Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A new take on minions!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
Fine day wizards!

Minions can be very helpful when solo questing or even in pvp. But it gets to the point where your old favorite minions, like your cyclops minion, might not help as much anymore.

Let's face it, minions don't do a lot of damage, and can usually get one shot depending on the hit, especially in later worlds. So this is my take, henchmen enhancing! In a room, or a workbench like the crafting ones, you are presented with the henchmen enhance table. Here you can spend resources and items to make some of your minions a bit more stronger. (This is a bit like spellments, but for minions!)

For instance, lets say you put in your Golem minion that every myth gets at a lower level. Putting it in the table will present this:

Golem minion:

Health 45 > 55

Damage 0% > 5%

Resist 0% > 3%

Accuracy 0% > 2%

Resource Cost: ??? ??? ???

Each minion will have its own chart, and own set of enhanced stats. So you can't have a Talos with 1,500 health, instead his stats would go more into defense or damage since his health is his strong point already. (in my opinion)

I think it should go up to 3 tiers on all minions, and 5 tiers on myth minions, since they are the school of myth, minions are meant to be their gimmick.

Although the upgrades will be minimal, it will increase their usefulness in pvp and pve I feel.

Thanks for reading through!

-Noah Hawkbreath

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
GoldenHephaetus on Apr 5, 2020 wrote:
Fine day wizards!

Minions can be very helpful when solo questing or even in pvp. But it gets to the point where your old favorite minions, like your cyclops minion, might not help as much anymore.

Let's face it, minions don't do a lot of damage, and can usually get one shot depending on the hit, especially in later worlds. So this is my take, henchmen enhancing! In a room, or a workbench like the crafting ones, you are presented with the henchmen enhance table. Here you can spend resources and items to make some of your minions a bit more stronger. (This is a bit like spellments, but for minions!)

For instance, lets say you put in your Golem minion that every myth gets at a lower level. Putting it in the table will present this:

Golem minion:

Health 45 > 55

Damage 0% > 5%

Resist 0% > 3%

Accuracy 0% > 2%

Resource Cost: ??? ??? ???

Each minion will have its own chart, and own set of enhanced stats. So you can't have a Talos with 1,500 health, instead his stats would go more into defense or damage since his health is his strong point already. (in my opinion)

I think it should go up to 3 tiers on all minions, and 5 tiers on myth minions, since they are the school of myth, minions are meant to be their gimmick.

Although the upgrades will be minimal, it will increase their usefulness in pvp and pve I feel.

Thanks for reading through!

-Noah Hawkbreath
Isnt there already a system being implemented to enhance spells after the fact? Would be nice if that expanded to cover minion spells, and wouldnt take a whole new crafting table. I'd love to put my mander minions to use in later worlds.

My big suggestion is instead of outright stat buffs, or alongside them, their deck sees direct changes. So, for example, the Helpful Mander minion balance gets regularly starts to get more of the buffs balance has, gaining access to elemental and/or spirit blades and traps (perhaps that being one of the choices you make levelling it up), bladestorm, etc.