Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Never Seen/Knew this

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I was questing in Celestia on my storm wizard. I came to a boss, and decided to solo it since I'm pretty okay with soloing considering it's pretty difficult on storm wizards. So I got in the battle set up to hit, and hit with tempest with a blade and about 10 pips. Killed the minion. However, on the same turn the boss used rebirth. Since her was second it was after I hit and the minion was dead.

First of all, I've never seen rebirth in Celestia. But you never know, so it was fair enough to me.

What wasn't so fair is that when this boss used rebirth, the minion came back. From the dead. After I killed it. With life armor too and full health since the boss had critical on it as well.

I fled out of frustration, because I basically made no progress at all. I guess it's fair enough since our wizards do it, but I've just never seen that before and was mega confused.

Is this a bug? Or have I just never seen it before?

See you in the spiral!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Apr 5, 2019 wrote:
I was questing in Celestia on my storm wizard. I came to a boss, and decided to solo it since I'm pretty okay with soloing considering it's pretty difficult on storm wizards. So I got in the battle set up to hit, and hit with tempest with a blade and about 10 pips. Killed the minion. However, on the same turn the boss used rebirth. Since her was second it was after I hit and the minion was dead.

First of all, I've never seen rebirth in Celestia. But you never know, so it was fair enough to me.

What wasn't so fair is that when this boss used rebirth, the minion came back. From the dead. After I killed it. With life armor too and full health since the boss had critical on it as well.

I fled out of frustration, because I basically made no progress at all. I guess it's fair enough since our wizards do it, but I've just never seen that before and was mega confused.

Is this a bug? Or have I just never seen it before?

See you in the spiral!
I know it's not the same thing but I can still feel the horror I had inside the first time I saw an enemy heal!

IDK what level I was, I know I was really low level, but oh my goodness I was like nooooooooooo! Oh no, they can heal!

It's not very common for their heals to bring back a defeated enemy, but it does happen and there are a few cheaters that use this nifty trick to bring back their team. I can understand both the surprise and frustration...it happens sometimes though.

Can you remember which boss it was? Do you need a hand defeating him? I'm happy to chum you with a life wizard to heal you and throw on feints and blades

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I'm long past Celestia now (I'm quite the speedy quester, I'm in Stone Town for ZF already), but thanks for offering your help! I knew enemies were able to heal but I just didn't know they could bring defeated enemies back.

I also remember my first time seeing an enemy heal, and it horrified little fire Alexis it was around level 30 on my first playthrough.

The boss was Tangleroot in The Floating Land though if you're curious. He's a life boss, so it made more since for rebirth than a fire boss or something. Rebirth seemed extreme since I had only just hit that same turn. He had the predict... maybe he's psychic

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
Enemies bringing back their defeated allies can happen when it is your turn at the beginning of the round as they have already chosen their card, much like when it is their turn at the beginning of a round and you select healing for your friend but their turn kills them first and your healing is about to be thrown out, it would revive them instead of the intended extra healing.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Some of the hardest battles out there are when minions can respawn (come back), or new ones appear later in the battle.

My first reaction seeing that was "oh, come ON!" Lol

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You'll see this quite often by mobs representing schools that can heal.

Life Bosses/Mobs tend to use Guardian Light, Regenerate and Rebirth.
Never seen them cast Satyr though.

Balance Bosses/Mobs will alternate between Helping and Available Hands.

And yes, once a healing spell is cast during the turn the mob is defeated, it will be restored and brought back to life,

As highlighted earlier, there are a few bosses that use techniques like these to cheat.

Also, life and balance mobs/bosses tend to only heal when their health is getting a little low.