Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Need Help With My Class...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2014
It's been about 3 Years since I've been starting and restarting the ever longing cycle that I have been going through. I used to have a Wizard in Avalon until It accidentally got deleted thus started my cycle. This cycle has been consisted of me making a Wizard seeing a class that looked cooler and I wanted to be instead, and making a new Wizard. I've done this so much I haven't gotten through the first arc in about a year and a half. I want to find a class that I can have so much fun playing with and never gets old. Please if you reply can you state a fun class and why you like this class?

Thanks

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I started with a Life Wizard back in '09 and made it as far as 1/2 way through Marleybone before events transpired that took me away from W101. Restarted a new Life Wizard in '16 and have him about 2/3 done with Azteca.

Why did I pick Life? Honestly because of the school color.

Why did I stick with Life? Because in all the paper and pencil RPGs I've played, I've always been the Cleric/Healer. It's a role I understand and enjoy.

I guess the question is what DO YOU enjoy as a play aspect?

Soloing? - Storm
Being part of Team? - Balance
Blasting everything in your path? - Ice
Helping Others? - Life

Fire, Myth and Death hold elements of each of those traits. Now mind you, I've always played a Life Wizard, take some advice from others on the board who have actually played in the other schools.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jan 03, 2018
Balance is the most diverse school IMO. It can play pretty much any role, does well solo and does well in groups and has the most variety of spells.

Storm is the most powerful school. Arguably the easiest to solo with, the fastest to level up, but a bit one dimensional, however power is fun.

Death has many people that like it and it does have strong points, but I find the class a bit dull and the low damage a bit boring personally. But it is a good class.

Life has too much healing IMO. I mean healing is good, but IMO Life healing is excessive. I think Balance makes a much better group support class than Life and Balance solos much better.

Ice, meh. Again I think Balance is better. Balance with Tower Shields is better at tanking that Ice IMO.

Myth is good, but I like Storm better. Myth does have some nice and interesting spells though with Stuns and Double attacks and Charm removals, etc.

Fire, IMO, is a good but weaker version of Storm.

It's hard to go wrong with Balance IMO.