Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Add More Ways to Get Spellements

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2014
When I first heard of the idea of spellements, I was pretty excited for it. It would be another way for us to improve our decks and spells. Even if it only had a slow start with only Daybreaker and Nightbringer, I couldn't wait for more to come. But then I realized, they're locked behind packs (aside from the new Wizard City Drains gauntlet, which is for level 130 wizards).....Yeah, packs that cost 399 crowns each. While that doesn't seem like much, you have to figure, you only have a chance at getting spellements, it's not guaranteed you'll get any. And worse, each spellemental pack only has spellements for 2 spells, and they are only for the rank 1 and 2 spells you learn very early in the game. While that can be beneficial for lower level wizards, someone like me who has a level 100 fire wizard does not benefit from spellements for Fire Cat or (when it comes out) Fire Elf. Now, I have a few ways that this could be resolved.

1. Drops from Enemies/Bosses
This is very straight forward, like how Daybreaker and Nightbringer are possible drops in the Drains, add other spellements as drops to other enemies and bosses. Now, the common enemies you face in the streets would have a lower chance of dropping them, but bosses (especially key bosses) will have a better chance at dropping them. Now which ones they would drop, would most likely depend on their rank, for instance, rank 3 enemies would drop spellements for spells like Locust Swarm, Treeant, Cyclops, etc. While rank 7 could drop for Storm Lord, Fire Dragon, Scarecrow, etc. As for enemies of even higher ranks, they could drop spellements for the astral spells, and even later, the shadow spells/spells that use shadow pips.

2. Side Quests
We all know side quests give extra rewards, why not have side quests that reward spellements for completing them? The best part about this would be that the spellements you get would depend on your school, that way, for example, Life wizards wouldn't get Ice spellements for completing these extra tasks.

3. Crafting
We all know crafting, why not add spellements to the crafting table? It would be simple, 1 spellement for a certain spell would need, let's say 3 treasure cards of that spell. So for example, if you want spellements for Meteor Strike, you would need Meteor Strike treasure cards to craft them.

4. Fishing
Yes, this may seem like a weird option, but since fishing does have a chance at giving you chests containing various things, spellements could be added to those possible rewards. And, like how the gear that's possible to get depends on the world you are fishing in, the spellements you get would also depend on the world you are fishing in. So Wizard City would have rank 1 and 2 spellements, Krokotopia would have 3 and 4, etc.

Well, that's all I got, what do you guys think? Do you have other ideas for other ways to get spellements?

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
Coming from someone who has played this game on and off for almost 8 years at this point i'm very disappointed with the way ki has implemented a system that has huge potential to be an amazing feature. Only allowing a few spells to have upgrades, and having said upgrades behind a paywall. My suggestion to solve this issue would be to keep the spell fragments in the packs but increase the drop amount, and make fragments for spells drop in appropriate areas for example dropping firecat and fire elf in firecat alley, and the darkmoor spells dropping in darkmoor at a low but not impossible to farm drop rate. And for the issue of the lack of spells I dont know how the code is structured or written or how to add even a single spellement option, but it seems each school has its own improvement trees and it seems like many spells upgrade trees can be auto generated with minor tweaks to some to make it more balanced.

Administrator
AndrewMythDust on Apr 19, 2020 wrote:
Coming from someone who has played this game on and off for almost 8 years at this point i'm very disappointed with the way ki has implemented a system that has huge potential to be an amazing feature. Only allowing a few spells to have upgrades, and having said upgrades behind a paywall. My suggestion to solve this issue would be to keep the spell fragments in the packs but increase the drop amount, and make fragments for spells drop in appropriate areas for example dropping firecat and fire elf in firecat alley, and the darkmoor spells dropping in darkmoor at a low but not impossible to farm drop rate. And for the issue of the lack of spells I dont know how the code is structured or written or how to add even a single spellement option, but it seems each school has its own improvement trees and it seems like many spells upgrade trees can be auto generated with minor tweaks to some to make it more balanced.
Thanks Andrew for the thoughts about the Spellwrighting System. It's still being adjusted based on community feedback. I'll send along your feedback to the team.