Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we address raging bull's lack of damage?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
It's been mentioned before, many times.. though the lack of damage is still there. The spell is sub-par compared to bugs, mythic colossus, khrulhu.. and they all cost a pip less. The constant argument is that the spell has a smokescreen after the hit which is the trade-off for the lack of damage; however, what we fail to address is the fact that bugs removes ALL charms, colossus removes ALL shields, and khrulhu heals back half the damage dealt, not to mention they all cost a pip less. These effects are insanely better than a smokescreen that isn't anything in comparison.The easiest fix would just to be increase the damage to match equivalent spells from different schools, right? Or if we wanted to make it more unique, the spell already has a nonfunctional wyldfire in the spell animation, so we could just add it as a lasting effect to the spell, before it deals the damage, similar to Hephaestus. That would increase the damage to be up-to-par with other spells, and make the spell unique. Fire is supposed to be one of the top damage schools, but its shadow spells convince me otherwise.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
kyleholm. on Sep 21, 2019 wrote:
It's been mentioned before, many times.. though the lack of damage is still there. The spell is sub-par compared to bugs, mythic colossus, khrulhu.. and they all cost a pip less. The constant argument is that the spell has a smokescreen after the hit which is the trade-off for the lack of damage; however, what we fail to address is the fact that bugs removes ALL charms, colossus removes ALL shields, and khrulhu heals back half the damage dealt, not to mention they all cost a pip less. These effects are insanely better than a smokescreen that isn't anything in comparison.The easiest fix would just to be increase the damage to match equivalent spells from different schools, right? Or if we wanted to make it more unique, the spell already has a nonfunctional wyldfire in the spell animation, so we could just add it as a lasting effect to the spell, before it deals the damage, similar to Hephaestus. That would increase the damage to be up-to-par with other spells, and make the spell unique. Fire is supposed to be one of the top damage schools, but its shadow spells convince me otherwise.
I disagree. Raging bull has 775-900 damage and the -25 smoke screen.

The damage alone is higher than Mystic Colossus without being enhanced.

My fire wizard has this and uses Epic along with 1 or 2 blades and it does some pretty heavy damage. So what if it does cost one more pip?

As for making the wyldfire effect a lasting effect, I disagree with that too. My Fire runs with my Life and if Sanctuary is up, I don't want it replaced with wyldfire.

Each school has their own specialty as does each spell. I have Hephaestus but rarely use it just for the reason of the wyldfire. If I am running Fire solo, then yes, I will use Hephaestus but only once or twice. Raging Bull and Fire Dragon are the main ones my fire uses. Efreet is my single hit.