Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats with this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
Every now and then like this weekend for example I see get up to 50% off blah blah blah. But, when I get excited go and check these whatever like this weekend it was mounts and pets not even ONE of them was 50% off! Come on Kings Isle if your gonna not even have one thing 50% off be HONEST and tell like it is! That the items are 25% off at most and that is few and far between and the rest just have 10%-15% off none have 50% off! I am really irate about this because you don't tell on your page where its advertised what the pricing will be we have to go into the game and when we get there what do we see? Nothing 50% off that we were so excited about, NOTHING but a HUGE disappointment and I am sure plenty of others agree with this its like come on just be honest and don't get peoples hopes up! Ok that said when did the test realm go up? I started checking at beginning of last week and it wasn't up can't you send members an email or something telling when its up? It would be nice to get to see first hand some of the new stuff since I have been a member since 2008.

Fallon ShadowRider

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Fallon1127 on Jun 30, 2018 wrote:
Every now and then like this weekend for example I see get up to 50% off blah blah blah. But, when I get excited go and check these whatever like this weekend it was mounts and pets not even ONE of them was 50% off! Come on Kings Isle if your gonna not even have one thing 50% off be HONEST and tell like it is! That the items are 25% off at most and that is few and far between and the rest just have 10%-15% off none have 50% off! I am really irate about this because you don't tell on your page where its advertised what the pricing will be we have to go into the game and when we get there what do we see? Nothing 50% off that we were so excited about, NOTHING but a HUGE disappointment and I am sure plenty of others agree with this its like come on just be honest and don't get peoples hopes up! Ok that said when did the test realm go up? I started checking at beginning of last week and it wasn't up can't you send members an email or something telling when its up? It would be nice to get to see first hand some of the new stuff since I have been a member since 2008.

Fallon ShadowRider
Ravenwood News on Login reads:
'Now through july 8th, enjoy red, white and blue items for up to 50% off! For a limited time, we are bringing back the Soaring Eagle Mount, Red Cactus Hopper Pet and Patriotic Leprechaun Pet!'

When we click to 'see sale' the website shows this list (I have added the discount percentage):

• Solar Sabercat Mount (Perm) 33%
  • Cephalopod Racer Mount (Perm) 18%
  • Astral unicorn Mount (Perm) 33%
  • Roller Blades mount (Perm) 23%
  • White Stag mount (Perm) 38%
  • Skyracer Pegasus mount (Perm) 38%
  • Seraph Wings Mount (Perm) 36%
  • Dark Redwing (Perm) 50%
  • Fiery Flying Carpet (Perm) 20%
  • Royal Ibis Pet 25%
  • Cunning Seal Pup Pet 25%
  • Frilled Lizard Pet 33%
  • Red Panda Pet 33%
  • White Tiger Pet 21%
  • Fire Mastery Amulet 35%
  • Ice Mastery Amulet 35%
  • Balance Mastery Amulet 35%
  • Myth Mastery Amulet 35%
  • Red Barn Farm 32%
  • Ice House 25%
  • Blue Teleporter 50%
  • White Teleporter 50%
  • Red Teleporter 50%

As you can see there are 2 perm mounts at 50% discount and the red, white and blue teleporters. The other items listed have significant discounts, predominantly being over 30%. There is nothing dishonest about advertising this sale as 'up to 50% off'

*Sorry if double post...when the post flashed up as it went to moderation the list did not show so I typed it in instead of pasting it from the website.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014

Fallon ShadowRider
As you can see there are 2 perm mounts at 50% discount and the red, white and blue teleporters. The other items listed have significant discounts, predominantly being over 30%. There is nothing dishonest about advertising this sale as 'up to 50% off'

Skyracer Pegasus 50% off and Dark Redwing 50% off...sorry for typing the Skyracer Pegasus percentage wrong when I copied it from the list!

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
As others have said, there are items in the shop that are indeed 50% off. It's easy to get upset, but make sure that you do your research before you complain. When they write "up to 50% off", it's a marketing strategy. It gets people more excited about whatever sale is going on & then more likely to make a purchase. Wizard101 is a game, but it is also a business. Just something to remember :)

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Ditto Gingersnap....but I would not of been so diplomatic...I see this type of post quite often...wont say more...but geez comes to mind.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
"Two perm mounts at 50% off"
I only see one -- dark redwing perm mount is 50% off.

Is the other one in the Crown Shop sale but not on the list?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

Fallon ShadowRider
Test realm went up on Wednesday, June 27th. There is a whole section here on these boards devoted to test realm discussion, and it has been there since the 27th.

As for the sale, the advertised "50% off" was just to get your attention. The key words there were: "up to 50% off."

'Up to ___%' means, some things will be the full discount advertised but most things will be on sale for something less than that. Most things will be in the 20%-35% range. It's still a sale. You still see prices reduced, but it was the high number that lured you in the door.

This is a pretty common business tactic. You see it in stores everywhere. It's always, "prices reduced up to ___%"

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SparkleTude on Jul 2, 2018 wrote:
"Two perm mounts at 50% off"
I only see one -- dark redwing perm mount is 50% off.

Is the other one in the Crown Shop sale but not on the list?
The Skyracer Pegasus is not 38% off, it's 50% off...it was a typo when I copied the list out after it failed to send as a copy and paste. I clarified it in a second post but it might not have been visible when you replied.

Both the Skyracer Pegasus and the Dark Redwing are at 50% off

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 3, 2018 wrote:
The Skyracer Pegasus is not 38% off, it's 50% off...it was a typo when I copied the list out after it failed to send as a copy and paste. I clarified it in a second post but it might not have been visible when you replied.

Both the Skyracer Pegasus and the Dark Redwing are at 50% off
Thanks!

Those are both awesome! :)

To the OP: Lesson of any ad is always read the fine print.