Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Privates vs Warlords/Commanders

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2019
I was wondering when this will be fixed?

How is a new pvper supposed to start and enjoy the system when they always get paired against a higher ranked Wizard

The button for it doesn't work at all
(Find players in your skill range)

Shouldn't it be private vs private

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
DarkeLighte on May 16, 2019 wrote:

How is a new pvper supposed to start and enjoy the system when they always get paired against a higher ranked Wizard

What makes a new pvper and a warlord different in rank? none why? because both parties need practice before rank. As you practice and take up the same type of game knowledge as anyone else you will understand the only thing that makes a difference is pay to win gears-pets-and first turn advantage.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
DarkeLighte on May 16, 2019 wrote:

In theory yes that's how it should work. If you're a private and have the skill range option on then you should be going against other private and sergeant (the rank above private) ranked players.

Unfortunately the skill range button doesn't really work. It will also try to match you by level for example. If you are a private level 60 and the only other person in the lobby who is level 60 happens to be a warlord it will match you anyway purely because of your matching levels.

It also does matches such as you are a commander and the other person is a private. However you happen to be level 15 and the other person is level 42. But because you have such a high rank compared to the person at level 42 who has literally only ever done 2 matches on their character the game thinks it's a good skill match. Which is entirely not true since with that big of a level gap the private can kill the commander on round 2 with one hit through a shield. (And yes that has happened to me more than once with exactly and one even bigger level gap between me and my opponent)

Thankfully the last letter sent out to the community was that pvp was going to be revamped from the ground up sometime in the near future. Hopefully this means not only major spell and mechanic fixes for when actually in pvp, but also fixes for how the matching system works for people under level 100.