Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance char, is it hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2018
Hi, im planning to start leveling balance wizard, im curious is it hard? Does balance bosses have high resist on balance? Overall expirience.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Greetings.

As it relates to your question. I'll be frank.

along with seems to be the most difficult characters to solo throughout the game. Why you may ask?

Well is most effectively in team play (doesn't mean it can't produce settler results in single player action though).

The school's charms are universal, and so, any damage will cause these to break. This can deem to be very problematic, especially if you've balance charms (balance, dragon blades etc) up and balance wards (hexes) but the mob just decides to use weakness on you. - In cases like this, some sorcerers will recommend you bring disalarm TC in your side deck to get rid of these.

The school will be fairly easy to level through the first arc, especially since it learns it's AoE so early (level 16). This coupled with balance blade can fairly do great damage to mobs averaging 400 - 500 health. Hence, Wizard City and Krokotopia for example shouldn't be too hard.

Balance mobs and bosses do resists balance as you asked. Of course, Balance bosses will resists much more (usually 80%). Balance bosses also know the spells you will learn too; elemental and spiritual shields. So, quick question, what do you do when a balance boss uses both elemental and spiritual shield?

The school also gets it's very own spell (Helping Hands & Available Hands). Both very useful which now gives you a choice to either train or not. I don't recommend it as, like I said, you can already heal very sufficiently on your own.

More to come..

Survivor
Jan 03, 2018
Hey, I'm loving my Balance wizard. I'm only level 32 so far, but it's been fairly easy and I think its great. Such a versatile character.

Some quick recommendations:
Go straight for Tower Shield, then save up for Sun/Moon/Star stuff IMO.

Farm Hollow Mountain for the Feint/Balance Blade Amulet, it's Balance only by far the best low level Amulet in the game. I'll probably be wearing it when I'm in my 70s+ (I just got it recently).

As soon as you hit 30 start running Mount Olympus. Doesn't matter how weak you are cause people will be glad to have you for buffs and heals. I got lucky and happened to be at a good level for Valentines Day and farmed the Lovely Ladybug pet which is an awsome pet for a low level Balance wiz so I've got good heals.

The Zeus gear gives nice healing boosts in addition to damage.

I've found that with the Zeus gear my healing is more than enough. I'm constantly overhealing between the Zeus gear and Lovely Ladybug.

If you get geared like this you'll be able to breeze through anything of appropriate level.

There was only 1 kinda hard fight against a Balance boss before I got Spectral Blast, but I just used the Ice Spells I had from training Tower Shield against him. Once you get Spectral it's pretty easy though.

I haven't had issues with shields yet except in groups where it really wasn't an issue. But yeah, I'm collecting Pierce/Shatter/Cleanse cards now. I'm not sure if there's a pet that can help with this, but there is always Armor Piercing as well. I like Armor Piercing better than Crit for PvE because Crit isn't dependable anyway, but piercing is.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
yeah it's pretty difficult because balance is kinda designed to be a support school and they aren't the best hitters and/or solo'rs so it's always helpful if you have a questing buddy

Survivor
Jan 03, 2018
lachlan905cp on Feb 20, 2018 wrote:
yeah it's pretty difficult because balance is kinda designed to be a support school and they aren't the best hitters and/or solo'rs so it's always helpful if you have a questing buddy
I don't know about all levels, but I wouldn't call it weak.

There are times in the low 20s, right before you get Spectral Blast and Judgement that are a little lame, but Spectral Blast is darn powerful and Judgement is... Judgement.

As with all things, gear can make a big difference. If you farm Hollow Mountain and Mount Olympus ASAP you'll be more than powerful in your late 20s and 30s.

Right now (level 33) with Whirlwind I can easily hit for over 1,000 on one target and over 600 on the others in 2 or 3 turns with Feint and the +30% Balance Blade from the Hollow Mountain Amulet, also with decent gear.

My biggest Judgement has been over 4K using Feint, 2 blades Hex and a bunch of pips. I wasn't maxed out on pips so it can go higher.

On top of that Balance has the second most health after Ice and great accuracy. I'm at 95% accuracy in partial Zeus gear and some other stuff. I've had over 2K health by level 32.

Between Whirlwind, Judgement and Spectral Blast with level 30 gear all the level 40 content and lower is easily soloed. By level 31 I was fully soloing Hollow Mountain, including the final boss and it wasn't even that hard. Usually only needed to use 1 potion before the final boss.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2018
Also, there is the Piranha Hunter pet, which is technically a "PvP" pet, but it drops from a boss and can be used in PvE. This pet is loaded up with shield removing talents as well as 2 Dragonspear cards. I'm eventually going to go for this pet myself.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Piranha_Hunter