Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to make storm better?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 25, 2018
I currently have a fire wizard but wanna do storm, but it makes me mad when it fizzles all the time.how to improve that? any ideas or suggestions would be great...thanks alot

Scarlet FirePants

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
calamity sparklepa... on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
I currently have a fire wizard but wanna do storm, but it makes me mad when it fizzles all the time.how to improve that? any ideas or suggestions would be great...thanks alot

Scarlet FirePants
Get some sniper or accurate treasure cards, also infallible will help!

These can be found in the astral spells section at the bazaar

Accurate gives 15% accuracy boost on one spell
Sniper gives 20% accuracy boost on one spell
Infallible gives 20% accuracy boost for the next 4 rounds

None of them cost any pips. Infallible is something we cast and it makes a bubble around us that gives the accuracy boost (it also gives pierce boost which helps if they shield). Accurate and Sniper are both enchants. We put them into the side deck (where we put the treasure cards) and draw them in battle. They can be selected and then added to a trained spell, changing it to a treasure card with the extra accuracy on them

We can pre-enchant spells too. If we add accuracy on them (from a treasure card) but do not use them they end up in our treasure cards as an already enchanted card! Pretty cool!

As a new wizard if you don't have enough gold you could ask if anyone would mind getting you some...they're not expensive for higher level wizards and can easily be bought from the Archivist (if the bazaar doesn't have any you can ask for a port there to buy them).

If you struggle to get hold of some just give me a shout, I'm happy to buy you a couple of hundred to keep you going until you get better accuracy boosts

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Definitely, the easiest way on improving storm's accuracy at a low levels is by using the treasure cards mentioned above.

All these cards are available at Bazaar.

Also, gear works as well too. Using gear giving/boosting accuracy also helps, although gear boosting accuracy tend to be a bit subpar at lower levels.

At a lesser extent, you can also invest in pets adding to accuracy.

Regardless though,

Note that Storm does improve tremendously in not only accuracy but also it's power. So don't let the constant fizzling hinder you too much; I can assure you that it is only temporary.

Survivor
May 04, 2015
Storm is one of my favorite classes in the game, and I would be glad to help with the greatest weakness.

To be clear, to solve the constant fizzling, it's best to just fight through it, and use the all out damage you get from Strom spells to get your way through early game. Once you get access to critical, it's best to just go all out with damage and crit (critical), as you will be getting accuracy boosts along side with your gear, which make it much easier to get your spells in. Jewels and other increases to accuracy work too if you can find them along the way.

If you want an alternative, you can always go for early sun spell treasure cards, which can provide accuracy boosts, as stated before in some other posts. You can get these early as drops from certain enemies, but you can also buy them from the Bazar, which is much easier than getting them as drops. The best thing to look for is accurate or sniper as these are normally the most cheapest, meaning they have more of them in stock. They are great if you can get them.

I would also like to say, and sorry if I stray a little off topic, is to use your damage to your advantage, as you can get defeated really easily since Storm wizards naturally have less health. Best to focus on that once the accuracy gets on track, and still is a strategy if you can't get access to the accuracy bonuses, like stated above.

Anyways, that is my opinion, sorry if this was a little bit long, but that is all I have to say from a Storm wizard standpoint.