Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quick discussion

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
Let's talk about underpowered spells...raging bull, scarecrow, and hephaestus.

Ok I want to start off by saying isn't it odd THAT these spells are underpowered c9nsidering the FACT that there is absolutely no balance in these spells compared to other spells in the game now....serioudly you can go on and on trying to defend these spells but I think and I KNOW MANY OTHER PLAYERS know that these spells can be adjusted, and that KI did a terrible job with them.

Let me go on...

For example raging bull compared to sirens.
We all know that raging bull does less damage and the effect of the spell is nearly uselesd. But you might say "Raging bull is 6 pips plus a shadow pip" no no no, for 6 pips and a shadow pip vs 9 pips it's a huge gap between those two, which is ridiculous. I'm NOT saying make raging bull as op as sirens but, it needs work for it's worth, maybe like a -30 to -50 accuracy on the thing at least.

Scarecrow: I don't get it, but when you enchant 300+ on it it's only 600. Why wouldn't it be fair to add the extra 100 damage??? Considering that sap spells only gives back half it's 7 pips, i could really see this spell better, and actually a option over deer knight.

Ok now, as for Hepheatus it does just about brimstone for 5 pips, when pigsle is running out here with 4 (solid spell though , a way a better alternate in life's inventory). Why make it five pips when something more balanced like catch of the day, athena, burning rampage, are more balanced for 5. Imao, loremaster is 4 pips (which I could care less about). Ninja pigs is 5 pips due to that nice solid base damage. Ohh, I get it so it's okay for queen calpso, to be 4 as well and add the traps, BEFORE IT HITS???
lol good job...

This post might come off as rude, I don't mean offend nobody, this is just how I see it...and feel like it should be addressed with constructive criticism. There are allot more things in the game that just isn't right, but ki is slowly improving on. If it wasn't for some of their changes I wouldn't be writing this post right now.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
All thoughts are for PvE only:

An improvement to the accuracy debuf wouldnt be bad, but it's not really needed. An alternative would be a steal charm aspect, or perhaps add a steal charm to the effects we have now. For 12 pips (mana usage equates 6 pips + 1 shadow pip as 12 pips), the damage SHOULD be more than 9 pips for sirens who has multiple effects. Here's the problem, people on this forum will go bananas because now a spell from a non-storm school does as much as a storm spell school. What people dont get (or care about either) is that not only is the pip cost MORE for Bull, but it's learned 40 levels later in the game.

Life sap spells have long been know to work like this:

The Sun enchants only add 200 to the damage, because it adds 100 to the healing factor. 200 (damage) + 100 (healing) = 300. This has been a famous complaint of death school that their life saps work this way. people are also quite adamant (in the past) that Death's saps should NOT get the full bonus or else it would make Death too OP. *I* don't think that way, but people on the forum do.

I'm fine with the damage and cost especially since Hepheatus adds a "permanant" fire school buff in the fight.