Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Personalize Casting Motions

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Since we can now personalize our victory dances I figured it would be a good idea to personalize another animation of ours, our spell casting motion.

For wands we draw the symbol of the spell’s school then I guess whack the symbol?

For staffs we toss up into the air, making it flip, grab it, jab the bottom into the ground then wave it to the side

For hand-held objects we lift them into the air and press the school symbol out with our left hand

For bows, they levitate into the air and we press the school symbol out with both hands then catch the bow as it comes back down

For spears we do a really cool spin move where we pass it around our body and then stab it outwards

I’d really like to personalize the way I cast my spells.

I use a staff that’s stitched with “Lost Horizon” I’d like to be able to make my character move in a different way when casting a spell. I’d like to see him spin the staff in his hands around his body like he would a spear or maybe make his staff levitate above him then drop back down to his hand.

For hand held objects like the road warrior skulls, I’d like to see them swirl around us like the Lore Master’s book as she attacks.

It just kinda feels boring watching the same exact casting animations over and over and over.

I love to personalize characters as much as I can.

Anyone else wanna add more flare to their wizard's animations?

~Wolf Nightbreeze~

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
CaptainAureus on Oct 26, 2017 wrote:
Since we can now personalize our victory dances I figured it would be a good idea to personalize another animation of ours, our spell casting motion.

For wands we draw the symbol of the spell’s school then I guess whack the symbol?

For staffs we toss up into the air, making it flip, grab it, jab the bottom into the ground then wave it to the side

For hand-held objects we lift them into the air and press the school symbol out with our left hand

For bows, they levitate into the air and we press the school symbol out with both hands then catch the bow as it comes back down

For spears we do a really cool spin move where we pass it around our body and then stab it outwards

I’d really like to personalize the way I cast my spells.

I use a staff that’s stitched with “Lost Horizon” I’d like to be able to make my character move in a different way when casting a spell. I’d like to see him spin the staff in his hands around his body like he would a spear or maybe make his staff levitate above him then drop back down to his hand.

For hand held objects like the road warrior skulls, I’d like to see them swirl around us like the Lore Master’s book as she attacks.

It just kinda feels boring watching the same exact casting animations over and over and over.

I love to personalize characters as much as I can.

Anyone else wanna add more flare to their wizard's animations?

~Wolf Nightbreeze~
Good idea. Only problem: How?

I mean, let's say you currently have a staff and want to use a floating wand animation. How would this work?

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
I 100% agree. I have never liked the casting animation for staffs. I think that they should look different as well. I like the way Malistaire used his staff in darkmoor :)

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Maybe we make this a famous message board and post as much ideas for king isle /person??? i'd say 1 idea every person
I want hand bows too have an animation where the arrows appear and fly around you then hit the casting symbol and hand held depending on type like the road warrior skull it can hover over the ground where you held it and fire will come out off it's eyes and ext. and engulf the casting symbol