Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets and Hatching :)

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I have some ideas I'd love to see in game and would like to know your thoughts.

1. Additional Hatching Timer. I really think having 2 slots available would make people less precious about using their timer to help other people, especially strangers. Only having 1 and the reset time being such a long wait, the hatching timer is inhibiting generosity.

Of course there are people who would use it twice for themselves but likewise there would be people like me who can use both to help other people. The main thing is all the people in between who would often like to help but are also looking for help. Having 2 timers would allow them to be generous with a hatch without having to forfeit their chance of hatching if they see what they're looking for too.

2. An option to swap or gift your egg after a hatch. I understand we can't choose talents, stats, body type etc because that's not how it works in real life either. But, in real life we would be able to say, hey we got the wrong eggs let's swap? Or I don't need mine, would you like both and see which is best?

It could pop up similar to the TC trade box and just let us choose if we wanted to make a trade or gift our egg. If both players agreed the eggs are exchanged. It would only come up immediately after the hatch so no waiting for them to hatch or seeing the stat bars yet. Enabling us to chat in the trade would be essential too so we could discuss it. I'd love to be able to do this!

3. A hatcher for price checks and looking at pets more closely even if you do not have a timer available. This would be awesome for looking at newly hatched pets to compare them and be able to know the pool etc of your friend's new pet. It would also be great for checking resources before trying to hatch. So often a new player has mistakenly thought they had enough gold to hatch, searched for a hatching partner, then gone into the hatcher only to discover it is far too expensive. I think this would be useful in helping people work out the pricing and learn more about the pet hatching process too :)

Anyone have any thoughts about these ideas or anything to add/change? :)

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
Every one of these ideas is great.

Though, you can hop on with a partner as it is now.

I especially like the idea of gifting the egg or trading eggs. I can not count how many times I've hatched just to help someone out and gotten the better egg. I wish I could give the hatch partner both.

The extra hatching slot would be enormously helpful, and logical - look at all our crafting slots.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ohFiddleSticks on Feb 20, 2018 wrote:
Every one of these ideas is great.

Though, you can hop on with a partner as it is now.

I especially like the idea of gifting the egg or trading eggs. I can not count how many times I've hatched just to help someone out and gotten the better egg. I wish I could give the hatch partner both.

The extra hatching slot would be enormously helpful, and logical - look at all our crafting slots.
Thank you for your reply

I'd argue (not against you, but with you) that a second hatching slot is even more logical than lots of crafting slots because crafting only affects our own wizard, while having another hatching slot encourages sharing, helping and community

I maybe didn't explain well enough what I meant about the hatcher for checking prices etc. We can currently only go into the hatcher with a partner if our hatching timer is available. The Pet Checker works similar to the hatcher but would also allow us to see pets that are not yet adult and also price check hatches without needing a timer available right now.

This would allow us to help players who are newer to hatching decide which pet to train up to adult for a hatch, let them see how much gold they will need to hatch and for people happy to help to confirm the person they're helping has sufficient funds to hatch before popping an elixir. If I've just hatched with someone and we could look at the pet it would be easier to estimate how many more hatches they will need to achieve their goals. Currently we have to wait 12-24 hours to even look at it together.

Perhaps we don't need a Pet Checker at all and could just apply the above options to the hatchers we already have? I'd love it

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I like this idea.
So many times I've tried to help new hatchers understand how to track their talent pool - if we had this I could see their eggs and pets and use real data in front of them, instead of hypotheticals. Also help them by showing them how I know - using my pets.