Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best bosses/plants to farm for mega snacks?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2009
I need to speed up training my pets with some good snacks but I don't know which bosses/plants give the best snacks.

If you tell me which plants are the best to farm then please tell me the best places to get them <3

Thanks,,

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Hurry and plant these plants across all your wizards:

• Deadly Helephant Ears
  • Couch Potatoes
  • Sword Ferns
  • Evil Magma Peas

Each of the above plant guarantees at least one mega pack snack upon elder.

Additionally, they drop useful reagents and treasures (that can be sold to Bazaar for a good sum!).

I sound like a spokesperson for these plants...

Couple runs through Mirror Lake usually yields a few mega snacks.

Good Luck!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Didn't mention how you could get these plants.

First off, each of the plant is available in the crown shop, so, if you've crowns, pick up a few.
If not, then you'll have to farm for them which can be tedious.

Couch Potatoes:

• Try hitting the Troubled Warriors in Savarsaad Pass, Grizzleheim. Battle a few until you get about at least four seeds.
  • Fishing - Fishing Chests in the Winter Wind Tower provides a chance of getting it.
  • All the Grendel Bosses in the Hall of Valor also drops the seed.
  • Pack - Found in Wyvern's, Hydra and Witch's Hoard Packs.

Evil Magma Peas
  • Hobglobulin, Dark Knight, among some other bosses in worlds post Zafaria drop the seed.
  • Fishing - Fishing Chests in Polarion Shipwreck and Darkmoor Manor provides chances. Check the housing tour in Wizard City to access to these castles.
  • Pack - Found in Road Warrior's (most common in this pack), Keeper Lore's and Wyvern's.

Deadly Helephant Ears
  • Sir Malory among other bosses post ZF
  • Fishing - Fishing Chests in Darkmoor Manor.
  • Pack - Found in Nightmare and Wyvern's Pack

The other plants; Sword Ferns and White Tiger Lilies drops rank 9 snacks. The lilies in particular however are much easier to come by as they are sometimes found in the bazaar and has high chances of dropping the Fancy Yogurt!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Start here:

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/perfect-pvp-pets-part-1/

The guide mentions Couch Potatoes, Evil Magma Peas and Prickly Bear Cactus.

To those, I would add Deadly Helephant Ears. (You can get Deadly Helephant Ears - DHEs - by farming regular Helephant Ears, which drop Ultra Helephant Ears, and those drop DHEs. Also, Red and Pink Huckleberries drop DHEs.) Other good plants for mega-snacks are Maelstrom Snapdragons, White Tiger Lilies, Fish on a Vine, and Frozen Fly Traps.

Finally, if you can afford to spend some crowns or farm in high places, Sword Ferns sometimes drop Hambrosia snacks.

If you just want to farm bosses, someone else will know where to do that better than me. Some people swear by Mirror Lake, for example, because Pixie Stick pet snacks always drop there.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Couch Potatoes, Evil Magma Peas, and Deadly Helephant Ears, have worked very well for me. The reason those 3 are the best is because they will ALWAYS give you a seed back at elder harvest, which means you can replant them at 0 cost (you dont have to keep farming for them or buy them with crowns). The advantage of EMPs & DHEs is that it's easier to plant 69 to be covered by one spell. The maximum number of seeds a Rank 3 gardening spell can cover is 69.

Hambrosia, which is tied for the best XP giving pet snack in the game, is given by Sword Fern and The Giving Tree. I BELIEVE Sword Fern will also reseed, but I could be mistaken; I've never gardened those.

Fancy Yogurt, which is the other best XP giving pet snack in the game, is given by both Evil Magma Peas and Couch Potatoes.

Captain Canteloupe, which is tied for the second best XP giving snack in the game, is given by Couch Potatoes and Evil Magma Peas.

Mystic Dragon Fruit, which is the other pet snack tied for second, is given by Evil Magma Peas.

The last time I checked, these were the pet snacks that yielded the best XP per stat:

Strength - Fancy Yogurt (15 per snack)
Intellect - Dragon Head Cheese / Hambrosia (15 per snack)
Agility - Captain Canteloupe / Hambrosia (15 per snack)
Will - Mystic Dragon Fruit / Street Pizza / Fancy Yogurt (15 per snack)
Power - Fancy Yogurt / Hambrosia (20 per snack)
Overall XP - Fancy Yogurt / Hambrosia (50 per snack)

One last thing to mention. This information does NOT count Member Bonuses for Pet XP (where you get 2x the XP) or Gardening XP (where you get 2x the drops which includes both snacks and seeds), nor does it take into consideration if your pet likes a snack (1 extra overall XP) or loves the snack (2 extra overall XP).

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Another tip I would like to add:

Ensure you surround your plants with things that they like!

Often times this include furniture that the very own plant has a chance of dropping; otherwise, you can simply find at the bazaar.

For example: the Couch Potatoes likes both the sandwich station and Litter. So, place these items near the plants.
They also like Pixies, so, ensure there is at least one pixie floating around your garden at any given time, the plant it's on doesn't matter; as long as they are all benefitting from the "like."

The idea here is that you want to get your plants to elder as fast as possible so you can harvest and get those Mega Snacks.

So, help your plant get there by providing as much "likes" for it as possible!

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
I grow couch potatoes. (6 wizards * 14 couch potatoes = 84 mega snacks per week). I farmed the Ghultures in Caravan for them. They only have 2450 health and they are near the red/blue orbs. Double gardening rewards helps, because each drops 2 seeds instead of one so you can double your number of couch potatoes.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Gabriella SkySong on Apr 17, 2018 wrote:
I need to speed up training my pets with some good snacks but I don't know which bosses/plants give the best snacks.

If you tell me which plants are the best to farm then please tell me the best places to get them <3

Thanks,,
One of the best places to farm is Aggrobah in Mirage. I farm the feral felons because they drop couch potatoes and evil mafma peas which are the two best seeds for getting mega snacks. I find the mobs in Mirage have a higher drop rate for seeds than the other worlds. If you can't farm in Mirage yet then I'd say farm the splithoof barbarians in grizzleheim or pretty much any mob in grizzle. They're an easy mob to farm and drop couch potatoes. Farming for seeds is tedious work but definitely pays off.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Awesome, thanks for your knowledge guys. So many good ideas I'll be sure to follow ^^

I can't wait to get started on my farm ^^

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I think everyone forgot to tell her how much energy it takes to take care of all the plants you garden. I have a red barn house and have three plots planted of couch potatoes. I have 125 energy , by the time I take care of all my plants needs I end up with only about 30 energy left. I really can't even train a pet on this wizard. I certainly can't do any of my fishing quests unless I buy energy with crowns.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
alia550 on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
I think everyone forgot to tell her how much energy it takes to take care of all the plants you garden. I have a red barn house and have three plots planted of couch potatoes. I have 125 energy , by the time I take care of all my plants needs I end up with only about 30 energy left. I really can't even train a pet on this wizard. I certainly can't do any of my fishing quests unless I buy energy with crowns.
On days where you plan to fish or train pets, just don't go to the house with the garden. You don't have to garden every day. As long as every plant need was tended to the last time you were there, the plants will do just fine if left alone for a few days ... or even a few weeks.

Alia Misthaven

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
For one of the days you can skip checking your plants and train your pets. As long you don't visit the plant house, your plants will be fine.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I understand the cost of energy,, i used to have big gardens during double pet experience and by the end of every day i was unable to train my pet lol,, im getting some experience gear so hopefully it helps ^^

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
I don't see many posts on FARMING bosses for mega snacks. Lemme give you some tips

Luska CharmBeak - The second boss in Waterworks has a chance to drop mega snacks as well as other cool loot!
Syslster Glowstorm - The final boss of Waterworks also has a chance to drop mega snacks

Mirror Lake - After defeating the starburst spiders (the final battle of mirror lake), your are guarenteed to get 2 mega snacks, pixie stix, which gives 30 boost. Trust me, it's worth farming for, if you have a good team, you can get mega snacks under 30 minutes.

One shot bosses - Bosses like Rank 14 like Krokopatra or Rattlebones (the exalted duel fromt he crown shop), they have a really high chance to drop atleast one good mega snack every time you open that chest.

Empyrea side quests - The side quests in Empyrea part 1 give really good mega snacks. One quest earns you a crab apple so if you need free snacks, quick and fast, do some side quests that give good snacks!

Thats just my opinion if you feel lazy to not do Gardening