Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glorious Morn Crown event

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
Anyone know how much crowns exactly do I need to spend to get everything from the event?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
This event has to be a joke right? 225k crowns for a scooter and terrible gear... This has to be something that could be cause for a lawsuit! you can buy the entire game with crowns and still not reach the requirement for the event!!

The night night event or whatever was even worse with around 550k needed for the highest tier of reward which means kingsisle wanted $600 for a lame reward, and now they want $300 for a lame reward!! Thanks for sparing us the trouble kingsisle!

Recommendation: Never do this again, or reduce the top tier to be equal to the maximum amount of crowns you can buy with a single purchase which is 60-80 dollars for 60k crowns. Though this won't make the overall issue better at the very least it makes the price a logical endpoint!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
flam3o on May 23, 2019 wrote:
This event has to be a joke right? 225k crowns for a scooter and terrible gear... This has to be something that could be cause for a lawsuit! you can buy the entire game with crowns and still not reach the requirement for the event!!

The night night event or whatever was even worse with around 550k needed for the highest tier of reward which means kingsisle wanted $600 for a lame reward, and now they want $300 for a lame reward!! Thanks for sparing us the trouble kingsisle!

Recommendation: Never do this again, or reduce the top tier to be equal to the maximum amount of crowns you can buy with a single purchase which is 60-80 dollars for 60k crowns. Though this won't make the overall issue better at the very least it makes the price a logical endpoint!
I agree that it's ridiculous. I would like to hear it from the horse's mouth about why that deemed that even remotely appropriate for a child's game.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015

Oh no, not this again...

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018

Its not a joke! it's as real as it gets. "If you don't got no money they don't wanna talk". Besides i dont know if you noticed but the rewards tier are free not valued lmao its just how should we say subliminal advertising.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
In the beginning, Wizard101 was not a cash cow, it was a lighthearted, sometimes challenging, always fun, game. That was over 10 years ago, though, and oh how times have changed.

On an up note, I just saved some storage space on my desktop by uninstalling Wizard101. It's been a swell 10 years, KI, but it's pretty clear you're not interested in being the same old Wiz anymore. Good luck, and hopefully you realize this marketing strategy isn't the best.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
This sort of event is done on mobile (smart phone) games all the time. The amount of real money you have to spend to get the spending bonus "gifts" in those games is just as much as KI wants here. Children play mobile games all the time. Further; people actually spend that kind of money in mobile games, I have seen it, why not let such wealthy folk spend that money here instead?

Administrator
As we try to describe, the mount doesn't cost you anything, it's a giveaway gift based on how much you have already spent on other items. If you ONLY want the mount, then yes you'd have to spend that much on other items to get it, but that's your decision to prioritize it that way. We are only focusing this event on giveaway items based on what you already purchase, as a reward for doing so.

An example, KI Lives are about interacting with you and having fun around the game with the giveaways as a bonus for doing so. You don't attend our KI Lives JUST for those rewards and then question why KI Lives exist when you don't get the rewards, right? I assume you attend because I would like to think Leah and myself are fun enough to encourage general viewership :).

Would it help if we offered these rewards in some other way as well?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Sparck on May 27, 2019 wrote:
As we try to describe, the mount doesn't cost you anything, it's a giveaway gift based on how much you have already spent on other items. If you ONLY want the mount, then yes you'd have to spend that much on other items to get it, but that's your decision to prioritize it that way. We are only focusing this event on giveaway items based on what you already purchase, as a reward for doing so.

An example, KI Lives are about interacting with you and having fun around the game with the giveaways as a bonus for doing so. You don't attend our KI Lives JUST for those rewards and then question why KI Lives exist when you don't get the rewards, right? I assume you attend because I would like to think Leah and myself are fun enough to encourage general viewership :).

As far as I can tell there are not 225k crowns worth of stuff anyone would need/want to buy in one weekend. Having said that, it would be nice if you could reset your tiers,

I am sure people would love to get multiple of the gardening elixir, speaking of which, no one is going to take more than 1 hour to harvest plants, so unless you can stop the timer on this potion, the 5 hour and 1 hour one are exactly the same.

Giving away things you can easily buy with gold seems pretty useless, like the gnome, rake, etc.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010

I think it would be wise to at least TRY to incorporate these items in another way, especially since they are so exclusive and EXPENSIVE!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

Sparck,

Yes, please offer these stitching rewards in other ways, as well.

Assuming a player even has 300 dollars saved up to spend over a single weekend, there simply isn't enough items in the Crowns Shop to even provide an incentive for long time players. Us long time players may want these stitchable items too, but spending 300 dollars on Crown shop items we likely already have is a problem.

Additionally, and more importantly, please....please, tell the person who decides what to "reward" the players with to pick better items. A wooden rake at 125,000 crowns spent is NOT a reward, it's a joke (as evidence by all the Youtube videos made on this Morn Crowns Reward event).

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Yes it would be great if these rewards were also elsewhere. I am sure the community loves seeing Leah and you spark. You too have such a charismatic energy about you.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010

I suggest two ways to coin such an event.

Either:

Increase the Crowns Benefit to about a week or two instead of a couple days.

Allow crowns spent on previous benefits to possibly migrate and count to future benefits; especially ones concerning or dealing with high cost rewards such as the mount currently offered in this benefit.

Defender
May 30, 2010

Why not make these events lifetime and just continuing adding new rewards? This would be better for everyone if it was lifetime. If you actually look at twitter, people spend $300 (The amount the scooter costed) on real life things. In fact, a real life scooter cost $300.

For the last tier, I would put news items that people cannot get anywhere else. For people who do not know, you can get the pet for $39 from a bundle or cheaper if you have a friend who has it. Some stuff you can get with gold for a lot cheaper

So for the love of all wizards, please , please make this a lifetime event and make actual good tier.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014

I'm still working out what I think and feel about these higher value events in relation to crowns spent, so please understand I am still working out my thoughts

1. As the gear and mount can not be obtained through other means, the community does see the cost (and perceived value attributed by KI) as being 225,000c for the Glorious Morn and 550,000c for the Night-Knight gear and mount.

2. As such, my instinct on making the two that have been obtained through these events available more easily or at a much reduced price would potentially be harmful to those who have bought it. I respect the items have no stats, which is why I suspect those who bought them likely did it for exclusivity.

I have mixed feelings though because when I buy a mount for 15,000c or as part of a bundle then it becomes a drop, I don't resent it at all. I feel happy the mount is available to more people and that I can also obtain more the same if I want to put in the effort. I also don't resent it if that mount comes on sale either.

How would someone feel if they had bought their way through the tiers of these events to have an exclusive mount if the mount then became more readily available? Would they still be happy to do it again? I really don't know the answer to that. People have such widely different disposible income perhaps they would feel the same as I do about a much less expensive purchase...assuming they had their exclusivity for a reasonably long period of time. I think the only way to really know would be to hear from those who actually bought their way through the tiers to obtain it. Without their input I lean towards protecting the exclusivity they may have been paying for and keeping the gear and 2 mounts already used in these events as unobtainable elsewhere.

3. W101 is a global product and as such we have a wide range of players with variable resources available to them. We tend to automatically assume our resources are about average...maybe a little less, maybe a little more, but pretty much the same as it would be for most players. It is easy to feel like something that is beyond our means should not exist, but where does it end? Should KI really only cater for kids using pocket money? We seem to be okay with bundles and some more expensive items that are beyond the means of kids on average pocket money...perhaps because many of us on the forums are not kids? And...have you SEEN the price of kids toys sold daily TO KIDS? I don't see Lego, Disney and Hamleys worrying about pocket money when selling expensive items to kids...if the kids want them and the parents buy them it's all good business.

I'm unsure what I think. I've heard these events described as 'immoral' and 'exploitative'. I'm not sure I can agree with that because it could just as easily be said it would be 'immoral' for a business-for-profit not to utilise the ability to make more money from customers who can afford to spend more, want to spend it and will spend it if they have the opportunity to. That affects the health of the entire game, whether it goes to adding new worlds, developing content that currently exists, paying improved wages to employees, demonstrating good revenues to promote the success of the business and game etc.

While the items involved have no stats I don't have an issue with allowing players of greater means than me to have exclusive aesthetic items...it's no different to me having bundle houses that another player may not be able to afford. We spend on things we want when they are affordable to us.

4. I do think that allowing the tiers to be 'continued/restarted' makes sense too. It allows players of lesser means to still utilise the benefit fully...and gives KI a real insight into the spending and perceived values of the community overall. To use an example from the last event, KI may see a lot of players spending to 9k then stopping and assumed it was the average spend and average 'budget' for the event. If it could have been reset they would have seen some (me included) spend 27-36k after resetting the event several times, then stopping. It could give information in relation to value of rewards, what the community likes/dislikes and how much revenue can be made...it allows us to spend to our means and could be highly profitable.

5. There is another over-lapping issue that has recently come up too, which is the starter bundles. It overlaps because many of the Glorious Morn event rewards were 'zero value items' as they can be purchased for gold or obtained as common drops. The starter bundles are a really great idea and pave the way for intermediate and expert bundles too. However, the value of the items within them are imbalanced and most non-starter wizards recognise they are not good value for the crown price tag. I am particularly keen for these to be reworked with the assistance of the community if necessary because as soon as they have the word 'starter' in the title they are appealing to new or inexperienced wizards who are still learning the game and value of things as a wizard/player.

The issue is that the value is not in alignment with the crown cost and we could easily work together to make really great bundles at the same price that would be helpful to a newer wizard and when they look back on the purchase they'll be glad they got it. Buyers remorse is bad for business and can make even affluent customers tighten the purse strings. More experienced players will purchase 'starter' bundles for their newer wizards or new account if they are of value and they'll freely promote them and encourage other players to buy them too.

I hope that even though this has a mix of thoughts it is helpful and at very least food for thought

Squire
Apr 18, 2013

" the mount doesn't cost you anything, it's a giveaway gift based on how much you have already spent on other items."
That's not an accurate assessment. It's not based on how much we've already spent. But it should be
Accumulative throughout one's entire time spent on this game.
As the poster before me said, extending these Events is a wise decision, but it should be accumulative so that every Crown ever spent, from 2009 until now, counts.
This is the only way Sparck, that your first sentence becomes accurate.
Also, lower the prices! Allow scrolling over the item to show a description. Lower the prices!
Make all the items from previous events available. Lower the prices! Remove junk items. Lower the prices!
The way it is designed now, it forces us to spend crowns now or miss out. We have no way of knowing if these new items will ever be offered again. It's a real bad example for the children this game is aimed at. You also need to fix the clicking to see the event.
Btw, lowering the prices does not mean start outrageously high so you can claim 225,000 is appropriate. We can't even buy that much stuff.
Also, if one spends for the Event now, why would one want to do that, not knowing what the next Event might bring, seeing as these are 1-time deals. Better communication of KI's intentions is needed.

As for KI Lives, those giveaways are not a bonus for watching them. If that was true then there would not be any limitations to redeem the codes.

And in all honesty, many watching just want the code. Perhaps we consider our lovable hosts as our bonus for doing so.
Think of it this way, would you go to a birthday party empty handed? Or do you tell the birthday person that you are the gift? KI Live is a celebration of us, the players (or so I would imagine). So those watching expect to get something out of it. That could be the entertainment you guys provide, but just ask yourselves, who is the show for? You or us?

This reminds me, KI used to give every player a special birthday present annually, but hasn't in years. Maybe bringing that back can boost morale.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on May 29, 2019 wrote:
I'm still working out what I think and feel about these higher value events in relation to crowns spent, so please understand I am still working out my thoughts

1. As the gear and mount can not be obtained through other means, the community does see the cost (and perceived value attributed by KI) as being 225,000c for the Glorious Morn and 550,000c for the Night-Knight gear and mount.

2. As such, my instinct on making the two that have been obtained through these events available more easily or at a much reduced price would potentially be harmful to those who have bought it. I respect the items have no stats, which is why I suspect those who bought them likely did it for exclusivity.

I have mixed feelings though because when I buy a mount for 15,000c or as part of a bundle then it becomes a drop, I don't resent it at all. I feel happy the mount is available to more people and that I can also obtain more the same if I want to put in the effort. I also don't resent it if that mount comes on sale either.

How would someone feel if they had bought their way through the tiers of these events to have an exclusive mount if the mount then became more readily available? Would they still be happy to do it again? I really don't know the answer to that. People have such widely different disposible income perhaps they would feel the same as I do about a much less expensive purchase...assuming they had their exclusivity for a reasonably long period of time. I think the only way to really know would be to hear from those who actually bought their way through the tiers to obtain it. Without their input I lean towards protecting the exclusivity they may have been paying for and keeping the gear and 2 mounts already used in these events as unobtainable elsewhere.

3. W101 is a global product and as such we have a wide range of players with variable resources available to them. We tend to automatically assume our resources are about average...maybe a little less, maybe a little more, but pretty much the same as it would be for most players. It is easy to feel like something that is beyond our means should not exist, but where does it end? Should KI really only cater for kids using pocket money? We seem to be okay with bundles and some more expensive items that are beyond the means of kids on average pocket money...perhaps because many of us on the forums are not kids? And...have you SEEN the price of kids toys sold daily TO KIDS? I don't see Lego, Disney and Hamleys worrying about pocket money when selling expensive items to kids...if the kids want them and the parents buy them it's all good business.

I'm unsure what I think. I've heard these events described as 'immoral' and 'exploitative'. I'm not sure I can agree with that because it could just as easily be said it would be 'immoral' for a business-for-profit not to utilise the ability to make more money from customers who can afford to spend more, want to spend it and will spend it if they have the opportunity to. That affects the health of the entire game, whether it goes to adding new worlds, developing content that currently exists, paying improved wages to employees, demonstrating good revenues to promote the success of the business and game etc.

While the items involved have no stats I don't have an issue with allowing players of greater means than me to have exclusive aesthetic items...it's no different to me having bundle houses that another player may not be able to afford. We spend on things we want when they are affordable to us.

4. I do think that allowing the tiers to be 'continued/restarted' makes sense too. It allows players of lesser means to still utilise the benefit fully...and gives KI a real insight into the spending and perceived values of the community overall. To use an example from the last event, KI may see a lot of players spending to 9k then stopping and assumed it was the average spend and average 'budget' for the event. If it could have been reset they would have seen some (me included) spend 27-36k after resetting the event several times, then stopping. It could give information in relation to value of rewards, what the community likes/dislikes and how much revenue can be made...it allows us to spend to our means and could be highly profitable.

5. There is another over-lapping issue that has recently come up too, which is the starter bundles. It overlaps because many of the Glorious Morn event rewards were 'zero value items' as they can be purchased for gold or obtained as common drops. The starter bundles are a really great idea and pave the way for intermediate and expert bundles too. However, the value of the items within them are imbalanced and most non-starter wizards recognise they are not good value for the crown price tag. I am particularly keen for these to be reworked with the assistance of the community if necessary because as soon as they have the word 'starter' in the title they are appealing to new or inexperienced wizards who are still learning the game and value of things as a wizard/player.

The issue is that the value is not in alignment with the crown cost and we could easily work together to make really great bundles at the same price that would be helpful to a newer wizard and when they look back on the purchase they'll be glad they got it. Buyers remorse is bad for business and can make even affluent customers tighten the purse strings. More experienced players will purchase 'starter' bundles for their newer wizards or new account if they are of value and they'll freely promote them and encourage other players to buy them too.

I hope that even though this has a mix of thoughts it is helpful and at very least food for thought
I think some of the root issues is not whether those with better means shouldn't spend that amount in game, but rather:

1. Should a virtual cosmetic item even be valued at 300 or 700 dollars in the first place? Why is KI making these items exclusive based on money and not merit? MMOs are designed to be played....not just drop money in like a slot machine. Like others have stated, dropping that much money on the game is not the biggest issue of the complaints, but rather dropping that much money in a relatively short time and not over the "life" of the player's experience in the game (i.e. like how other games incorporate a VIP system).

2. According to the Dev Diary video, these tier prices were established as the average that players spent over a weekend (between least and most). I don't think anyone really knows why someone would spend 700 in one weekend prior to the rewards event. Was a wealthy brand new player simply buying all zones, all gear, mega snacks, etc during just one weekend to get a huge advantage starting out? Or are there players consistently spending 700 dollars every weekend (or at least more than one weekend)?

3. For long time players that have already spent a considerable amount of Crowns on the game over the last several years.....are there any remaining items that add up to 300 or 700 dollars to actually reward you with on your purchasing plan/wish list? Or are these events simply marketed to new players only who don't have any of these items? This is my main gripe. There isn't 300 dollars worth of stuff I don't already have to compel me to be "rewarded" with these additional items. The tiered items, besides the cosmetic items, don't compel me either (like the gnome and rake which is especially bad).

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on May 29, 2019 wrote:

Girl, I'm rich irl"(millionare)x???" and still think the crown reward event is a joke lol I know i can get careless sometimes, and blow 120k crowns on pack trying to get a spell of that sort in just 10 minutes but when your looking at it from a more common sense point of view, well lets just say my dimez be tripping.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Oran of Urz on May 30, 2019 wrote:
I think some of the root issues is not whether those with better means shouldn't spend that amount in game, but rather:

1. Should a virtual cosmetic item even be valued at 300 or 700 dollars in the first place? Why is KI making these items exclusive based on money and not merit? MMOs are designed to be played....not just drop money in like a slot machine. Like others have stated, dropping that much money on the game is not the biggest issue of the complaints, but rather dropping that much money in a relatively short time and not over the "life" of the player's experience in the game (i.e. like how other games incorporate a VIP system).

2. According to the Dev Diary video, these tier prices were established as the average that players spent over a weekend (between least and most). I don't think anyone really knows why someone would spend 700 in one weekend prior to the rewards event. Was a wealthy brand new player simply buying all zones, all gear, mega snacks, etc during just one weekend to get a huge advantage starting out? Or are there players consistently spending 700 dollars every weekend (or at least more than one weekend)?

3. For long time players that have already spent a considerable amount of Crowns on the game over the last several years.....are there any remaining items that add up to 300 or 700 dollars to actually reward you with on your purchasing plan/wish list? Or are these events simply marketed to new players only who don't have any of these items? This is my main gripe. There isn't 300 dollars worth of stuff I don't already have to compel me to be "rewarded" with these additional items. The tiered items, besides the cosmetic items, don't compel me either (like the gnome and rake which is especially bad).
Thanks for your reply

1. I get your point and previously I would have agreed with it, but once I thought more I realised I was being biased instead of objective. I based my opinions on my own personal income, what I could afford, and what I personally deem 'too much' for cosmetic items, instead of looking at the wider audience and at KI as a business providing for ALL of us.

The fact they are cosmetic is the pivotal point in my change of perspective. These items are not of value in game-play, do not cause imbalance between the 'haves and have-nots', do not promote pay-to-win, does not negatively affect anyone who cannot afford to buy them. There is zero pressure to own these items. They're cosmetic and can be seen as vanity purchases for exclusivity. Why shouldn't they be available to the few who can afford them? Increased revenue is good for the game.

If it is too expensive or too much expense in a short space of time, we are not the target market. We show we don't want or can't afford the items by not buying them...but some people are buying them. Why shouldn't they have their exclusive mount if they're willing and able to spend on it? Should we also scrap bundles because there are a high number of players who can't afford them?

We have to remember that the customer-base is wide and diverse. $225 is much less to someone earning $1m a year to someone earning $100k a year. To some players this is totally affordable, even in a short space of time.

2. Yes I remember that and almost choked on my drink lol. To me and literally everyone I know that sounds like a massive error! Did they forget to convert crowns to dollars or something? 700 crowns average sounds much more plausible than $700...I can't get my head around what figures they havethat show $700 as an average weekend spend!

3. I don't think it makes sense to include previous spending because no event or reward ever backdates things..not just ingame, but anywhere. These events are not intended as a reward for longterm spending over the lifetime of the account, they are clearly limited time.

I agree there is a lack of items to purchase to that amount of crowns - which is why, contrary to what KI have said about it being a reward for spending, I think people who participate in this are spending for the reward and consider what they buy to be their bonus for getting the gear/mount. I don't think it matters which way around it is.

So, I need to ask you directly about your 'main gripe' being 'there isn't 300 dollars worth of stuff I don't already have'. If there was $300 worth of new, desirable crown items added every time they had these events would you be willing and able to purchase them each time? I'm asking because I couldn't afford to add an extra $2100 to my annual wizard spend to participate in 7 events (one for each school), costing $300 each. The target market canafford it.

If you would spend that extra $2100 then fair enough, the point about a lack of crown items may hold some weight. But, if you wouldn't or couldn't even if that were 'solved' it's a moot point because we're not the target market and blaming lack of items is an excuse to alter the event not a reason to.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
angellifeheart on May 30, 2019 wrote:
Girl, I'm rich irl"(millionare)x???" and still think the crown reward event is a joke lol I know i can get careless sometimes, and blow 120k crowns on pack trying to get a spell of that sort in just 10 minutes but when your looking at it from a more common sense point of view, well lets just say my dimez be tripping.
As a player I love it that my wizards feel rich, that I have earned and put enough into the game that I can be generous with help, gold and even sometimes crown items. The excitement and appreciation a kid expresses from being given a 25cent energy elixir is seriously cute lol. Is part of the 'problem' because people who feel 'rich' as wizards are now faced with potentially being unable to buy something?

The simple facts are that some people are participating in these events to reach the top tiers. If we cannot afford to or if we feel it has no value doesn't change that some people feel it is worth it, so why shouldn't KI offer it? There are no stats or advantages involved. It has no effect on anyone choosing not to participate, but trying to block it or stop it from existing does take revenue out of KI's pocket and exclusive aesthetic items from those who would otherwise have them. How does this help anyone or the game?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on May 31, 2019 wrote:
Thanks for your reply

1. I get your point and previously I would have agreed with it, but once I thought more I realised I was being biased instead of objective. I based my opinions on my own personal income, what I could afford, and what I personally deem 'too much' for cosmetic items, instead of looking at the wider audience and at KI as a business providing for ALL of us.

The fact they are cosmetic is the pivotal point in my change of perspective. These items are not of value in game-play, do not cause imbalance between the 'haves and have-nots', do not promote pay-to-win, does not negatively affect anyone who cannot afford to buy them. There is zero pressure to own these items. They're cosmetic and can be seen as vanity purchases for exclusivity. Why shouldn't they be available to the few who can afford them? Increased revenue is good for the game.

If it is too expensive or too much expense in a short space of time, we are not the target market. We show we don't want or can't afford the items by not buying them...but some people are buying them. Why shouldn't they have their exclusive mount if they're willing and able to spend on it? Should we also scrap bundles because there are a high number of players who can't afford them?

We have to remember that the customer-base is wide and diverse. $225 is much less to someone earning $1m a year to someone earning $100k a year. To some players this is totally affordable, even in a short space of time.

2. Yes I remember that and almost choked on my drink lol. To me and literally everyone I know that sounds like a massive error! Did they forget to convert crowns to dollars or something? 700 crowns average sounds much more plausible than $700...I can't get my head around what figures they havethat show $700 as an average weekend spend!

3. I don't think it makes sense to include previous spending because no event or reward ever backdates things..not just ingame, but anywhere. These events are not intended as a reward for longterm spending over the lifetime of the account, they are clearly limited time.

I agree there is a lack of items to purchase to that amount of crowns - which is why, contrary to what KI have said about it being a reward for spending, I think people who participate in this are spending for the reward and consider what they buy to be their bonus for getting the gear/mount. I don't think it matters which way around it is.

So, I need to ask you directly about your 'main gripe' being 'there isn't 300 dollars worth of stuff I don't already have'. If there was $300 worth of new, desirable crown items added every time they had these events would you be willing and able to purchase them each time? I'm asking because I couldn't afford to add an extra $2100 to my annual wizard spend to participate in 7 events (one for each school), costing $300 each. The target market canafford it.

If you would spend that extra $2100 then fair enough, the point about a lack of crown items may hold some weight. But, if you wouldn't or couldn't even if that were 'solved' it's a moot point because we're not the target market and blaming lack of items is an excuse to alter the event not a reason to.
Yes, I would....but in the format that I mentioned before. I would certainly spend 300 dollars on this game, but I personally believe it is not a "reward" if I have to spend that much in one weekend. It feels too much like an actual 300 dollar purchase (like buying an Xbox or PS4) instead of rewarding me for purchases I am already making. I've been playing since 2009, so I clearly have spent more than 300 dollars in that time frame (and I'm not asking for backdating). I am asking to get rid of the spend x in x amount of time. I just want them to give freebies from simply spending Crowns cumulatively.

There is currently no desire for me to spend 300 dollars in one weekend (since I already have several items). Under this current reward format, for me to get these cosmetic items, I would need to save my Crowns until there was actually 300 dollars worth of new items in the shop (and likely missing numerous sale events) in order to compel me to spend that much in a short amount of time.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Sparck,

I also want to caution the increased usage of these "crowns benefits" as the tiers seem to only get higher and higher requiring players to spend more and more crowns.

Yes, this is always optional but you and KI rather may want to be careful about the image this might paint for the company.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Oran of Urz on May 31, 2019 wrote:
Yes, I would....but in the format that I mentioned before. I would certainly spend 300 dollars on this game, but I personally believe it is not a "reward" if I have to spend that much in one weekend. It feels too much like an actual 300 dollar purchase (like buying an Xbox or PS4) instead of rewarding me for purchases I am already making. I've been playing since 2009, so I clearly have spent more than 300 dollars in that time frame (and I'm not asking for backdating). I am asking to get rid of the spend x in x amount of time. I just want them to give freebies from simply spending Crowns cumulatively.

There is currently no desire for me to spend 300 dollars in one weekend (since I already have several items). Under this current reward format, for me to get these cosmetic items, I would need to save my Crowns until there was actually 300 dollars worth of new items in the shop (and likely missing numerous sale events) in order to compel me to spend that much in a short amount of time.
I hear what you're saying and if it's not acceptable for us to be spending it all at once doesn't it just mean we are not the target market?

Changing the format to cumulative rewards reduces the exclusivity of each set and the full set of 7 schools, which in the current format could be released one every couple of months for a year with a total revenue of $2100 for 'this year's rarest items'.

I understand your position on it, but also know that if there are customers happy to spend that kind of money on exclusive items any other company identifying that market would accommodate it.

People spend hundreds of dollars on one item of baby clothing the kid will grow out of in 3 months! People spend this without thinking about it costing as much as an Xbox or PS4 because they already have an Xbox and a PS4 and all the other things we could compare it to...if they thought of something desirable at that price that they didn't have, they'd get it as well. W101 appeals to kids and families of all classes and all backgrounds.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on May 31, 2019 wrote:
As a player I love it that my wizards feel rich, that I have earned and put enough into the game that I can be generous with help, gold and even sometimes crown items. The excitement and appreciation a kid expresses from being given a 25cent energy elixir is seriously cute lol. Is part of the 'problem' because people who feel 'rich' as wizards are now faced with potentially being unable to buy something?

The simple facts are that some people are participating in these events to reach the top tiers. If we cannot afford to or if we feel it has no value doesn't change that some people feel it is worth it, so why shouldn't KI offer it? There are no stats or advantages involved. It has no effect on anyone choosing not to participate, but trying to block it or stop it from existing does take revenue out of KI's pocket and exclusive aesthetic items from those who would otherwise have them. How does this help anyone or the game?
Eh theirs a diff between reality and feeling i know i can afford it because i tried for the first one yes i admit i was the victim of the night night crown rewards and not only got it for one but 2 wizard accounts which aren't in my disposal due to the self interest of giving them away.( past life drama, people u call friends only around for gifting etc.) i wasnt always wise and carelessly spent. I spent so much that even k i put a block on my account not once or twice but tree times for over spending in just a short period of time. Either way am not here to brag about my riches am just clearly stating although i can afford it i feel empathy towards those who may want to try to earn it etc. And i personaly myself would rather be it rewarding through some hard quest or just best sell it in the crown shop the full set and mount for about 15-25kg? Thats just my opinion shawty no hating.