Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Stats at LVL 70?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2018
Hey everyone!

I was playing and another player pointed out that my stats were "under the sea." I figured as my level went up that maybe I could get better stats but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am currently level 71, fire wizard. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As you level, you have to upgrade your stats manually for them to improve.

The best and possibly the easiest way to do this is by upgrading, changing your gear; meaning, hat, robe, shoes, athame; all that fancy stuff.

So, here's what I suggest.

If you've any questions, feel free to follow up at anytime.

In terms of your hat, robe and shoes; I recommend either Waterworks Gear or the ZigZag Gear. Both works well.

The level 56+ school only athame and ring available from the Bazaar can suffice for now. Better exist, so again, let me know if you're interested.

The wand dropped from doing Mount Olympus can work as a temporary substitution for a wand at your level.

And finally, what about your pet? A solid one with decent talents and stats will help phenomenally!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
b3lgard on Jul 29, 2019 wrote:
Hey everyone!

I was playing and another player pointed out that my stats were "under the sea." I figured as my level went up that maybe I could get better stats but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am currently level 71, fire wizard. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
As we level up some of our base stats increase - like power pip chance, health, mana, energy. However, the main value to leveling up is the ability to equip higher level gear. This will allow us to boost all our stats even more
This chart can help you see how base stats change as we level up.

At level 71 I'd be using the Firestarter's Hood, Cape and Boots...you can get them from the underwater dungeon called Waterworks. It's a level 60 dungeon found in Crab Alley (Wizard City).

Other than that it's a little difficult to advise what other gear without knowing what you're currently using. If you'd like more detailed suggestions you could post your over-all stats, list what gear you're using and what your pet gives. With so many gear choices in game, knowing what your current set up is makes it easier for us to spot the simple changes that will have the best improvement.

I hope this helps

PS. If you haven't done Waterworks yet then you could check with Blad Raveneye on Triton Avenue for the quest Under Pressure. That takes you to Herman in Crab Alley who gives Strange Currents, which leads to You Go First... (which is the Waterworks dungeon).

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Another thing you can do is when you see a really good fire wizard is click on them and make a note of what gear they have on, then try to get that gear yourself. Remember you can check out anyone’s gear even if they are not on your friends list.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
I would recommend this gear setup
Hat- Level 56 wintertusk crafted hat- It gives an extra blade which can be really useful. If this doesn’t matter then house of scales hat.
Robe- house of scales robe- it’s more offensive than waterworks and I like it more, if you prefer defense then waterworks.
Boots- Professor hoard boots- they give good damage and critical which is special compared to waterworks boots which don’t give critical. I value critical over block when leveling.
Wand- Professor hoard wand for damage and critical. If you wanted to go for a big critical build the jack gallows wand- I would recommend the professor hoard.
Athame- Level 56 crafted athame from wintertusk
Ring- Nastrond Ring, Ruby ring of battle is why it’s called I believe.
Pet- I’d go with a triple critical, triple damage pet. Put you could get proof if that interests you.
Mount- Ghulture- I don’t think this is important but if you want it go for it.
Deck- Armillary deck- it gives a triangle socket which is the only socket that’s worth it on decks.