Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 30, 2014
Best gear for levels 100-129 fire wizards?
I have the Rattlebones robe (which I got last night) but don't kmow what else. I have the Alpha and Omega ring and the Felled Titan Blade. The rest I still have firestarter (hat & shoes) but I'm going into darkmoor for that

Any reply appreciated.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Feb 26, 2019 wrote:
Best gear for levels 100-129 fire wizards?
I have the Rattlebones robe (which I got last night) but don't kmow what else. I have the Alpha and Omega ring and the Felled Titan Blade. The rest I still have firestarter (hat & shoes) but I'm going into darkmoor for that

Any reply appreciated.
Once you hit level one hundred it's a matter of play style preference really on what gear you want. Boots are probably the most interchangeable piece of gear any school of wiz has right now depending on whether your focusing on your crit or your damage stat or finding a good balance in the middle of the 2.

I'd suggest getting your darkmoor boots and keeping them until you hit level 125 then switch over to cabalist or if you have what's needed to craft them, the crafted boots for the first part of empyrea. There are some pack boots that at level 110-120 are better than darkmoor, but for just questing through the worlds to end game it's not worth spending the money to get them. If you want to focus on critical though there are level 110 boots that drop from rat at the end of polaris that you can use instead. (I've forgotten the name of them since I never used them, but they should be easy to find on google)

Hats are much the same. Most people at level 100 like the krokopatra hat that drops from the exalted dungeon from the crown shop over malistaire, but again for just questing it's not necessary. If you prefer critical then the cabalist hood at level 125 or maybe one of the pack hats if you want to spend the money.

For robes what you've got is really the best until you hit level 130 in my opinion.( I never liked any of my other options until I hit 130 so there might be more out there but I believe that robe gives optimal stats until level 130)

Ring wise Signet of the fire king dropped from aphrodite the gold key boss in the third part of darkmoor is the best ring for total damage and is also available as soon as you unlock the third part of darkmoor so you will be able to get it sooner than my second suggestion if you can find people to do the boss with you and the patience to farm it. The second choice is the crit based ring Mithrayas blazing loop which is dropped by a gold key boss called mimic in Mirage. Alpha and omega will technically work as well but it's not as good as either of those two or even the ring morganthe drops. What ring you choose again really depends on your play style.

Athames are also based on play style. The athame morganthe drops or edge of the raging daystar dropped by yevgeny in the third of darkmoor are the most popular choices for fire wizards even after reaching level 130. However the athame you've got the felled titan also works just fine for questing.

Wands again depend on whether you want crit, damage, or an even mix. Personally I like to get an even mix if I can which means I end up picking my wands from packs. However there are also excellent crafted wands once you hit level 125 and if you don't want to spend money on packs I would stick with the darkmoor wand then craft as soon as possible for the better wands at level 125. ( If you choose to do pack wands I suggest using wizardwiki to check out certain packs for their stats first. terror's hoard, immortals lore, and road warriors all have decent wands and the new nimabri pack as well. Again really depends on your play style which one you would prefer.)

Any deck is pretty much fine as long as it gives a triangle socket. The best deck will technically be the level 110 deck dropped by omen which gives the highest amount of crit you can have on a deck for fire until level 130. But Rat also drops a deck with a triangle socket and for questing that also works and might be easier to get since it won't cost you the gold key it will take to do Omen the gold key boss in Polaris.

Lastly we get to amulets. Morganthe's fire amulet gives crit and block along with an extra 2 fireblades for your deck. Personally I still find this to be the best amulet in the game for fire pve. But there are 2 that drop in darkmoor that will also work, the top tier talisman of the daystar and the lower tier brimstone torc of darkmoor. Amulet of divine influence is also good but have fun ever getting that as it's the rarest drop in the whole game.

And to wrap up my extremely long answer I'll just add a side note about having a good pet. By no means do you need a perfect one but getting a pet with a couple of damage or crit talents depending on your playstyle will be really beneficial for boosting your stats. Especially if you can get it to have spell proof or even spell defy since fire sometimes has trouble keeping it's resist up depending on what gear you decide to go with. I'd recommend at least an ancient pet with one talent being one of the 2 resists and the other 2 talents either being damage or crit, again based on your playstyle.

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
Hey I also have a follow up regarding a stitch I'm doing.

It's the Daredevil's fire design one, and I've been farming the optional boss in Ironworks for a bit but it's yet to come through. Is there another source to this robe? Takes me quite a bit of time to run Ironworks to a point where I can access Old Smokey.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Feb 27, 2019 wrote:

It's the Daredevil's fire design one, and I've been farming the optional boss in Ironworks for a bit but it's yet to come through. Is there another source to this robe? Takes me quite a bit of time to run Ironworks to a point where I can access Old Smokey.
Try doing the conterweight west I think. The final boss drops a robe that looks like Daredevil robe. And at your level, it should be easy! The robe is called "bellows confined robe"

Survivor
May 06, 2018
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Feb 27, 2019 wrote:

Another source of Daredevil's design gear is Corporal Tenni'syn, the gold key boss in Empyrea. The Daredevil's fire gear from him is called the Fire Light gear. He also drops some of the best robes for levels 125+.