Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I got one-shot by a storm

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
So today in pvp as the title states i got one-shot by a storm vs my life , so here's the scenario of the fight. Round 1 the goes first uses fortify, i cast tower shield. Round 2 storm passes for some reason i cast another tower shield couldn't pull a stun block. Round 3 gets shadow and cast shrike i get no shadow i cast devotion damage aura.
Round 4 uses scion of storm spell on me which critical for the OHKO. Stats wise line one are in the description below.
Vs
141%dmg 105%dmg
48% resist 55% resist
44% pierce 40% pierce
50% crit 33% crit

So am just curious as to why any school most of all storm which honestly i don't mind being pressured, but one shot now? Is this a joke? Have the developers really fallen that low that they can't simply balance pvp? am starting to believe the game is under chimpz development #haters4life

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
angellifeheart on Apr 9, 2019 wrote:
So today in pvp as the title states i got one-shot by a storm vs my life , so here's the scenario of the fight. Round 1 the goes first uses fortify, i cast tower shield. Round 2 storm passes for some reason i cast another tower shield couldn't pull a stun block. Round 3 gets shadow and cast shrike i get no shadow i cast devotion damage aura.
Round 4 uses scion of storm spell on me which critical for the OHKO. Stats wise line one are in the description below.
Vs
141%dmg 105%dmg
48% resist 55% resist
44% pierce 40% pierce
50% crit 33% crit

So am just curious as to why any school most of all storm which honestly i don't mind being pressured, but one shot now? Is this a joke? Have the developers really fallen that low that they can't simply balance pvp? am starting to believe the game is under chimpz development #haters4life
PvP is a bit unbalanced. I'll actually do it when me and my fellow Storms aren't so mismatched against the other schools!

I've made several ideas on how to improve PvP now. I'm sure KI has listened to our pleas. Maybe we just need to wait a little while longer?

I certainly hope so...

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
angellifeheart on Apr 9, 2019 wrote:
Vs
141%dmg 105%dmg
48% resist 55% resist
44% pierce 40% pierce
50% crit 33% crit

This is exactly why I say storm is in no need of a buff. Storm is crazy broken. The stats alone are crazy, 145 damage and 46 pierce with 56 universal resist is not unheard of. #Storm is fine how it is #dont buff storm

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 9, 2019 wrote:
Here is an article to counter Scion of Storm.

https://finalbastion.com/w101-pvp-guides/w101-advanced-pvp-guides/countered-scion-of-storm/
Legit as i said before we are force to play a certain play style as soon as people get more damage etc. you cant have wards for all school on one pet. I don't believe in ward pets at all but neither do i believe in mass resist and mass pierce. Nothing can prevent you from being one shot as long as the game remains unbalanced. If they fix pierce vs resist ratio properly shields can be much useful. There are ton of things in that scenario that could of played out different such as guardian angel or maybe a set shield. There is not a total complaint behind it as storm did needed a buff prior to this spell am just stating my jealousy of every school having some kind of a decent 11 pip spell and life didnt xd. Either way do you know of the strat storm is using now with catch of the day xd into scion op.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 9, 2019 wrote:
Here is an article to counter Scion of Storm.

https://finalbastion.com/w101-pvp-guides/w101-advanced-pvp-guides/countered-scion-of-storm/
Oh btw i know about the elemental blade counter, but have you also heard of 2 pip enfeeble? lol and for scion of storm you basically need 6 power pip which honestly isn't hard to stack while keeping brace up. With that being said we gotta remember when going first your at an advantage over any school. That's why wards etc are being implemented for second positioning but still is not the real answer to it. Am not hating on storm but i still believe the requirement for scion of storm spell is a bit too much on the lazy side. Unlike myth balance fire even ice or death have little room for easy access to x2 damage.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
Weaknesses work well against schools with high pierce as you cannot pierce a weakness I would suggest training weakness or getting some treasure card weaknesses.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
epicnoodles432 on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:
Weaknesses work well against schools with high pierce as you cannot pierce a weakness I would suggest training weakness or getting some treasure card weaknesses.
You mean the one that tends to fizzle for 90% accuracy!? um no thank you that spell had me killed in so many matches even the mantle has become useless for me especial when 7/10 times my opponent powers through with way less accuracy than me. Balanced

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
epicnoodles432 on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:
First of all weakness has nothing to do with pierce. Secondly most schools that have high pierce are also heavy hitters and have damage bubble control such as fire ice and storm. A storm with 150% damage would not suffer as much as a life with only 105% damage.