Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KingsIsle Discord Server for Wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
Now for those who are unfamiliar with discord it is a free app used to communicate with fellow gamers easily through voice and text chats. I am not trying to promote this app, but I think it would be awesome if KingsIsle was to create their own discord server like a lot of game developers had already done on discord which normal players can join and chat with one another/help one another. KingsIsle of course can have moderators and staff monitor, ask questions, place easy announcements, and also engage with the community even more with this option. I just think it would be amazing to be able to chat with other players and help them out with an easy system which players can communicate while being monitored at the same time in case people get out of hand on the server.

Just an idea and recommendation. What do you guys think of a Wizard101 Discord server made by KingsIsle? I do not see a community discord server yet to the game, but I think it would benefit both sides very well.

Thanks,

Chris Thundercloud 130

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
Chris Thundercloud on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:
Now for those who are unfamiliar with discord it is a free app used to communicate with fellow gamers easily through voice and text chats. I am not trying to promote this app, but I think it would be awesome if KingsIsle was to create their own discord server like a lot of game developers had already done on discord which normal players can join and chat with one another/help one another. KingsIsle of course can have moderators and staff monitor, ask questions, place easy announcements, and also engage with the community even more with this option. I just think it would be amazing to be able to chat with other players and help them out with an easy system which players can communicate while being monitored at the same time in case people get out of hand on the server.

Just an idea and recommendation. What do you guys think of a Wizard101 Discord server made by KingsIsle? I do not see a community discord server yet to the game, but I think it would benefit both sides very well.

Thanks,

Chris Thundercloud 130
Hi Chris, it's a wonderful idea to have an official Discord server, however at this time Kingsisle can't have a Discord server due to the age restrictions for the game :(.

There is a Discord server out there for Wizard101 that some of the Kingsisle staff are a part of. Take a look at some of the official fan-sites: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/fansites and it could lead you to one

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
Nathan Darkhorn on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:
Hi Chris, it's a wonderful idea to have an official Discord server, however at this time Kingsisle can't have a Discord server due to the age restrictions for the game :(.

There is a Discord server out there for Wizard101 that some of the Kingsisle staff are a part of. Take a look at some of the official fan-sites: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/fansites and it could lead you to one
Now, I know there are age restrictions for the game, but Discord has Roles which can prevent younger players from seeing things older players can just like the text chat system we have in the game currently. Discord allows the creator of the server and people with perms to create channels and text chats that only certain Roles and people can see. This will allow anyone that who is not of age away from the older players so that we don't say bad things around them. I believe it is easy to set-up, being a Discord server owner myself, and KingsIsle would be able to set up a community page for Discord on the website and perhaps have an application system there to where players can sign terms of agreement or something to see the "extra" stuff such as more access to voice channels and NSFW chats.

Discord can be a kid friendly and safe place to be if it is set-up correctly and the staff moderates it very well. Moderators can delete messages, kick people, ban people, mute people, deafen, etc. so that it is safe. I have moderated and created multiple servers so I know this well. Thanks for your concern though! I as well believe people should be protected from others and I think a terms of agreement before using Discord voice chats/certain text chats will solve this. It will be awesome to talk with the staff and other players in-game with Discord! I will certainly be looking forward to it if it ever happens to exist.

Thanks,

Chris Thundercloud 130