Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Myth Overhaul

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2017

Myth, the school of the imaginative. The school of the tactician who watches over the battlefield, commanding his minions to do his bidding.

Okay, the second part isn't true.

Myth cannot control their minions. Myth can buff their minions, shield their minions, sacrifice their minions, and yet they cannot control them. This is a major hindrance to Myth wizard, as this makes the spells learned at the end of the quest 'Enrollment', level 7, level 18, level 38, level 55, and level 75, as well as at level 108 thanks to the spell Witch's Housecall, near-useless at maximum level. This post will detail an idea on how to reform and overhaul the Myth school, with minimal work needed for Kingsisle.

Idea 1: Multiple Minions, No Control
This idea is the simplest for KI to implement, as it merely is the refitting of a Monstrology bonus into the main Myth school. For this idea, Myth simply has the ability to summon up to three minions, but, they cannot control these minions. This increases the chance that minions do something useful, such as blading or healing, and increases the DPR (damage per round) that Myth can do.

Idea 2: Multiple Minions, Settings
This idea borrows on idea 1. This idea is that Myth can summon up to three minions, and, can toggle a setting for each minion. This setting affects the AI of the minion to focus in on something specific, for example:
Damage Setting - Minion only attacks
Utility Setting - Minion will focus on casting blades on the wizard, shielding the wizard, and placing traps on the enemies
Healing Setting - If the minion has it in their deck, the minion will focus on casting healing spells
This allows the minion to retain some AI, but, increases their usefulness exponentially.

Idea 3: Multiple Minions, Full Control
This idea borrows on idea 1. This idea is that Myth may summon up to three minions and can fully control them. This would work as additional decks showing up above or down below the Wizard's deck. These decks would have a label on them that designates what deck belongs to what minion. This would add an impressive amount of visual clutter to the screen, though, unless these decks were smaller and or more compact than the wizard's deck.

I hope that these ideas can be considered by Kingsisle, as I feel that these ideas can really boost the popularity of the Myth school and put them into the proper category of the Minion school that they are meant to be. I also think that Myth should receive at least 2 more minions, as Death still has the most minions. (Reanimate = 14 minions, Malduit = 1 minion for a total of 15 minions. Myth has Golem, 1 minion, Troll, 3 minions, Cyclops, 4 minions, Minotaur, Talos, and Vassanji, each totaling 1 minion each. Witch's housecall provides an additional 3 minions.)

I truly think that the Myth aesthetic and class is a gorgeous and well-thought-out one, but I and many other players in the game long for Myth to have a proper Myth control ability. I hope that these ideas can be considered and brought to a healthy debate, as I feel that Myth would benefit greatly from these ideas. I also feel that Myth needs more 2x hit spells, but that's for another time :).

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Love the idea, very intricate indeed, however due to myth high damage caliber at max level i don't feel minions are quiet necessary.I think the solution to your current situation would be to give myth like the baba yaga spell minions cards that specifically plays the role. I do understand your point, and i always feel like myth should be the overlords of minion manipulation. Sadly, if i had to rank minion oppressiveness id say, in the order shown have the best minion summoning so far which is kinda ironic.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Really interesting ideas. I think this would make a more compelling case to use minions as a Myth wizard. It's debatable on whether or not they're even worth using in their current state. Still though, I think something like this would have to be limited to one exclusive summon or rather left out of PvP entirely.