Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Catalina and Photomancy

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Hi All,

I’m a returning player (away since Autumn 2017 so lots of fun new thing!) and have been able to play on a new MacBook running Catalina. Everything works EXCEPT Photomancy. Choosing CMD + X or even accidentally scrolling to the Photomancy tab locks up the laptop. Not just freezes the game - crashes the entire machine. I can only escape the game by holding the power button and forcing shutdown.

MacBook is brand new, just out of the box, MacBook 12, purchased mid March. (It’s the 2018 model, but purchased new, sealed, from a big-box retailer when I was furloughed March 13 and I’ve made no changes to OS etc..., so I don’t think it’s the laptop..)

The entire game worked properly (including Photomancy) the first week when it was still running Mojave. I accepted the Photomancy quest and was able to complete the first selfie. I didn’t attempt anything beyond that until after I upgraded first week of April. Both Wiz and Pirate run, but Photomancy crashes everything.

Any suggestions? Anyone else seeing the same behavior?

Administrator
PaigeGoldenspear on Apr 17, 2020 wrote:
Hi All,

I’m a returning player (away since Autumn 2017 so lots of fun new thing!) and have been able to play on a new MacBook running Catalina. Everything works EXCEPT Photomancy. Choosing CMD + X or even accidentally scrolling to the Photomancy tab locks up the laptop. Not just freezes the game - crashes the entire machine. I can only escape the game by holding the power button and forcing shutdown.

MacBook is brand new, just out of the box, MacBook 12, purchased mid March. (It’s the 2018 model, but purchased new, sealed, from a big-box retailer when I was furloughed March 13 and I’ve made no changes to OS etc..., so I don’t think it’s the laptop..)

The entire game worked properly (including Photomancy) the first week when it was still running Mojave. I accepted the Photomancy quest and was able to complete the first selfie. I didn’t attempt anything beyond that until after I upgraded first week of April. Both Wiz and Pirate run, but Photomancy crashes everything.

Any suggestions? Anyone else seeing the same behavior?
Thanks Paige for reporting this concern. There are some Photomancy issues with macOS that we're currently working on. Hopefully we'll get these resolved for you soon.

If you are using it while in Pet Mode, see if you can avoid using that mode with it for now.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Sparck on Apr 20, 2020 wrote:
Thanks Paige for reporting this concern. There are some Photomancy issues with macOS that we're currently working on. Hopefully we'll get these resolved for you soon.

If you are using it while in Pet Mode, see if you can avoid using that mode with it for now.
I avoided it altogether until this morning when I accidentally tapped Z instead of X at the Team Up Kiosk.
Nothing froze, nothing crashed, the window opened immediately and I was able to take a selfie.

Thank you, KI!