Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lore Master Drops need to be fixed!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
Now I know drops are more or less luck, but KI really needs to do something to address the problems with drops. I have many stories about endless farming for things like the Morganthe amulet, (It took me a year to get) and so does everyone else. However my biggest issue is with Lore Master. I have been farming Lore Master for 4 or 5 years off and on and have NEVER had a spell drop and we are easily talking way over a 1,000 runs combined across all my wizards. I have been doing some hardcore farming on her for the past couple of weeks, probably over 500 runs easy and not had a single spell drop. Everyone else I have farmed with has got at least one some more. Now I was farming last night and in a two hour span a player I was farming with got three Lore spells, again I have NEVER had a single spell drop over YEARS. Something has to be fundamentally wrong with their system for this to occur. I feel like I am being DISCRIMINATED AGAINST by KI, because I am a CROWS player?. I think for things like this if a spell drops it should drop for the entire team. Drops is one of the biggest frustrations in the game and one of the reasons many have left. Spending 100's of hours with no return for that time is a recipe for failure.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I've been a subscriber for years and I've never gotten anything from the Loremaster either.

Most of the spells can be crafted, as long as you've completed the Zafarian crafting level. In fact, if there's a particular spell you're wanting I'd suggest crafting as a much better route to getting it because, despite the hard work involved, you're going to get exactly what you set out for. Even when the Loremaster does drop spells, it's completely random - so there's no guarantee you'd want or be able to use the spell that you do get from her.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
If the player said he got three Lore spells, he was talking about treasure cards, not the actual spell. You can't get a spell drop more than once of the same spell.

Don't worry, you're not being discriminated against. Spells drops are incredibly hard to get for everyone and I believe the drop rate is .5% which is minuscule. It is also completely random, no single player is being rewarded over another.

I did gets some spell drops but not my school so I ended up crafting them which, in my opinion, is much more fun.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
Drop rates are not .5%. Thats insanely high. 1/200. Kingsisle never has, never will release any drop rate for anything, as stated multiple times. On the other hand, KI would never discriminate you because you're a crowns player. Thats absurd! When you think about it, crowns players spend more and spend more time on the game. Some people will get the spell they want the first time, others perhaps, the ten thousandth try. I've only ever gotten Handsome Fomori on my necromancer. Crafting the spell is hands down best option if you want a certain spell.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Ive think that the lore master is a impossible/nearly impossible because her drop rate is like 2.3 percent and when your in a group its divided into 4 that's 0.575 I think that if you solo it you will have a better chance of getting the cards but ive been farmming her for the past 2 months and all I got is lore master her self and I soloed it so give that a try.

Jacob fireblood 77 balance

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Kaipie1432 on Nov 25, 2017 wrote:
Ive think that the lore master is a impossible/nearly impossible because her drop rate is like 2.3 percent and when your in a group its divided into 4 that's 0.575 I think that if you solo it you will have a better chance of getting the cards but ive been farmming her for the past 2 months and all I got is lore master her self and I soloed it so give that a try.

Jacob fireblood 77 balance
Her drop rate is lower than 2%. Much lower.

Also, the drop rate is an unchanging statistic that is always the same no matter how many times you fight her; no matter if you hit her or not; no matter how many or how few wizards are in the battle ring with you. Nothing you do during the battle will change your chances of getting a drop. The only thing that matters is you being alive at the end of the battle.

I say that not to be rude, but just to give a reality check.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Rowan Firegarden on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
If the player said he got three Lore spells, he was talking about treasure cards, not the actual spell. You can't get a spell drop more than once of the same spell.

Don't worry, you're not being discriminated against. Spells drops are incredibly hard to get for everyone and I believe the drop rate is .5% which is minuscule. It is also completely random, no single player is being rewarded over another.

I did gets some spell drops but not my school so I ended up crafting them which, in my opinion, is much more fun.
Probably different spells.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
All I ever got from Loremaster was the Catalan spell, a very nice storm spell, but I'm a death wiz.
I really wanted the Deer Knight, but that never dropped. As others have said, you should really look into crafting the spell you especially want. It is difficult, but I know it won't take you 5 years to gather the reagents.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2016
Lore dose give spells but there is a trick to it. Its like a glitch, I never got spells ether, and I farmed for a year, then one day I needed gold, so what I did was farm from noon to midnight non stop. And what happened? I started getting spells from lore every time on the first of the month around noon and allot more around midnight. That's all I know, and I got more spells then most think lore gives. So far she gives 28 spells as far as I know, and she is still giving me spells. I think it is not the same for everyone but its just a matter of getting her to start giving the spells to you. Try farming her in odd ways. Like the time or the day of the week and see what happens. Good Luck All.

Delver
May 29, 2009
I just did a whole weekend of farming Loremaster on 7 accounts. It was a two-fer for me because some of my wizards were assisting via the Team Up option and others were asking for assistance thru Team Up. Loremaster was being VERY generous and in the Christmas spirit because she dropped loads of spells namely Krampus!

Account 1:
Myth-Krampus, Pigsie, Lord of Night, & Piglets (spent most time on her trying for ANY myth spell; Athena, Keeper, Ninja Pigs)
Storm-Pigsie, Deer Knight, Krampus

Account 2:
Life-Krampus

Account 3:
Death-Catalan (spent all day yesterday trying for Lord of Night or Deer Knight)
Ice-Krampus

Account 4:
Storm-Ninja Pigs, Krampus
Balance-Krampus

Account 5:
Fire-Krampus
Myth-Krampus

Account 6:
Fire-Loremaster (spent most of the time on her trying to get Krampus or Brimstone Revenent)
Myth-Krampus
Life-Krampus

Account 7:
Fire-Krampus

As you can see Krampus dropped most frequently but here is the breakdown of the spells dropped in a 3 day period:

x10 Krampus x2 Pigsies 1 Lord of Night 1 Catalan 1 Ninja Pigs 1 Ninja Piglets 1 Loremaster 1 Deer Knight

Even though I didn't get the spells on the correct wizard, I shall not give up. My legion shall prevail!!!

Good luck & happy spellcasting! :)

~SM~