Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Improving the player vs player system.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2013
Nerf lore master, make her either have lower damage, add a pip cost, remove the mantle or weakness, or you can lower both her buffs. In pvp, it is annoying when you have to face a person who literally lore master and mana burns you consistently without them doing anything else, it removes the competitiveness of pvp and you either win purely based on luck because balance has no shield for them, or they spam your character to death.

A nerf on guiding light. If they die, then they should remain dead. The only purpose guiding light has is prolonging the game and making it endless. If they managed to die once, why should only one type of person who has the card be allowed to have an advantage over another person? That should not be the case. Everyone should have a fair chance.

Some of us have lives that we want to lives. Adding a tournament style timer to the pvp matches like, an hour limit, or 30 minutes, would be great and it would remove the necessity that is, healing and minion spamming with super high resist.

Increasing everyone's health, I don't know about you, but I see a major issue in the max level pvp section, who wants to get one shotted by a first person shadow pip and insta casts a shadow spell and kills or basically does too much? Not I. PVP should be about skill, not luck. And right now, pvp is about luck and it is no fun. Unless you are using these tricks of spamming shields and wasting a persons time. You are barely winning. Sure you can find someone who fights normally and fairly, but mainly, you will find those individuals who think it is fun to spam and make a match last hours until the opponent flees.

In the end, this is a game, and it should feel like such. Right now, the pvp system feels like a choir. The only reason you would even bother with it, is to either rage or because you want to use one of those spells listed above.

(Revamp pet derby [GO FIRE!])

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
garcia96421 on Jul 14, 2019 wrote:
Nerf lore master, make her either have lower damage, add a pip cost, remove the mantle or weakness, or you can lower both her buffs. In pvp, it is annoying when you have to face a person who literally lore master and mana burns you consistently without them doing anything else, it removes the competitiveness of pvp and you either win purely based on luck because balance has no shield for them, or they spam your character to death.

A nerf on guiding light. If they die, then they should remain dead. The only purpose guiding light has is prolonging the game and making it endless. If they managed to die once, why should only one type of person who has the card be allowed to have an advantage over another person? That should not be the case. Everyone should have a fair chance.

Some of us have lives that we want to lives. Adding a tournament style timer to the pvp matches like, an hour limit, or 30 minutes, would be great and it would remove the necessity that is, healing and minion spamming with super high resist.

Increasing everyone's health, I don't know about you, but I see a major issue in the max level pvp section, who wants to get one shotted by a first person shadow pip and insta casts a shadow spell and kills or basically does too much? Not I. PVP should be about skill, not luck. And right now, pvp is about luck and it is no fun. Unless you are using these tricks of spamming shields and wasting a persons time. You are barely winning. Sure you can find someone who fights normally and fairly, but mainly, you will find those individuals who think it is fun to spam and make a match last hours until the opponent flees.

In the end, this is a game, and it should feel like such. Right now, the pvp system feels like a choir. The only reason you would even bother with it, is to either rage or because you want to use one of those spells listed above.

(Revamp pet derby [GO FIRE!])
Am fine with any nerf towards lore master as long as efreet and burning rampage also recieve nerfs. Also u stated why should any school have a revive spell yah? then let me ask u, why should any school be able to use up 4 pips for a heal? why should any school be able to one shot anyone? why should anyone be allowed to jade in pvp? why is efreet able to do so much damage and leave a juju on anyone? Why should burning rampage give a free win for fire going first? Thats purely the reason pvp is unbalanced right now lol.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2015
angellifeheart on Jul 16, 2019 wrote:
Am fine with any nerf towards lore master as long as efreet and burning rampage also recieve nerfs. Also u stated why should any school have a revive spell yah? then let me ask u, why should any school be able to use up 4 pips for a heal? why should any school be able to one shot anyone? why should anyone be allowed to jade in pvp? why is efreet able to do so much damage and leave a juju on anyone? Why should burning rampage give a free win for fire going first? Thats purely the reason pvp is unbalanced right now lol.
i say this as mainly a max storm lore and jade gear are totally not the issue and efreet you can counter easy by guessing its coming and wanding out of it

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Wand it off you say? so tell me how do u survive a set up into a fire elf for a wide open efreet for lets say 3.5k+ of ur hp playing as storm? or death? or myth?Yes like every other advice that leads to questionable decisions. The same goes for abominable weaver where ice are able to use ice bird tc or pets to simply take of shield and gaining a blade while your out their playing the guessing game. There many spells that aren't adjusted to the damage these new gears present, which may sometimes double or triple the original amount . Until that in itself is adjusted am not sure pvp would present it self like back in the old days where u had to rely on less rng and more strategy.