Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How should I spend my training points?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 20, 2015
Hello, I am need of suggestions of how to spend my training points on storm. I have already used some training points to get to tower shield. Please reply if you have any suggestions.

Austin ShadowBlossom Level 25

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
As a Storm Wizard, I would recommend that you train Life to Satyr, Death to Feint and save the rest for Astral Magic that you will begin to learn in Celestia.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Learning Tower Shield is a great start. So, good job!

Now, I'd advise you pursue these spells to enhance your capabilities as a prospective Diviner.

- Death up to Feint.

- Up to Satyr (This is optional as Diviner's eventually learn their own spell (Healing Current) in Avalon at level 75 which is arguably much better than Satyr).

- Learn Amplify, Fortify. Avoid Vengeance, Empowerment and useless spells as that.

- Please completely avoid this school. If you want to have fun, just buy TC's.

- Very important you train all the damage enchanting spells (Tough, Strong, Monstrous etc.)

Leveling up may be challenging, but I urge you to stick through it. :D

Good Luck!

Survivor
Jan 03, 2018
I'm not a fan of training Life to Satyr. IMO you never want to spend 4 pips on a healing spell. Once you get to level 30ish most of those pips will be power pips, so you'll be spending between 6 and 8 pips to cast a heal most of the time. This just never makes sense, and in a group you never heal anyway.

So, IMO, max on Life is up to Sprite, and really, it's just very worth it. The only thing that makes Life to Sprite half descent is that you get a nice Myth/Death shield too, but IMO you can avoid this.

As for Death to Feint, I don't like that either. The reason being is that it's easy enough to get Feint without training for it. You can get Feint on pets, Amulets, Treasure Cards, and in any group you'll mostly depend on others to cast it.

But, if anything I'd rather go Death to Feint than Life to Satyr.

So IMO it's just this:

Ice to Tower
Balance for: Elemental Blade, Reshuffle
Load up on Sun and Star

This works for me anyway. I've got a single Feint in my side board from a pet and I run a small deck with reshuffle and I always have Feint when I want it. You don't really need more than 1 Feint in a deck as Storm and it's not worth all those training points to get it when you can just cross a pet with Nina Piggle or something to get it, or use the Amulet, or treasure cards, etc. If you garden then treasure cards are a reasonable source for it.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
learn all the way up to feint in the death school !! also you might wanna save a lot of training points to get all of the sun attack-boost spells up to colossal for insane damage

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I also avoid training the life spells on Storm because the 4 power pips it takes to use satyr is rarely a good strategy. You can also buy the TC version very easily and it is a higher heal than the trained one.

Definitely get feint. You may find yourself avoiding using it when others have it instead but on the occasions you want it it is essential.

You'll need all the sun school damage boosts to enchant your hits. Avoid moon school completely, it is a waste of training points. The auras can easily be obtained as TC and they are higher percentages so you might prefer to use them instead of using training points too.

You'll definitely want potent trap and sharpened blade when you get to the right level so make sure to have points spare for those. Also get the trip blade and trap from Niles the Balance tree - elemental blade and elemental trap. They'll be really handy.

Obviously the choice is yours and the above is just what I'd recommend. I hope it helps