Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enemy adds when a new wizard joins the battle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
I keep seeing enemy adding incorrectly to battles when a new wizard joins. If I'm soloing 2 enemy and someone new adds to the battle then the new enemy adds to the knife circle. When my new wizard and I finish off the 2 original enemy then the add enemy in the knife slot is still standing with full health and lots of pips. I usually partner with someone all the time, so we get 3 enemy in a battle, yet if a new wizard adds to the battle then the 4th enemy that adds because of the new wizard will again add into the knife circle. Just like before when soloing, that 4th enemy is full health packing lots of pips when the 3 original enemy are defeated.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
CapnKaz on Jul 22, 2019 wrote:
I keep seeing enemy adding incorrectly to battles when a new wizard joins. If I'm soloing 2 enemy and someone new adds to the battle then the new enemy adds to the knife circle. When my new wizard and I finish off the 2 original enemy then the add enemy in the knife slot is still standing with full health and lots of pips. I usually partner with someone all the time, so we get 3 enemy in a battle, yet if a new wizard adds to the battle then the 4th enemy that adds because of the new wizard will again add into the knife circle. Just like before when soloing, that 4th enemy is full health packing lots of pips when the 3 original enemy are defeated.
This isn't a bug, this is how the game is run - an extra wizard means an extra enemy who is at full health and pips.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
This is how it is atm, but I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on this!) that Ratbeard said they were looking at potentially changing things up a bit so joining wizards in battle is always positive?

Personally I don't mind people jumping in, but there are a lot of wizards who thoroughly hate it when the timing is 'bad'. I'm hopeful that any new system implemented will allow the players involved to choose and for it to encourage working together and all jumping into battle as allies...maybe even allow us to draw more enemies at a time even if we're alone

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
This is a bug or glitch but I have not found a real problem with it it doesn't happen all the time or even in every world. I believe what she is talking about is the new enemy adding to an already occupied spot it does happen and can be confusing it also seems to happen most often when the enemy is about to die The only advice I would have is just watch for it since the extra in the wrong spot won't hit until it is in that spot alone just watch for it

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
WyldFyre369 on Jul 29, 2019 wrote:
This is a bug or glitch but I have not found a real problem with it it doesn't happen all the time or even in every world. I believe what she is talking about is the new enemy adding to an already occupied spot it does happen and can be confusing it also seems to happen most often when the enemy is about to die The only advice I would have is just watch for it since the extra in the wrong spot won't hit until it is in that spot alone just watch for it
Ooooh, thanks for clarifying!

I've never seen that happen. Could either of you (or anyone else who has experienced it) give more details re: where it's happening? It's easier for them to check it out if they know where to start looking for it.

It might be helpful to send them an email when (include time zone) and where it happened with your username and name of wizard it happened to (not password) - then they could check the exact logs for what you experienced.

Sorry for misunderstanding the issue!