Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Wizard Training points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Hi,

I already have a fire account up to level 76, but I wanted to try out death. I made a character, but I wanted to know where to use my training points specifically for death. I just don't want to waste my training points.

Thanks,

Cameron Hawksmith 76

Samuel Darkrider 7

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Some people will recommend you train Ice up to Tower Shield. The other benefit of training Ice is getting a weak AoE that you can use until you earn Scarecrow at level 48.

The other option you have is training a second school just for it's AoE - because Death doesn't get one until level 48. Fire and Myth have the strongest AoE spells, but Balance gets theirs earliest, at level 16. You can use your Curses and Feints to boost these spells and Myth especially shares the Spirit Blade with Death. Myth is the most efficient choice for damage if you just want the AoEs, since they work with Spirit Blades and Myth has two AoE spells by level 42.

Most Death wizards agree that training Life isn't necessary, and obviously you're getting the Feint by default.

That said, I did train in Life up to Sprite (level 10), because in Stormriven (part of Celestia) there's a hidden trainer that let me learn a spell that turns the Life Sprite into a Death spell called Dark Sprite. She costs 1 pip and leaves a Curse behind! I love that spell, it's great for setting up a second hit.

Alia Misthaven, 122
Fallon Raven, 88

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
This is what I did for my Death wizard and it worked out quite well for me:

1. Train Ice up to Tower Shield ASAP, should be the first spell you try to obtain on any wizard. It's a very useful spell and literally lasts you the whole entire game. You also get the great Volcanic Shield spell alongside it, which also comes in handy.
2. Train Balance up to Weakness. This one isn't as long lasting as Tower Shield, lasts you until Celestia where it stops becoming very useful, but for the early game I consider it to be quite helpful. Death takes a long time to set up when it comes to big hits, so it's important to delay or reduce damage done to you while setting up.
3. (This one is totally optional and probably pretty trivial) What I did was train Life until Sprite, just for that extra health boost in case if needed, though you probably really won't need it. Pixie does a well enough job for quite a long time.

That's about it for Ravenwood trainers, so moving on...

4. Train Spirit Blade/Trap from Niles in Krokotopia. Spirit Trap isn't very useful after a while to be honest, though they both can come in handy for extra boosts in damage that Death very much needs.
5. Train Reshuffle from the vendor in Colossus Boulevard. It's not that useful more early game, but it becomes quite useful later on in places like Avalon.

You should also go around and pick up additional free death spells from trainers around the spiral, just for the sake of having them.

After this, the rest of your training points should be spent in auras and boosters, auras such as Vengeance, Fortify, and eventually more powerful ones such as Virulence, and training from Strong to Colossal, as well as picking up Potent Trap and Sharpened Blade. Hope this helped!

Thomas Wildstaff, 90

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Train ice up to tower shield, train the spirit blade from Niles the Balance tree and save the rest for the sun and star spells.

Since you get drain spells and sacrifice, there's no real reason to get saytr to heal yourself or heal others.

Good luck!

Amber Dreamflower 125

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
I'd train myth up to minotaur. At the beginning you can use humongofrog until 48, then get a mutate minotaur spell at 58. Death minotaur has saved my life a couple times actually.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I only trained ice up to tower shield and got my elemental blade and trap. I used TC Scarecrow's as a way to get an AOE. Death is one of those schools you'll have plenty of training points on because you don't have to spend points to get feint like the other schools.