Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-15-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday! When it's Friday, it's time for a new topic, so here it is!

This week, let's talk about those Hoard and Lore packs. What would make the next CCG Pack an A+? What is your favorite CCG pack that we've released? Is it the look of the mount, the stats on the gear, or something else?

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Well you can consider leaving out the +1 snacks and common housing items you can readily purchase at the bazaar, there is nothing worse than opening a pack that has items you can sell for about 100 gold xD!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
A pvp oriented pack would be great. Barriers to entry to pvp are really, really high for newcomers. Many have no hope to compete with established wizs with commander/warlord gear. Gear that models commander/warlord gear with minor stat reductions would be great. For the higher levels- gear that mimics dm gear would be ideal.

Spells are another popular addition. Spells oriented to pvp would be even more popular as pve tends to revolve around high damage aoes. Our last pvp utility spell update was avalon- a pack offers an oppurtunity to add multiple utility spells.

Finally a decent drop rate is a big plus for a pack. One of the biggest things that made the professors hoard popular was its amazing drop rate.

Combine these factors along with making the avalilable spells craftable and you have a winner.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I would like the next pack to involve crafting in some way. Maybe a crafting hoard pack? You could get several useful items such as socket wrenches, jewels, and rare reagents. The biggest draw would be exclusive recipes for new crafted houses and mounts. If you got a recipe from the pack it would automatically appear in your recipe section.

I'm a big fan of the Halloween packs because the gear looks great, and the mounts are cool as well. The Christmas packs are great too.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
i like a lot of the packs in the game, i really don't have a favorite, but I would like a lot of the old packs to be upgraded to have lvl 120 gear. i've noticed a lot of them don't.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Adding the Shard-Tail Dragon Pet into the Pack.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
If the next pack was the Arcanum's Hoard Pack it would be awesome, and I would definitely be spending hours farming for gear. It would be just like the Professor's Hoard Pack but with stuff from the Arcanum, including looking like your school's scholar.

Daniel

Champion Necromancer

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015
The ones you have are fine and great...IF...when they drop gear it's ACTUALLY something you can use school-related! Even when you pour your crowns into them it will massively repeat unusable gear that is nowhere near usable for the character you need it for! It's a waste of crowns. It HAS to be some kind of digital waste to you guys because all we can do with it is feed our fat pets. So you guys are dropping just as unusable gear. We lose interest in buying because of the heartbreak when you spend 10K in crowns and didn't get anything usable.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Before working on the next big pack, my BIGGEST suggestion is to improve existing packs and bundles to update the gear that already exist up to the current max level (at the time of the new max level when it's increased). Also, every time you give us a new max level, make sure all those packs are updated as well. Yes, I know, that is a LOT of work, I get it, but the current packs should be continued to be updated. Older packs should not be ignored simply because they're older.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
I stole this from a user named camahawk but its a great idea

Every pack has gear, some gear looks great, but getting it to match your attire is difficult, so how about adding a drop that has 0 stats, no auction... But is fully dye-able.... Even toss a pack that's literally nothing but 0 stat gear from bundles, packs, insignia, etc.... call it Stitchers galore pack.... No pets, mounts, no gear stats... Just wands, hats, robes, boots...

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
The Halloween packs definitely, October being my favorite month and Halloween being my favorite, the Nightmare Pack, Harrowing Nightmare Pack and Gloomthorn Nightmare Pack are all a HUGE YES to me. I love everything about them, their dark spooky nature, the Halloween themed items, the great designed of the outfits and mounts, theres really nothing I don't like about them.

I would love to see a Sleepy Hollow themed pack where we can actually get the armor and weapon and pumpkin head of the headless horseman and even his horse mount that leaves fiery brimstone footprints as it runs. I'd also love to have the clothes of Ichabod Crane like his coat with long tails and his hat.

~Wolf Nightbreeze~

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I would love it if there was a pack where you were guaranteed 1 awesome thing and then got six random cards from the set. Say for example the "Ghost Rider motorcycle" mount or an awesome weapon.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
These are some packs I thought of over the time of playing the game.

Steampunk's hoard pack, Brass helmet and goggles, leather vests with gear buttons, shoes with buckles, clockwork and steam robot pets, steam motorcycle mount, steam mech suit.

A Monarch's hoard pack, its life themed, magical instruments like harps, pan flutes, flutes, clothing made of plant material, giant butterfly mounts

Carnevale hoard pack, Italian Carnevale masks, like how the armada looks, Porcelain horse mount, paper fan wands, outfits adorned with feathers, sequent studs on the seams, multiple colors

Holiday Horrors pack, christmas and halloween themed items like a pumpkin with a santa hat, scary looking christmas toy pets, Krampus mount, Undead toy solider outfit, staffs with pumpkins and snowflakes. Basically a Nightmare before christmas style pack

Divers hoard pack, Old style scuba suit, bronze helmet, leather suit with air tank on back, heavy boots, harpoon gun weapons, pets would of course be sea creatures like lobsters, crabs, oysters, the mount could even be a mini sub.

Thats all I could think of.

~Wolf Nightbreeze~

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
really cool mounts, or cool furniture (like interactive ones). i like to aim for cosmetic stuff, doesn't feel right gambling for equipment that has the good stats to be at an equal competitive level in pvp. (Feel free if it's no-pvp though.)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2017
ive never posted so i guess u post it here.

why dont you you take a break from making pack and make the game a little better
for ex: you could add another school or update some old spells or something

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I definitely agree with Jasmine3429 to leave out the +1-10 pet snacks and stuff you can cheaply buy at the Bazaar. My favorite thing I ever got out of pack was the wand from the Terror Hoard Pack that has "may cast". I would like to see some unique gear with or without stats, like a ball hat, jeans, sneakers, glasses, etc. Also a Perrineau's Potion would be wonderful!

Explorer
Jul 21, 2013
MrValravn on Sep 15, 2017 wrote:
Adding the Shard-Tail Dragon Pet into the Pack.
What pack?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i love the idea of a steampunk pack, as well as the holiday horrors one (that someone mentioned below).

if i buy a pack, it's because there's a specific item that i want (usually a mount or pet, but sometimes an outfit or a piece of furniture).

i do think that packs, and the items therein, should be cosmetic; pvp is already broken because items from packs are useable in the arena, giving incentive to buy rank and resulting in a huge disadvantage for those who choose not to spend crowns.

some of my favourite packs in the past: dragon's hoard, nightmare, and the darkmoor-themed one.(can't remember the name atm). i also love the owl protege and mechanical owl pets.

i would love to see a medieval pack or an arcanum-themed one: no such thing as enough book-themed pets, and we could ride a giant spellbook... if you've seen fantasia, mickey mouse hitches a ride on the sorcerer's spellbook, and i think it'd be a pretty sweet ride for my wizard.

(kinda tells you how old i am, but i loved that movie when i was a kid!)

-von

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Sep 15, 2017 wrote:
Happy Friday! When it's Friday, it's time for a new topic, so here it is!

This week, let's talk about those Hoard and Lore packs. What would make the next CCG Pack an A+? What is your favorite CCG pack that we've released? Is it the look of the mount, the stats on the gear, or something else?

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
A pack that gives Rain Beetle!

Also a pack that stops giving items that are worthless (Very Common furniture etc.). I understand you don't want it to be to simple to get rare stuff - which is fine, but when it gets to be repeat of useless items, that is annoying.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
I feel either shadow spell drops for certain levels, or something I'd like to call "Jewel Encrusted Gear," meaning that there's a Jewel Socket on the gear piece. That would be an interesting addition to the game and give more depth into creating the "perfect" gear setup.

Survivor
May 16, 2013
I personally liked the Gloomthorn and the Ghulture's pack best. And here's why I'd say why:

The Gloomthorn pack had an innovative new mount - the swarm of bats that altered your appearance. Very cool.

Housing - both packs had access to lots of cool, unique housing objects (The Wysteria Pack was disappointingly lacking in this, reusing old housing objects instead)

Housing Guests - particularly with Ghulture's. While I do love monstrology, it's nice to have housing guests that don't take up pet space, and have housing guests who aren't you enemies.

Cool outfits - Gloomthorn particularly had these, like with the werewolf costume. That felt like an elaborate trick or treat costume, and it made me want to wear it not for the stats but just for the fun of feeling like a werewolf on w101.

But also each pack had a mixture of these things and didn't feel "padded" with unwanted gardening seeds and pet snacks. Ghulture's pack had good pets, cool mounts, great housing and housing guests, neat weapons. Gloom thorn had cool armor, unique housing and housing guests, very cool mounts, and a cool pet.

So specifically as related to your question, an A+ pack would be a pack where nothing feels extra or like padding. One with an even smattering of new housing objects (not reused), hopefully housing guests (maybe more friends next time like King Artorious and Merle, etc.), cool outfits, several new pets, cool mounts, and perhaps new spells.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
From here on out, opening a hoard pack (like the Professor's Hoard pack) that gives at least 2 pieces of gear and/or 1 piece of gear and a mount (could be 1-day, 7-day, 15-day, or permanent) would make me grade all hoard packs in the future as an A+

Survivor
Apr 30, 2016
I'll keep it short.

New and interesting mounts.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
kaneObane on Sep 15, 2017 wrote:
I stole this from a user named camahawk but its a great idea

Every pack has gear, some gear looks great, but getting it to match your attire is difficult, so how about adding a drop that has 0 stats, no auction... But is fully dye-able.... Even toss a pack that's literally nothing but 0 stat gear from bundles, packs, insignia, etc.... call it Stitchers galore pack.... No pets, mounts, no gear stats... Just wands, hats, robes, boots...
That is actually a really great idea, I would love to see something like that, it'd make getting school gear design wise so much less of a hassle. camahawk, if you're reading this, know that I think that that's an awesome idea.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2016
Honestly, throw in some better snacks and housing items for the hoard pack, or for any Hoard pack in general.

Also, with the ghulture mounts adding in power for your wizard's school was a heavy success towards you in a business prospective. But, when this new pack goes come out, please considering the following.

Better snacks, especially not the 1+ snacks.
Interesting and better equipment, not something you can easily get from the bazaar.
New, interesting mounts that hasn't before been seen in the crown shop.
Better gear and wands, especially for the higher levels.

Also, let this be a Hoard pack and not a lore pack. I can't tell you how disappointed I was to figure out the new pack was a lore pack.

- NorthernKnotty