Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire or Storm (Returning player)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
SO I just came back to wizard101 after quitting a while ago. When I left 90 was max level I think. After coming back I have taken most of my wizards to 60. Just got my life to 60 and gonna start getting waterworks gear. Currently have death 93, ice 80, balance 61, myth 62, and life 61. My last wizard will obviously be fire or storm just not sure which to pick. I know that storm is burst oriented while fire is dot. Most go for storm for the burst and I wanted to get an idea from the community since I just came back to see if fire is as strong as storm and which can be a better overall attacker for different situations. Can fire be as good or better overall than storm? Lookin for one of these two to be my hitter.

I tend to solo my game play and only ever que up for team ups for harder dungeon. So do it have a leveling partner. I have run waterworks enough times to get a life mastery for all wizards and my death can craft up to zafaria or azteca. (Been crafting lvl 56 gear and than replacing with waterworks).

Side question: (sorry just coming back and finding new things lol)
I had to replace all my pets since I have seen new pets have come out. Used to have beast pets for my wizards but replaced them for other pets or currently hatching new ones.

Death: currently have Ghulter with Death Assailant, critical striker, death striker, death dealer, pain giver, and death giver jewel. (Finished)

Ice: shiver knight (one that gives 2 ice blades): currently has Proof, ice dealer, mc fairy, mc healing current. Hoping it gets pain giver or ice giver and I’ll jewel it with opposite to finish it off.

Myth: wandering eye: myth dealer, myth assailant, myth striker, pain giver, mc fairy, and myth giver jewel. Was hoping to get critical striker instead of myth striker. Thinking about rehatching.

Balance: opossum: balance dealer, balance assailant, balance striker, critical hitter, and mc conviction. Wanted critical striker instead of mc conviction and wanted to jewel it with proof. Will rehatch it.

Life: kookaburra (think it’s called with 4 pip aoe): life bringer, life assailaint, life striker. Hoping it gets critical striker and critical hitter and want to jewel it with proof.

Are these good pets and good talents I am going for? Are there better choices. Mostly curious for my ice and life since idk if there are better pets to go for. For storm I was thinking storm ghulter and for fire I was thinking sun serpent or the fox.

I know that I left a lot to read and am asking a lot of questions but any help and advice would be great.

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
I would go with since you have sun serpent, plus is the strongest school, you should zoom right through he game! Once my friend went after the One in a Million badge, he did over 30,000,000!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I will address the wizard class only, not the pets. I have both a fire and storm. Between the 2, I think I prefer fire because their health and accuracy is a little better than storms, which means they'll fizzle less and survive a bit longer. Of course there is gear that will combat these issues, but there's less to compensate for that with fire. Fire was my first wizard, and through my own ignorance, completely failed in Avalon. If I were to run a fire NOW, it would be a whole other story. I understand more about blade stacking, elite dungeon gear, and pets than I EVER did first time around, not to mention there are more options of gear now than before.

The advantage you have, over me with my fire, is that this is NOT your first wizard, so you can get him set up with gear and stuff right away by donating stuff for them to sell to get them started, and find that pet you want them to have and training it as quickly as possible with food bank shared.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
In my experience and in terms of playing style, Fire is a far more potent version of Ice. The AoE/DoT routine is similar, making battles a snap. Fires don't need to worry about shields. Fire's health is on par with Myth, and their accuracy is easily boosted with good gear.

Storm does have the most powerful damage spells, it's true. But they sacrifice a LOT of health and resistance for that power. Furthermore (and this is the deal-breaker for me), they are easily stalled by shields. With no DoT spells to work with, Storms can be all set to hit and then get sucker-punched with a badly timed shield that takes all their power away. Then, because of low health, they might already have been on the edge and one hit from the enemy takes them down.

Some people love that thrill of uncertainty and the adrenaline hits. If you're one of those, you might adore Storm school. If you like a fast and more certain experience on the other hand, then Fire hits just about as hard but without so much personal risk.

Alia Misthaven, 124
Sierra Stormcaller, 102
Rowan Ashcloud, 124

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
Personally, I would go with fire. Fire is pretty easy to solo in my opinion, and would help through the game. In fire you get very strong spells, and spells that do damage over time. If you use these to your advantage, Wizard101 shall be a piece of cake. Happy Questing!

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
Thanks guys for the replies. Seems everyone thinks fire is better. I personally like controlling the battle than the thrill lol. Up to know death has been my favorite school but wanted to take all wizards up to 60 to get a real feel for the play styles. I had a storm at 35 when I quit so wanted some notes on fire and storm for my last wizard as I don’t plan on creating a new account just to get all schools. I’ll wait before making my last wizard while I finish things off on my last wizards and finishing off there waterworks gear. This should give some storm mains a chance to outline storms better points. (Want to be well informed since it’s last slot)

After I take them all to 60 I plan on maining my favorite schools to max if possible. (Long road still)