Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2014
Yo, i've been hearing from people that putting someone on ignore will block them from their reports against you actually coming through, is this true?

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
While it might block you from seeing the report, once the report button is pushed it puts it in King's Islands hands. You may or may not see the notification that "you have been reported". But the report is on the way to KI.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
jasondeath4465 on Feb 22, 2019 wrote:
Yo, i've been hearing from people that putting someone on ignore will block them from their reports against you actually coming through, is this true?
When we block someone we can't hear anything they say any more. Since reporting is related to what people say the report button vanishes for that person...but there is nothing to report because you can't hear them.

If someone has commit a reportable offense you can report them and then block them. If they're just being unpleasant and you don't want to hear them then blocking is enough. Make sure you only report things that need KI's intervention. We can double check with the rules HERE if we are unsure (see points 3 and 4 of 'sanction Questions). If we're still unsure it's best to just block them and get on with our wizardy day in peace

When we block someone they can still hear us, we just can't hear them. They will be able to report you if you are breaking the rules. Blocking is not to be used to exclude someone from a conversation or be unable to follow what is being said by preventing them from hearing parts of the conversation. It excludes US from hearing what that player says...a bit like putting our fingers in our ears!

Blocking someone will also prevent you from being placed in a team up with them. It can be helpful to know this for some situations eg if you're farming a location and someone is unkind. If you block them you don't need to worry you'll get teamed up with them again while farming and have an awkward run because of it. You may find you have to wait a little longer though as the two of you will be unable to be placed in the same team.

I hope this helps!

LTDR: If you block someone they can still hear you and still have the ability to report you; you will not be able to report a player you have blocked because you will no longer be able to hear anything they say.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
jasondeath4465 on Feb 22, 2019 wrote:
Interesting question. If you're trying to report by clicking on their speech in the chat bar, probably. But just clicking on their character would allow that report to go through. There's no way to block a report.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2014
there's 2 communities that have been going at it on the game for quite a while, and one of the communities has been insisting that reports are blocked if you set the reporter on ignore. i just wanted to fact check this info

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
This is a good question to ask Kingsisle or Spark on the Message Board. There was someone I reported for Trolling othe players: name calling and putting them down ( Negative rants and Derogatory remarks) . It got bad enough that I clicked ignore on that person. I reported him after the battle was over while in ignore mode.