Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Abominable Weaver-Nerf!

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
jonathan2693 on Nov 20, 2017 wrote:
Nerfing one spell isnt gonna fix everything i agree. But it sure will eliminate the fact that ice can't be dominant without it,Point is everything is a start and i guarantee you school such as storm,life,death and fire even myth will get a better chance of claiming the top.The ice metta needs to go and if your mentioning about buffs i believe by this time to make everything fair every school needs a 4-5 pip over time spell that does sufficient amount of damage.Dot runs pvp as far as i can tell. Not even gonna mentioning the unstoppable burning rampage from first.People will complain but its about time all the ice bias realize other schools deserve a chance at the number 1 spot. buffing health neutral resistance and increasing pierce.
Actually, in order to start addressing Ice's dominance the health gap between schools need to start decreasing. At lvl 125 an Ice is sitting at 9k-10k health while storm is barely scratching 5k-5.5k health. That's a 5k health difference which is absolutely absurd. Ice should have the highest health but the gaps between it's health and other school health should not be nearly as high. In order to fix the schools health should look something like this at current max lvl(125)

Ice- 9k-10k
Life- 8.0k-9.0k
Balance/Death- 7.5k-8.5k
Myth/Fire-7k-8k
Storm-6.5k-7.5k

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 20, 2017 wrote:
Actually, in order to start addressing Ice's dominance the health gap between schools need to start decreasing. At lvl 125 an Ice is sitting at 9k-10k health while storm is barely scratching 5k-5.5k health. That's a 5k health difference which is absolutely absurd. Ice should have the highest health but the gaps between it's health and other school health should not be nearly as high. In order to fix the schools health should look something like this at current max lvl(125)

Ice- 9k-10k
Life- 8.0k-9.0k
Balance/Death- 7.5k-8.5k
Myth/Fire-7k-8k
Storm-6.5k-7.5k
I actually agree with this one. Even though if an ice is able to get to 10,000 health (10,000 hp!!!) then every other school needs a giant buff in their new shadow spells in emperya or something to go up against something like that.

An ice with 10k health plus weaver? No thank you. I might as well just flee the battle if in a 1v1 with one of those xD

I do have a max ice as well, and I am not going to be bias for it because I know first hand that I have an upper advantage. Especially if I have a life mastery on it (Which I do).

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Why do people always wanna take from Ice?

I just got my stuff, and ya wanna take it away.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014

Ice- 9k-10k
Life- 8.0k-9.0k
Balance/Death- 7.5k-8.5k
Myth/Fire-7k-8k
Storm-6.5k-7.5k
Just to toss in, lvl 120 storm's health is a lvl 60's ice health

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
It may be true ice has too much health and weaver has simple fixes and all the people who said we need too get the other schools at least a 10% boost are really right however why doesn't anyone think of just nerfing our power pip chance or damage because if you 2v2 2 wizards one attack and the other a tank if one shields the attacker and s/he blades up you can really be vurnerable too dieing depending on what spell they use because I don't need much too hit 4/8k damage and i'm lvl 86 only a ,, will have the upper hand by that....

Survivor
Aug 17, 2015
Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
Hm, I think ice is fine how it is except in 1v1, there we are indomitable, heck I soloed the shadowock, wasn't easy but I managed it cause it was way less of a headache than working with a team. Thing is our health is made to work in pve, now that doesn't always mean the situation gets changed up as if a person joins I'm always set to win. But when it's 2v1, especially when one of the other guys is storm, that health is a lot less of a buff. But I say that as someone not sporting perfect gear or anything close to that so take it with a grain of salt, but fighting with our current health seems fine. Ice I mean the other classes can have anything they want in terms of health that doesn't concern me. I also wanna ask, is Monstrology allowed in pvp? I'm thinking of grabbing a couple baane summons and having fun in a tournament.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
camahawk on Nov 21, 2017 wrote:
Just to toss in, lvl 120 storm's health is a lvl 60's ice health
But storm hits really hard. Mobs that my Ice had a slow time with, my Storm cut through like a hot knife through a cold stick of butter.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
SparkleTude on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
But storm hits really hard. Mobs that my Ice had a slow time with, my Storm cut through like a hot knife through a cold stick of butter.
Yes storm hits hard but at max lvl, especially in pvp- the damage in no way compensates for the absolutely ridiculous 4-5k health gap.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I don't PVP but in a really hard boss battle I was questing with a storm lower level than me and health seemed comparable and they hung in at least equally, with no extra shields etc. IDK

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
SparkleTude on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
I don't PVP but in a really hard boss battle I was questing with a storm lower level than me and health seemed comparable and they hung in at least equally, with no extra shields etc. IDK
Pvp and Pve are hugely different beasts. In pvp you will be facing the best gear and stats available in game. As seen in my reply to Dr. Von: stats she didn't think were possible are standard in the arena. In this kind of gear- there is no possible way storm's health is comparable to Ice.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Ok.... Let's lose the 75% shield.... I either want Weaver to be AOE, or casts 50% legion shield...

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
Fred Frost on Nov 20, 2017 wrote:
It shouldn't get nerfed, just shrike and the shield goes to 0, if weaver needs a nerf why doesnt efreet? Its debuff is way stronger and is not pierce able. Every school has spells that are power full and considered really good in pvp. Ice really only has weaver. Balance has, Lore master mana burn super nova gaze of fate. Lore master is more overpowered then weaver. Super nova shouldnt even do damage, because getting rid of an aura for only two pips is enough, the fact that with an enchant its 835 and gets rid of an aura for only two pips is crazy. Thats more damage then storms two pip lightning bats. Weaver doesnt need a nerf its like ices only really good spell, balance and fire have lots of pvp good spells like efreet burning rampage, myth has medusa stuns for two rounds in that time you can feint and snake charmer for almost 5k. My point is that every school has spells that are considered op. If your having a hard time fighting ice wizards get ice ward, it weakens ice allot, or come up with a strategy to over come that spell, shrike before you hit, or use over times, or double hits like gaze of fate and minitour. Dont give up you can over come the school that your having a hard time against. If it gets nerfed then the argument that a ton of other spells should be nerfed as well, all of them are more viable.
Then you aren't aware of why ice is on the number one spot on the statistic chart.and why balance is third.
Health resist combo spells vs spams.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017

Ice- 9k-10k
Life- 8.0k-9.0k
Balance/Death- 7.5k-8.5k
Myth/Fire-7k-8k
Storm-6.5k-7.5k
Not only that but the base pierce of lower tier school such as myth, death and storm should be buffed to a base of 50% and up to 60% resist.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
SparkleTude on Nov 21, 2017 wrote:
Why do people always wanna take from Ice?

I just got my stuff, and ya wanna take it away.
Then am assuming you don't pvp and your not even aware of the current meta. Your statement is irrelevant.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
Pouffy23 on Nov 21, 2017 wrote:
I actually agree with this one. Even though if an ice is able to get to 10,000 health (10,000 hp!!!) then every other school needs a giant buff in their new shadow spells in emperya or something to go up against something like that.

An ice with 10k health plus weaver? No thank you. I might as well just flee the battle if in a 1v1 with one of those xD

I do have a max ice as well, and I am not going to be bias for it because I know first hand that I have an upper advantage. Especially if I have a life mastery on it (Which I do).
Another thing to note Ice can heal who ever said they can't must not know of life masteries.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
samuel032907 on Nov 21, 2017 wrote:
It may be true ice has too much health and weaver has simple fixes and all the people who said we need too get the other schools at least a 10% boost are really right however why doesn't anyone think of just nerfing our power pip chance or damage because if you 2v2 2 wizards one attack and the other a tank if one shields the attacker and s/he blades up you can really be vurnerable too dieing depending on what spell they use because I don't need much too hit 4/8k damage and i'm lvl 86 only a ,, will have the upper hand by that....
Most ice pvp duelist either depend on jade healers and go full assault, or become tanks in pairs with mass hitters such as storm, fire or balance, while able to have the potential of absorbing damages through the shadow sentinel spell.Its a common strategy now a days.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
Nitelytes on Nov 21, 2017 wrote:
No! challenges are good.
Challenges are good when it becomes fair play. A level 1 with no stats facing a max 125 is no challenge, the inevitable defeat of level 1's and inevitable victory of max level that is how things works.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
piratical505 on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
Hm, I think ice is fine how it is except in 1v1, there we are indomitable, heck I soloed the shadowock, wasn't easy but I managed it cause it was way less of a headache than working with a team. Thing is our health is made to work in pve, now that doesn't always mean the situation gets changed up as if a person joins I'm always set to win. But when it's 2v1, especially when one of the other guys is storm, that health is a lot less of a buff. But I say that as someone not sporting perfect gear or anything close to that so take it with a grain of salt, but fighting with our current health seems fine. Ice I mean the other classes can have anything they want in terms of health that doesn't concern me. I also wanna ask, is Monstrology allowed in pvp? I'm thinking of grabbing a couple baane summons and having fun in a tournament.
No they arent alowed in pvp so does rank 5 minions. In reply to your statement , the topic was more focus on pvp than pve.Pvp is the issue pve isnt.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
SparkleTude on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
Again the issue isn't that storm can obliterate anything in pvp, its the fact that it can get obliterated in pvp by fire, ice or balance without any full strategies due to health difference.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
Pvp and Pve are hugely different beasts. In pvp you will be facing the best gear and stats available in game. As seen in my reply to Dr. Von: stats she didn't think were possible are standard in the arena. In this kind of gear- there is no possible way storm's health is comparable to Ice.
Not to mention the equal par of damage ice can do now even with their so called shadow reliant.But as far as setting and standard ward pet goes things are seeming to overturn a little bit. Which brings to my setting of a truly pay to win game.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
camahawk on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
Ok.... Let's lose the 75% shield.... I either want Weaver to be AOE, or casts 50% legion shield...
If you are aware of the spell designs you would realize why ice started of with single aoe single aoe selection.The design on the spells were specifically chosen to meet the cause.As far as damage vs effect a spell like that should allow other schools to by pass it to some extent. So i wouldn't mind 50% shield as for aoe legion shield would have to be 40%.
Am also still in accord of giving them a 40% ice blade after effect to use effectively with other blades. In par of having a nuke spell and getting a shield off that its kind of a bit to over powered.Due to health and resist ice should be planning before damaging, Abominable weaver covered both aspects.