Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Regarding castle tours . . .

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
No doubt that random castles was ok back in the beginning, Random selections allows for some castles to be repeatedly brought up with no option to go through the castles all.. I have been looking for a friends submit several days and have no idea if it's there or not because I can't find it in the 'decorated' list. I've seen it by porting to her, but I am sick of all the random repeats of so many castles instead of being able to go through them without the agitation of the repetitions.

There needs to be an option to go straight through the list as submitted rather than random . . . there is no way to even tell how many castles therre are to go through so you know if you will have time to finish before you have to go to work or go to bed.

While not number 1 on the fixes that need to be made, if the votes aren't important to KI; but is important to the people submitting their work. It's so annoying that I just apologized for not voting and got out of there . . . would like to go back, but not until I can skip the dozen repeat's of some castles. Just too many nice submits to not be able to see them. Mind you, I sat there for 3 days going through them for 2 and 3 hours each time.

Anyone got a clue how to avoid that problem? I wouldn't mind trying again if anyone knows how . . . 'Friends' listing won't work because if you use that, you can't 'rate' it. Tried 'decorated' and sat there 3 hours fighting to get through the list . . . hmmmmmmm how would I know as there is not count of how many there are and no way to count through all those random selections.

IF there is a secret way, PLEASE clue me in . . .

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I agree. Many people work very hard to decorate their houses yet the likelihood of their castle(s) being visited appears to be very slim. Many beautiful houses that should be able to be seen by more and their work receive the attention it deserves.

Also the category for "decorated" and "magical" appear to be one in the same, as top ranked houses in each category appear to have very similar characteristics, that being: a ton of items, everywhere, with no organization to it at all. There should at least be a rewording the description for decorated houses to adequately match the houses that make it onto that list or put those houses in the "crazy" category at least. It's annoying how little I actually get to see a beautifully decorated and organized house when I view the castles in the top ranked "decorated" house category.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
cardorarla on Jul 28, 2019 wrote:
No doubt that random castles was ok back in the beginning, Random selections allows for some castles to be repeatedly brought up with no option to go through the castles all.. I have been looking for a friends submit several days and have no idea if it's there or not because I can't find it in the 'decorated' list. I've seen it by porting to her, but I am sick of all the random repeats of so many castles instead of being able to go through them without the agitation of the repetitions.

There needs to be an option to go straight through the list as submitted rather than random . . . there is no way to even tell how many castles therre are to go through so you know if you will have time to finish before you have to go to work or go to bed.

While not number 1 on the fixes that need to be made, if the votes aren't important to KI; but is important to the people submitting their work. It's so annoying that I just apologized for not voting and got out of there . . . would like to go back, but not until I can skip the dozen repeat's of some castles. Just too many nice submits to not be able to see them. Mind you, I sat there for 3 days going through them for 2 and 3 hours each time.

Anyone got a clue how to avoid that problem? I wouldn't mind trying again if anyone knows how . . . 'Friends' listing won't work because if you use that, you can't 'rate' it. Tried 'decorated' and sat there 3 hours fighting to get through the list . . . hmmmmmmm how would I know as there is not count of how many there are and no way to count through all those random selections.

Well, there is a category selection where you can choose "visit friends castle" but you won't be able to vote for them. It's considered unfair by KI.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2015
I just spent 3 hours searching for a friend's castle to vote for it because I just love it; Almost immediately, I started getting repeats due to the 'random' draws; 'rating' is a lark unless we can see all of the houses. I think tours should be new ones first and straight through to the first ones offered WITHOUT random drawing until the last one is shown. Personally, I think the random was quite good when the castle tours started but now, there are too many little wizards trying to show their decor . . .

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
I think it is totally UNFAIR to allow ratings when you aren't seeing all of them . . . and if they theink that would be unfair, then they should do away with the 'RANDOM' viewing.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
cardorarla on Aug 5, 2019 wrote:
I think it is totally UNFAIR to allow ratings when you aren't seeing all of them . . . and if they theink that would be unfair, then they should do away with the 'RANDOM' viewing.
Or maybe they should just do away with Castle Tours completely.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Aug 6, 2019 wrote:
Or maybe they should just do away with Castle Tours completely.
Do away with Castle Tours? Are you crazy? People spend weeks decorating their house just so they can show it off! How else would I show off my House Guest collection? Though I agree, it could do with a fix.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Aug 6, 2019 wrote:
Do away with Castle Tours? Are you crazy? People spend weeks decorating their house just so they can show it off! How else would I show off my House Guest collection? Though I agree, it could do with a fix.
I only said that in regards of posters complaining about this feature. But anyway you could show off your house to friends ( & friends of friends ) without using Castle Tours.,
The truth is, players want to see their houses in the "Top 100", even though you don't get a badge for it. I, too, am tired of seeing "decorated" houses with 50 pets/mounts outside & 50 pets/mounts inside ( which isn't decorating at all.)

And you still aren't allowed to vote on a friend's house.

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
cardorarla on Jul 28, 2019 wrote:

Either I’m slow, or you dont make sense at all. Are you trying to get your castle to the top in castle tours by voting it with a bunch of random other characters? Thats what it sounds like, but keep note theres tons of houses in castle tours awaiting to be reviewed by people, and that the average house only lasts 60 days in castle tours, after that itll be removed. And the random selection of castle tours goes by any house there in general, if you want to views yours try using the “newly added houses” with the category decoration if its in there. But usually the random house selection sorts by whats in it in general, not by the time it was added to it.

Survivor
May 01, 2013
I completely agree ith this issue in castle tours. When I am bored and looking to see what others are doing with their decorating I often cruise the "added today" or "random" sections of the tour options. But more often then not I always continuously see the same castles over and over and over. I will view one and then be ported right back to the one I was just at. This happens constantly and gets frustrating. When it repeats the same 7 homes over and over for almost 45 minutes I will finally give up on finding anything new to look at and check out. I am obsessed with decorating and cruise peoples homes while watching a movie, etc. It really does bug. This happens in any of the caterregories you chose tbh. I wish they would fix it. And seeing the same houses with absolutely nothing in them is another major issue. People put them in castle tours and then pick up everything from inside their castles leaving them completely blank. Very annoying just like only having pets and mounts in them. There just has to be a better system than what is being utilized currently.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
cardorarla on Aug 5, 2019 wrote:
If there are a lot of Castles up for tour....then it will be hard to get your friend's Castle easily. Remember, "Random" doesn't mean you can eventually click through all the houses to get to your friend's. It means you are randomly getting a house every time you queue for Castle Tours.

It is unfair to allow voting by directly going to your friend's house, since it wouldn't be about the community's poll, but rather who has the most friends to up vote them (popularity contest).

KI actually has a great Castle Tour system to prevent abuse.