Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Rat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I would suggest using Team-Up to get through this battle. It's a lot easier if you go in a group.

This battle has complicated cheats, so be aware of them. Here's a guide to study before you try to fight the Rat. (Note that his health was reduced to 35,000 a year ago!)

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?455251-Hold-It!-A-Guide-to-the-Rasputin-Final-Battle

There's a four-round strategy that works really well as long as everyone on the team knows their role and works together:

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/wizard101-rasputin-farming-4-rounds/

If you try team-up and still can't get by the Rat after several tries, post back and hopefully we can cobble a team together from these boards.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
tried several times of just myself and a friend. We can't get anyone to help us! We have asked serval lvl 125 wizards in the commons but they refuse to help! My friend has 5 wizards stuck at this point, I have one but will soon have 2. Mine is a Balance wizard lvl 117. We have done the research that you listed, we need help! We can't get a team together and there is no instructions on how to get a request posted on the Kiosk in old town!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
Be glad to help you get through the Rat. Have a friend who is also willing to help. Sat or Sun afternoon 5:00 CST if you haven't found any help. Let us know.

Moira 125 125 125

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I can help you as well.

Also, if your friend wants to log in their various wizards who are stuck, one after the other, we can try to get them through this stupid Rat all in one day.

And KI ... if you're monitoring these threads, please consider how many players you're losing quietly when casual players hit this roadblock with no hope in sight. Rasputin is no longer a popular farming instance, which makes it nearly impossible for people to find the coordinated team of four needed to pass this boss. Rasputin's cheat cycles coupled with his impervious minions are all TOO MUCH for a mainline quest that everyone needs to get past in order to keep playing.

The late-arriving casuals who can't find a team probably won't post here, they'll just give up and leave.

The hard core have had their fun and have moved on to Medulla and the Beastman Fightclub. Isn't it about time to let stragglers forced to solo or duo have a chance to get past the Rat...?

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
James and I are hard core players my Balance wizard is 9 years old next month my Life was 9 years old last Nov! We've been playing ever since we saw the ad on TV. We met on Wizards 101! Give me a time in cst a place and a realm to met and we will be there and if we can get James wizards all through that would be awesome! His wizards are all named James, my Balance is Sydney Soulmender ! THANK you so much!!!

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
James can't do it this weekend it's his birthday and family has plans for him both days. We can do it any day through the week or next weekend. Please give me a day, time in cst and a realm how about WU and meet at the outside of the Rat?

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
Can help you Monday afternoon at 5:00 CST, Wu Realm outside of the Rat dungeon. We will be there unless something comes up between now and then or you post you guys can't make it at that time. It will be Brandon and Moira either on or . Hope to see you there

Moira

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Monday at 5 CST works great! Wu realm we'll be there James has 5 wizards stuck there so not sure which one he will bring mine will be Sydney Soulmender Thank you so very much! We have always helped other players when they ask for help, we were shocked that we couldn't get anyone to help us. So thank you again for your help!

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I'm sorry but I found out that James can't make it today at 1:00 CST as we planned. James has had something come up with his grandkids. Yeah James and I are adults and have been playing for years. I don't have a wizard at the point of " The Rat" my storm is on the beach my other four are not even that far. Thank you once again for your help. I'll be at the meeting spot in case you don't get this in time.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Hey Moira James and I can make it any evening this week between 6-7:00 pm CST. James is unavailable this weekend. Just let me know which evening works and tell your better half thank you for noticing Sydney's improvements had to go up a lvl to do them.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
Let's try for Wed evening at 6:00, if you can't make it we will try for Thursday. Wu Realm 6:00 CST
Moira

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I'd suggest just going into team up. The rat is very easy if you have a solid hitter and a person to kill the minions. I have been farming him a lot this week for a deck so I may see in team up if you join in.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
use the team up feature, you'll easily be able to find max level wizards that are willing to help you as well as people on the same quest as you (which means you could even potentially quest with them, making the game much more fun!)

Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
can anyone help me with polaris the rat i cant find anyone and am looking to beat it today

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I got my Balance wizard through this quest with help from posting here. I now have my storm and my friend has his Ice. We tried to do this by ourselves and failed could someone please help us with this quest?

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Is there anyone out there that would be willing to help with this quest? Please let me know

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Draco14 on Feb 4, 2018 wrote:
I need help to complete the quest the rat can someone help me?
After losing first battle with the Rat, I attempted to take a break due to fact this is a long long long dungeon!!! I want to know is there any way to get back to Rat without having to go through beginning where I have to get back into tunnel and battle again. I just want to get to the Rat?? And why is this so ridiculously long!!! I am so close to ending my 9 years with Wizard 101 due to not so well thought out glitches.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2013
I just got to this battle and figured some research was in order. I have no friends in the game atm and expect I am sistu now without help. I will be on most of July 6 if anyone wants to join.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I am having absolutely no luck defeating the rat. I need help, I am Laura starflame lvl 117. I agree KI has made this ridiculously hard especially if trying to do this alone. I have gone thru to many minions trying to do this. I am in est so hopefully some of you can help. Thanks

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
rosaheissen on Aug 6, 2018 wrote:
I am having absolutely no luck defeating the rat. I need help, I am Laura starflame lvl 117. I agree KI has made this ridiculously hard especially if trying to do this alone. I have gone thru to many minions trying to do this. I am in est so hopefully some of you can help. Thanks
I'm happy to help

What school are you? What is your usual availability?

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Hi Fireheart. I am a fire school with some storm and health. I am free this Sunday after 12pm est. when can you help?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
rosaheissen on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
Hi Fireheart. I am a fire school with some storm and health. I am free this Sunday after 12pm est. when can you help?
Awesome, I can meet you outside the Bazaar, Dworgyn realm Sunday 1pm Eastern Time (6pm UK). I'll be on Melissa Stormheart...we'll beat that rat!

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009