Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pierce Overboard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
The amount of pierce floating around has reached heights that should never be, when corresponded with the high % damage people are now able to obtain, with storms and fires easily going 140+. When I watch a Jade wizard take full damage through a shield/multiple shields after a couple of casts, I cant help but say how much pierce has destroyed defensive play(NOT including healing, that obviously still works very well). Now yes, I understand the previous element of resist v pierce was badly distributed with pierce being unable to do anything to resist. I just say consider lowering something in terms of offense, as this other extreme is too much as well. Maybe lower healing as well, cap it, to balance it. At the very least something in 4v4, where shields and resist are worth nothing against a full onslaught, with everyone often taking full damage and the first full team to get a shadow pip card enchanted wins.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
I strongly agree. I went second to 2 storms the other day, both of which got shadow pips first round. There was also a fire, who promptly did fire stun first round so we could not shield, plague or anything. One of my wizards was a balance. The fire did the stun so she could not supernova. Both storms did auras the first round: one was infallible, one was the storm incoming myth damage one. Round two: smokescreen from the fire, and 2 bugs. I actually survived the bugs even though my jade life does not set for storm (a global 81 resist) but I fizzled my heal. Goodbye me and entire team round three (pets die at critical times like these, spam when you're full health). Storm has been nerfed ever since bugs came out. 150 damage and 50 pierce before they even go into shrike, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Iridian
Tavia
Vanessa

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
shrike is needed. idc what you say. shrike and pierce is needed cause of immunity. nobody gonna sit around cast converts when you can shield on top of that.