Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Favorite and Least Favorite Worlds!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
Make a list of your favorite and least favorite worlds.
My favorites are: Grizzleheim, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, and Avalon.
My least favorites are: Krokotopia, Celestia, and Zafaria.
How about you guys? What worlds do you like/dislike the most?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
But I'll still comment.

Favorites:

• Mooshu - Who doesn't like Mooshu? This world gave me the breath of fresh air I was so desperately seeking! The scenery, mobs, quests and let's not forget; the lovely swords the world had to offer was definitely a W in my book. The world wasn't too long, nor was it too short, it was just right.
  • Wizard City - Honestly, I appreciate how easy things are here. You can only really appreciate this once you start getting criticaled in the worlds to come. So, that said, I now have a special place for WC in my
  • Polaris - Having been to Russia, I had to extend my kudos to KI's well thought out themed world. After the soul depleting world of Khrysalis, I was hoping that this world would be tremendously shorter than it's predecessor and it was!
  • Mirage - Before and After being nerfed, I still like this world. The NPC's here are better actors than most of what we see on TV nowadays!
  • Grizzleheim & Wintertusk - Love Wintertusk more. The world is easy, nice, short and very rewarding. It's like an awesome sandwich :D Very filling! You know? While I do like Grizzleheim too, the low experience here makes it rather annoying to quest here.

Least Favorite:

• Khrysalis - Goodness I highly despise this world! I can't think of anything I enjoy here. Long, dark and grueling, it was like an ever lasting nightmare that I couldn't seem to wake up from!
  • Azteca - While the scenery here is nice, it's just too long. The bosses mastering two schools didn't help either and so did the low rate of collecting items here!
  • Avalon - I can't see the reason why persons like here so much. Sure, the concept is cool, but, to me, it got old fast. Just found here rather annoying. Scenery and the rain here was a nice tough though!
  • Marleybone - Does anyone actually like this world?
  • Dragonspyre - Too many towers! This world was just a pain to complete!

Explorer
May 20, 2012
Favorites are the original Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre. After that my they drop lower one world at a time.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Star Edward on Dec 8, 2017 wrote:
But I'll still comment.

Favorites:

• Mooshu - Who doesn't like Mooshu? This world gave me the breath of fresh air I was so desperately seeking! The scenery, mobs, quests and let's not forget; the lovely swords the world had to offer was definitely a W in my book. The world wasn't too long, nor was it too short, it was just right.
  • Wizard City - Honestly, I appreciate how easy things are here. You can only really appreciate this once you start getting criticaled in the worlds to come. So, that said, I now have a special place for WC in my
  • Polaris - Having been to Russia, I had to extend my kudos to KI's well thought out themed world. After the soul depleting world of Khrysalis, I was hoping that this world would be tremendously shorter than it's predecessor and it was!
  • Mirage - Before and After being nerfed, I still like this world. The NPC's here are better actors than most of what we see on TV nowadays!
  • Grizzleheim & Wintertusk - Love Wintertusk more. The world is easy, nice, short and very rewarding. It's like an awesome sandwich :D Very filling! You know? While I do like Grizzleheim too, the low experience here makes it rather annoying to quest here.

Least Favorite:

• Khrysalis - Goodness I highly despise this world! I can't think of anything I enjoy here. Long, dark and grueling, it was like an ever lasting nightmare that I couldn't seem to wake up from!
  • Azteca - While the scenery here is nice, it's just too long. The bosses mastering two schools didn't help either and so did the low rate of collecting items here!
  • Avalon - I can't see the reason why persons like here so much. Sure, the concept is cool, but, to me, it got old fast. Just found here rather annoying. Scenery and the rain here was a nice tough though!
  • Marleybone - Does anyone actually like this world?
  • Dragonspyre - Too many towers! This world was just a pain to complete!
Yes, I like Marleybone. But then I've always been a sucker for Steampunk.

Though I like it a LOT better now than when I tried to get through back in 2010. The larger "sidewalks" have made this world go from ARRRGH to Ayyye

I'm loving the Monty Python references in Avalon.

The color scheme and unchanging ruins of Dragonspyre leave me flat. I dislike going back there for any reason.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
I don't absolutely hate any of the worlds. There are just others I like better.

Favorite Worlds Based on Theme- Krokotopia, Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, Mirage, and Empyrea.

Least Favorite Worlds Based on Theme- Dragonspyre and Mooshu

Favorite Worlds Based On Storyline- Marleybone, Avalon, Polaris, Mirage, and Empyrea.

Gavin Nightwhisper lvl 125

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Grizzleheim/Wintertusk and Polaris are my favorites. I also like Avalon a lot. Azteca is my least favorite.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
mythgal45 on Dec 7, 2017 wrote:
Make a list of your favorite and least favorite worlds.
My favorites are: Grizzleheim, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, and Avalon.
My least favorites are: Krokotopia, Celestia, and Zafaria.
How about you guys? What worlds do you like/dislike the most?
My favorites in order are Khrysalis, Empyrea, Azteca, Mirage, and Wintertusk. I love the story in these worlds, and I also loved the length. If Empyrea Part 2 is as good as I'm expecting it to be (and I see Neumia as a zone), then it'll probably pass Khrysalis as my favorite world.

Least favorites in order are: Polaris, Marleybone, Celestia, and Wizard City. I hate Polaris sooooo much, and I literally want to quit the game whenever I'm questing through it, because it is nothing compared to questing through Khrysalis. The only reason I force myself to quest through it is because I know Mirage and Empyrea are up next :/ Marleybone and Celestia are just depressing, and Wizard City is always torture going through again on a new Wizard :P

Survivor
May 11, 2015
Love: I personally love Avalon because of the cheerful music it has. It’s not offputting by night. It’s basically day all the time over there.
Hate: I hate Celestia because it’s a drag for me having to fight these crustaceans over and over again.
Kinda hated Mooshu because of all the cows and Ronin what nots.

That’s it from me.

Madison FirePyre

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
@star edward who doesn't like mooshu? me!

top 3 worlds (descending):

dragonspyre
avalon
empyrea

bottom 3 (descending):

khrysalis
mooshu
celestia

the music in mirage is pretty epic. but i completed it pre-nerf and probably would have passed out from stress if i didn't have friends to do it with.

i wanted to love darkmoor too~ the design, music, story, etc. are absolutely gorgeous, but my dislike of long cheaty instances cancelled out any redeeming qualities it had. even my undead husband couldn't save this one for me.

(sorry, mally~ i love your face and spiffy outfit, but just no.)

-von

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Favorites : Avalon, Khrysalis (although these two dragged on for ages, the world design and storyline made the length tolerable), Mirage, Polaris (in no order/rank)
Least Favorites : Zafaria, Dragonspyre, Azteca, Celestia (no actual hate/reason for disliking these worlds, just the not-so-great experiences and lonely memories I have of myself questing in these four worlds have made it my least favorites lol) (in no order/rank)

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
I haven't unlocked all the world yet, I've only made it so far all the way up to Avalon. But here are my Favorites and Least favorites so far:

Favorite: Dragonspyre
I feel questing in Dragonspyre was the most enjoyable world for me to play. It wasn't too easy, and it wasn't too hard.

Least Favorite: Krokotopia
Krokotopia was a little challenging for me, and I feel it took me really long to finish. All the riddles and puzzles that you have to solve during dungeons, it gets challenging and a little frustrating.
Another world I didn't like so much was Zafaria. There were way too many defeat and collect quests, and it was also really frustrating because every time I was going to complete a quest, I would run into battle with other enemies by accident