivor
Oct 02, 2016
No, the 2nd chance chest is not broken. Opening chests, opening packs, farming for a specific drop are all forms of gambling. The odds are supposed to be against you so this game makes money... they will never disclose a drop rate or respond to this post because it will only discourage people from spending money.

Explorer
May 14, 2011
They were broken for the catacombs bosses. They had to fix them which they said in a recent post on bug fixes which is why I am asking for the crowns back.