Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

burning rampage needs to be nerfed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
Barbie934m on May 11, 2019 wrote:
Burning rampage is a cheating spell for fire and it needs to be nerfed soon.
I agree with you burning rampage should be nerfed.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on May 22, 2019 wrote:
I agree and lore master and efreet too
I will have to disagree about loremaster should be nerfed.

1. It my favorite spell on the game because she comes out of the book and hit the opponent.
2. I think all loremaster spells should have 2 debuf to equal to loremaster.

Like have Brimstone put a trap on enemy and put a blade on user that casted it or mantle on opponent.

To me all loremaster spell that cast 4 pips should have debuf on them even weaver spell the life spell from loremaster.

if brimstone did the mantle and the trap would you still want loremaster to be nerfed?

Just a question and i would like to know.

You know balance don't have a overtime yet and some balance wizard want a overtime because everyone set for balance on the game.

ice life myth and death and also fire have overtime spells.

so i want all the spells to have a mantle from loremaster to make it even with loremaster spell instead of behind.

think about another way to improve brimstone like if you have 2 mantle from loremaster once you hit with brimstone it puts a trap on yours opponent and remove the second debuf from user.

Like catch of the day from storm wizards.

Samantha max now and I will always have to disagree with loremaster being nerfed because i rather lose from a loremaster spammer then a mana burn spammer.

P:S:
We will never agree on getting loremaster nerfed.

1. if loremaster does get nerfed i think a lot of players will quit the game.
2. and same with efreet kingsisle could make tc efreet no pvp for others wizards but fire will still have normal efreet.

Like storm now the only wizard that can do insane bolt now.

I thought it was funny when other wizards did insane bolt and it hit them instead of there opponent.

I know why kingsisle remove insane bolt tc and from pets because it was to risky of a card to use.

And a lot of players complain about it.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
Barbie934m on May 11, 2019 wrote:
Burning rampage is a cheating spell for fire and it needs to be nerfed soon.
Although it's true that Burning Rampage may need to be nerfed, especially for lower level PvP, I feel as though you're not making an effort to counter it in order to improve your rank. The first thing people did when you made this topic was offer methods and strategies to overcome Burning Rampage, but based on your responses I believe you're just looking for Kingsisle to make it easier for you to get the commander robe. Believe me, I've dealt with Burning Rampage as well, which was especially tough given the low health on my storm wizard, but I did research on how to counter it and had much more success as a result of it. In no way am I trying to offend or belittle you, merely letting you know that if Burning Rampage is not nerfed, you can still beat it.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
JoshStormWiz on May 29, 2019 wrote:
Although it's true that Burning Rampage may need to be nerfed, especially for lower level PvP, I feel as though you're not making an effort to counter it in order to improve your rank. The first thing people did when you made this topic was offer methods and strategies to overcome Burning Rampage, but based on your responses I believe you're just looking for Kingsisle to make it easier for you to get the commander robe. Believe me, I've dealt with Burning Rampage as well, which was especially tough given the low health on my storm wizard, but I did research on how to counter it and had much more success as a result of it. In no way am I trying to offend or belittle you, merely letting you know that if Burning Rampage is not nerfed, you can still beat it.
Perhaps you can clue me in as to how to counter burning rampage from second?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
JoshStormWiz on May 29, 2019 wrote:
There is no counter to burning rampage or a stun block in to shield into shrike x2 efreet thats gg. Fire school is just busted to the point am sure falmea is proud of her students boasting that much power. Were is the power for

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on Jun 2, 2019 wrote:
There is no counter to burning rampage or a stun block in to shield into shrike x2 efreet thats gg. Fire school is just busted to the point am sure falmea is proud of her students boasting that much power. Were is the power for
You are wrong ice at higher lvl can get immune to storm and fire if they choose to and i did get a lot of fire resist and burning rampage had no effect on my wizard.

fire had to use more then 2 burning rampage to kill my wizard I think it was 4 burning rampage for them to win the match.

I said if a low wizard have jade gear then can counter burning rampage because of there's resist is higher up.

Samantha Max now

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on Jun 7, 2019 wrote:
You are wrong ice at higher lvl can get immune to storm and fire if they choose to and i did get a lot of fire resist and burning rampage had no effect on my wizard.

fire had to use more then 2 burning rampage to kill my wizard I think it was 4 burning rampage for them to win the match.

I said if a low wizard have jade gear then can counter burning rampage because of there's resist is higher up.

Samantha Max now
Any school at high level can get immunity if they set for specific schools. By doing this your sacrificing damage, even though it might seem like a counter to damage not everyone is gonna use jade gears in a 1v1 rank pvp match setting. Thus creating an atmosphere of problematic solutions. Burning rampage in it self doesn't have a counter mechanic when used from first and i can guarantee u if said player use shrike before hitting then all resist against said attack would of been useless. This is also depending on said players stats.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on Jun 9, 2019 wrote:
Any school at high level can get immunity if they set for specific schools. By doing this your sacrificing damage, even though it might seem like a counter to damage not everyone is gonna use jade gears in a 1v1 rank pvp match setting. Thus creating an atmosphere of problematic solutions. Burning rampage in it self doesn't have a counter mechanic when used from first and i can guarantee u if said player use shrike before hitting then all resist against said attack would of been useless. This is also depending on said players stats.
If kingsisle made burning rampage craftable instead only farmable it will be more fair not all fire have burning rampage at all so kingsisle needs to make it where it can be craftable so all wizards can have it even balance if they want to use fire mastery amulet to make it a fair rank pvp match.

And not all fire have shrike people that are lvl 66 don't have shadow magic yet.

so pierce doesn't effect anything at all.

and i hope they make that headless horsemen craftable for death wizard so people don't have to waste crowns on a pack for it or going to loremaster to farm for it.

If burning rampage was craftable it would be more fair in rain pvp since it not craftable it not that fair of a match.

a few fire wizards at higher lvl quit doing burning rampage because they didn't like it being so easy to win matches.

If kingsisle wants people to keep on doing rank pvp they need to fix burning rampage.

At lower lvl i didn't have a higher lvl wizard so giving me advice when i couldn't even do it on my own doesn't really help me at all.

I liked before kingsisle put burning rampage in the game fire was still good they where second because they had efreet and to me storm was always first because of there high damage and critical rating.

So fire didn't need a burning rampage spell at all if you want balance to quit using loremaster then you might have to quit using burning rampage.

because that the only way i would quit using loremaster spam if the fire promise not do burning rampage spam i know it cost 5 pips.

the only spell i wouldn't use on a balance wizard is Mana burn because when you going second it usless you always get a little damage against the other wizard.

and Ice Weaver spell doesn't really help ice that much because it cost a shadow pip and it takes a awhile sometimes to get that shadow pip.

ice need something to counter burning rampage kingsisle can't make a spell to help ice out that doesn't have to wait for a stinky shadow pip to country a cheating spell like burning rampage.

I quit saying gg because of stupid burning rampage.

Samantha Max

Fix Burning rampage to make rank pvp more fair instead of unfair.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
nerf burning rampage please it overtime is unfair and rank pvp will never be fun slept for fire and they want loremaster nerfed because they want to be number 1 so are you going to let that happen?

Because I can't allow it Loremaster is fine if you remove the mantle give it a different debuff for balance wizards to get a blade from it.

Burning rampage damage overtime for second round does to much and it needs to be fixed fast please.

I can't get ranked up if I keep on facing warlord with burning rampage.

It not really a good match going against a trash spell like burning rampage just reduce the damage of the overtime so it more fair in rank pvp or just remove it from rank pvp.

Please fire is not using any strategy anymore since they have the burning rampage spell.

If you keep burning rampage spell like it is more and more players will quit playing yours game.

And start playing on a different game to be honest.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Can you please made burning rampage only do at max 500 damage on the overtime please it costing me to much rank and I need to get ranked up.

It making me not happy anymore so I quit saying gg now.

So please fix burning rampage so it doesn't do so much overpowering damage.

It the only spell is making fire win and win it not a good card at all.

reduce the overtime to 500 damage max or just take it off of rank pvp it to powerful of a spell.

Thank you

Samantha Max

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on Jul 1, 2019 wrote:
Can you please made burning rampage only do at max 500 damage on the overtime please it costing me to much rank and I need to get ranked up.

It making me not happy anymore so I quit saying gg now.

So please fix burning rampage so it doesn't do so much overpowering damage.

It the only spell is making fire win and win it not a good card at all.

reduce the overtime to 500 damage max or just take it off of rank pvp it to powerful of a spell.

Thank you

Samantha Max
Sure when lore master gets nerf first :) if were gonna start nerfing the top 4 schools in pvp being ice fire balance and life lets start with lore master.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on Jul 3, 2019 wrote:
Sure when lore master gets nerf first :) if were gonna start nerfing the top 4 schools in pvp being ice fire balance and life lets start with lore master.
I disagree with you about nerfing Loremaster

I want to see Brimstone and Crampus to get add on buff.

Crampus already gives a mantle add a weakness and it will be the same as loremaster and I would like to see Brimstone put 2 traps on enemy or 1 trap and put a blade on user.

and reduce the pips on Crampus so it would only be 4 pips so it will be the same as loremaster.

life weaver I don't know if it needs a add on buff or not because there's weakness is --25 loremaster weakness is -20

mantle is -30 from loremaster Crampus mantle is -55.

I think all loremaster spell should have 2 debuff slept deer night and ice deer knight and winter moon because ice has more resist then anyone on the game.

how come you aren't talking about the headless Horsemen death spell?

Just wondering.

Death is a really good at pvp at legendary if that lvl 60 which I don't remember at all.

I haven't see a life fizzle at all each time they face a balance wizard spamming loremaster.

Samantha Max

I think loremaster is fine I love the spell and I will 100% defend for it.

kingisle can add buff to the other loremaster spells like brimstone and crampus.

Burning Rampage is not from loremaster at all so that why I think it should be nerfed the 2nd round overtime if you have 100 damage or more then the overtime on the second it should do 1,000 damage without a shield.

If you fire wizard has like 70 fire damage or 80 it should do less on the second overtime 700 damage for 70 fire damage 800 for the second overtime if you have 80 damage.

Now you know how I feel about burning rampage.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on Jul 3, 2019 wrote:
I disagree with you about nerfing Loremaster

I want to see Brimstone and Crampus to get add on buff.

Crampus already gives a mantle add a weakness and it will be the same as loremaster and I would like to see Brimstone put 2 traps on enemy or 1 trap and put a blade on user.

and reduce the pips on Crampus so it would only be 4 pips so it will be the same as loremaster.

life weaver I don't know if it needs a add on buff or not because there's weakness is --25 loremaster weakness is -20

mantle is -30 from loremaster Crampus mantle is -55.

I think all loremaster spell should have 2 debuff slept deer night and ice deer knight and winter moon because ice has more resist then anyone on the game.

how come you aren't talking about the headless Horsemen death spell?

Just wondering.

Death is a really good at pvp at legendary if that lvl 60 which I don't remember at all.

I haven't see a life fizzle at all each time they face a balance wizard spamming loremaster.

Samantha Max

I think loremaster is fine I love the spell and I will 100% defend for it.

kingisle can add buff to the other loremaster spells like brimstone and crampus.

Burning Rampage is not from loremaster at all so that why I think it should be nerfed the 2nd round overtime if you have 100 damage or more then the overtime on the second it should do 1,000 damage without a shield.

If you fire wizard has like 70 fire damage or 80 it should do less on the second overtime 700 damage for 70 fire damage 800 for the second overtime if you have 80 damage.

Now you know how I feel about burning rampage.
You think lore master is fine because you love the spell? lol I rest my case.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on Jul 7, 2019 wrote:
You think lore master is fine because you love the spell? lol I rest my case.
Everyone has a favorite spell and I have a favorite spell in a few schools on wizard101.

Storm: is Sirens.
Myth: snake girl that stuns you for 2 rounds.
Fire: fire genie girl that comes out of lava.
Ice: Winter Moon
Death: Deer Knight spell.
Balance: Judgement and Loremaster.
Life: triads.

Those are all my favorite spells

I don’t have just 1 favorite spell on just 1 wizard.

You and a few others players are attacking the Loremaster spell.

So by that I made this post to go against that post.

I think Loremaster and Burning rampage is tied right now.

Samantha Max

Will always defend Loremaster spell only spell that should go away for balance is mana burn to me.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Haha, well it looks like once again my post has been flagged for whatever reason before making towards your reply i guess the moderators dislikes me. So ill be a little nicer towards my last response to this topic. Once again, i don't believe pvp is generally just about your favorite spell. I believe its more based around strategy that may or may not consist your favorite spell, however that doesn't mean that strategies like lore spamming should go without punishment. A spell with the ability to fizzle out your opponent accuracy and giving a guaranteed weakness with a power base of 470(770) enchanted has shown to be problematic through out its course. This is because it offers little no no effort of a counter and normally a balance who is smart would use this to their advantage in a shrike environment. The only problem i have with balance is their ability to prevent their opponent from making plays. Having that being said giving them a power spike item and game control kinda made balance a bit broken in the long run.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on Jul 19, 2019 wrote:
Haha, well it looks like once again my post has been flagged for whatever reason before making towards your reply i guess the moderators dislikes me. So ill be a little nicer towards my last response to this topic. Once again, i don't believe pvp is generally just about your favorite spell. I believe its more based around strategy that may or may not consist your favorite spell, however that doesn't mean that strategies like lore spamming should go without punishment. A spell with the ability to fizzle out your opponent accuracy and giving a guaranteed weakness with a power base of 470(770) enchanted has shown to be problematic through out its course. This is because it offers little no no effort of a counter and normally a balance who is smart would use this to their advantage in a shrike environment. The only problem i have with balance is their ability to prevent their opponent from making plays. Having that being said giving them a power spike item and game control kinda made balance a bit broken in the long run.
Right now Loremaster and burning rampage is tied so can you please just give up on wanting Loremaster nerfed.

There’s a easy way to beat balance wizard just don’t focus on pips jewels.

We are all adults.

I know why kingsisle create burning rampage to help fire to do more damage on second turn to make it even with balance wizards.

Samantha Max my favorite school on Wizard101 is

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Barbie934m on Jul 23, 2019 wrote:
Right now Loremaster and burning rampage is tied so can you please just give up on wanting Loremaster nerfed.

There’s a easy way to beat balance wizard just don’t focus on pips jewels.

We are all adults.

I know why kingsisle create burning rampage to help fire to do more damage on second turn to make it even with balance wizards.

Samantha Max my favorite school on Wizard101 is
No? I wont give up on considering lore master nerf because its the first spell in my book that requires it. There is also many who agree with the fact that its way more broken than burning rampage. Being an adult or child in a kids game has nothing to do with coming to the forum and freely expressing ones opinion. Its already been clear how problematic of a spell it is. Burning rampage should also receive adjustments. But I'm for 100% on lore master and Efreet nerfs.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on Jul 23, 2019 wrote:
No? I wont give up on considering lore master nerf because its the first spell in my book that requires it. There is also many who agree with the fact that its way more broken than burning rampage. Being an adult or child in a kids game has nothing to do with coming to the forum and freely expressing ones opinion. Its already been clear how problematic of a spell it is. Burning rampage should also receive adjustments. But I'm for 100% on lore master and Efreet nerfs.
No I disagree and I won’t let it be nerfed at all less burning rampage gets nerfed first because burning rampage is to overpowering.

And Efreet is fine.

I will always disagree with Warlords because they only want easy wins that why you are attacking balance best rank pvp spell.

So stop attacking balance only good spell in game.

As long as you attacking Loremaster spell I will keep attacking burning rampage.

You asked me to stop posting on nerfing Loremaster post and I will if you stop post on my nerfing burning rampage spell.

Samantha Max

Dakota EarthHorn doesn’t want Loremaster spell nerfed and he the King of rank pvp to me.

Only you and the new bullies Warlord on the game have a problem Loremaster spell.
And I will protect Loremaster spell till Spark locks
Both of are nerfing post

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Because I no longer PVP, I don't care what spells get nerf. As long as it doesn't affect PVE.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
Barbie934m on Feb 23, 2019 wrote:
Burning rampage is a cheating way for fire wizards to get to warlord and it needs to be nerfed.

No low lvl can get to warlord when low lvl fire wizards has burning rampage so fix it please.
Yeah it should be nerfed. My ice got hit with a burning rampage that did 12k the other day.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2017
Barbie934m on Feb 23, 2019 wrote:
Burning rampage is a cheating way for fire wizards to get to warlord and it needs to be nerfed.

No low lvl can get to warlord when low lvl fire wizards has burning rampage so fix it please.
I totally agree burning rampage is way too op as it does so much damage, it is literally impossible to beat someone with it from second and i dont think this spell should be accessed by low lvls anyways cause that literally ruins pvp.,

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
eee19203 on Jul 29, 2019 wrote:
I totally agree burning rampage is way too op as it does so much damage, it is literally impossible to beat someone with it from second and i dont think this spell should be accessed by low lvls anyways cause that literally ruins pvp.,
Burning rampage isn't just strong because of its damage, because lets be real here it does 70 more damage than Catalan. It is strong because of its 2 round damage overtime mechanic that can be free backed up by blades or mix into open hits combos that leaves little to no breathing room that's why its strong. Its a shield by passer, which is its effect should be changed into a 3 round dot rather than 2 imo.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
angellifeheart on Aug 10, 2019 wrote:
Burning rampage isn't just strong because of its damage, because lets be real here it does 70 more damage than Catalan. It is strong because of its 2 round damage overtime mechanic that can be free backed up by blades or mix into open hits combos that leaves little to no breathing room that's why its strong. Its a shield by passer, which is its effect should be changed into a 3 round dot rather than 2 imo.
It just be weaker. Making it 3 rounds it still do a ton of damage and it will be hard to shield to avoid other attack since it acting like a fire elf and they can use fire beetle

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Morez174 on Aug 13, 2019 wrote:
It just be weaker. Making it 3 rounds it still do a ton of damage and it will be hard to shield to avoid other attack since it acting like a fire elf and they can use fire beetle
Making it three round would give the other player enough time to counteract but would still provide fire the ability to damage slowly but do damage. People are forgetting that fire is a damage school, and that they ranked second in highest based that "before" but are now the new storms of pvp with damage overtime spells and efreet. Fire beetle effect was actually design intentionally to use up traps from spells like fuel with damage overtime since in truth damage overtime were meant to be a bit stronger than brute force damage spells. Burning rampage isn't a strong spell just by itself, in fact i could argue the main reason behind fire oppressiveness is one of the main reason why people don't want to see storms with damage overtime because its just too strong. I don't see people talking about it often, but damage overtime are becoming the centralize controls spells on set shield users or shield spammers. 1 damage overtime can remove 4 shields regardless of how low the damage is.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2019
angellifeheart on Aug 25, 2019 wrote:
Making it three round would give the other player enough time to counteract but would still provide fire the ability to damage slowly but do damage. People are forgetting that fire is a damage school, and that they ranked second in highest based that "before" but are now the new storms of pvp with damage overtime spells and efreet. Fire beetle effect was actually design intentionally to use up traps from spells like fuel with damage overtime since in truth damage overtime were meant to be a bit stronger than brute force damage spells. Burning rampage isn't a strong spell just by itself, in fact i could argue the main reason behind fire oppressiveness is one of the main reason why people don't want to see storms with damage overtime because its just too strong. I don't see people talking about it often, but damage overtime are becoming the centralize controls spells on set shield users or shield spammers. 1 damage overtime can remove 4 shields regardless of how low the damage is.
Why do you hate Loremaster so much?

how about this has it nerf for loremaster it stays at 4 pips but loses the weakness and it keeps it mantle with the same damage it has.

I think you can agree with that because it would just be like Krampus would that make rank pvp more balance?

Just asking but I don't think you care about balance having loremaster spell and I don't want loremaster cost 5 pips and the weakness does nothing so I'm asking you something to make it balance to me.

Do you agree with loremaster losing the weakness and just keeping the mantle?

Just a question.

Always be family friendly to other players.