Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Did You Hear About Wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2009
I've been playing this game for about 7 years now and I still remember how I found out about the game. I remember it was because of some of my family members. They saw a commercial on TV and decided to make accounts and try the game out and I remember I saw them playing it and I was like "what's that game" and they told me all about it and said I should make an account too which I did I'm so glad I did too. I did end up leaving the game for about over a year but I came back to it and I remembered why I loved it in the first place. So how did all of you hear about this game and how long have you been playing it

Alyssa Iceflower (ice level 64)
Sabrina Blueeyes (balance level 32)
Seirra Dreamheart (fire level 26)
Autumn Flower (life level 25)
Calamity Stormcloud (storm level 21)
Moira Nightshade (death level 19)

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Back in 2009 my daughter saw the Wizards101 commercial and begged for an account. As a good dad, I tried the game out myself first. Soon, the whole family had a wizard on our family account. I stopped playing after my wife passed in 2010. My kids kept playing as one way of staying in touch.

I'm back on now too. Three kids, one dad, instant questing party.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jan 07, 2017
I found out about Wizard101 by just simply watching TV and my brother wanted to make a P101 and W101 account and so I joined him. I ended up leaving for a little over a year, as well. But when I got back, I made so many accounts xD Wizard101 is still my favorite game, even after so long. Wizard101 has made a huge impact on me in a good way. If you've ever heard of IMVU, that game was the game I went to after ditching W101 for a while. Made me really depressed. But now everything is so wonderful on Wiz101. I hope they continue improving the game.

Kristen Rose (fire)
Kristen Heart (ice)
Isabella Moon (myth)
Sarah Night (death&main char.)
Brooke Dream (life)
Andrea Sky (storm)
Sarah Blossom (Balance)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I'm pretty sure I heard about it through the Toontown community way back when.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2017
Area51Alien on Sep 2, 2017 wrote:
Back in 2009 my daughter saw the Wizards101 commercial and begged for an account. As a good dad, I tried the game out myself first. Soon, the whole family had a wizard on our family account. I stopped playing after my wife passed in 2010. My kids kept playing as one way of staying in touch.

I'm back on now too. Three kids, one dad, instant questing party.

Steven Ghoststalker
I'm sorry to hear about your wife :c I hope she rests in peace

Survivor
Nov 06, 2014
Well, on January 7th, 2012, I was very bored, so I decided to scroll the internet, and that's how I found that magical advertisement for Wizard101. Although, I ended up ditching the account I made because I didn't know I would be playing for so long and that account was trash, because I didn't know what I was doing with it.

So on November 6th, 2014, I made this magical account which is the account I'm using to write this message.

And to everyone out there who also found Wizard101 by an ad, it just goes to show advertisements aren't useless.

Rylee GoldLeaf

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Our son heard about it at school a year or so after it launched. He would quest with friends, and I thought it looked like fun. I was writing online, and bashing trolls was a nice break from a pretty stressful career.

He no longer plays, but I still do. Even though I no longer write for the internet, I still enjoy slaying the occasional troll. <wink wink>

Erin Everything Ends With Weaver, max death, max ice, magus life, legendary balance, a storm for storage (I have a hoarding problem), and a little myth.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I believe I first learned about Wizard101 when I went to some kids house one time when I was little, and he had a Wiz account. He wasn't able to log into the game (I think he forgot his password or something) but I checked out the website later and I decided to try it, and the rest is history. My sister tells me that she introduced it to me and that I was remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember correctly.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
shadowhawk600 on Sep 2, 2017 wrote:
I found out about Wizard101 by just simply watching TV and my brother wanted to make a P101 and W101 account and so I joined him. I ended up leaving for a little over a year, as well. But when I got back, I made so many accounts xD Wizard101 is still my favorite game, even after so long. Wizard101 has made a huge impact on me in a good way. If you've ever heard of IMVU, that game was the game I went to after ditching W101 for a while. Made me really depressed. But now everything is so wonderful on Wiz101. I hope they continue improving the game.

Kristen Rose (fire)
Kristen Heart (ice)
Isabella Moon (myth)
Sarah Night (death&main char.)
Brooke Dream (life)
Andrea Sky (storm)
Sarah Blossom (Balance)
Oh yes... I used to play IMVU too, even created my own dance club chatrooms on it but then there were some sick perverted people on there so I left and came back to Wizzy! I'm glad I came back too.

Alyssa IceFlower Ice Level 64
Sabrina BlueEyes Balance Level 32
Seirra DreamHeart Fire Level 26
Autumn Flower Life Level 26
Moira NightShade Death Level 22
Calamity StormCloud Storm Level 21

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
I came across this game while looking for WOW and FF. I downloaded Wiz, started playing and forgot about the other two. I love this game.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
Been playing since September 2016.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
I remember it was the beginning of June in 2012, I saw my younger cousin playing on our grandmothers desktop, I asked him what he was playing, and BOOM now im here

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
shadowhawk600 on Sep 2, 2017 wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your wife :c I hope she rests in peace
Actually, from some of the stories, I've read about people just hanging on with cancer unable to do anything, I'm glad she went as quickly as she did. I'd rather have the good memories of our time together.

But Thank You.

Steven Ghoststalker

Hero
May 02, 2009
Back in 2009 I saw a commercial on tv for the game and decided to try it out to see what it was all about. When I joined DS was the final world of the game and the fountain celebrating the 1 millionth student (Fiona Ashblood) was still in front of Merle Ambrose's Office. Needless to say I've been here ever since then.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
Iridian010 on Sep 2, 2017 wrote:
I'm pretty sure I heard about it through the Toontown community way back when.
Hey! I played Toontown too! I don't remember how I found wizard101 since it was so long ago, but I'm pretty sure I saw an add one time on TV!

~ Iridian Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 30, 2017

I've long forgotten when I first joined but I came back after I got my school laptop (actually will play it) and when my old laptop died (my dad erased everything on it, so... yeah) but what I do remember is that girl near the headmaster's place and how i was unable to do her quest and such.

Either way, I rejoined Wizard101 at the worst yet best time of this year. I believe it was Sunday I joined the game again? I don't know. But my main wiz has the best items and levels right now, and I'll soon be doing a story for my other characters, too.

Tabitha Rubyheart (Myth/Lvl 10-11)
Quinn (Death)
Victoria Thundercloud (Storm)
Dakota Thundercloud (Life)

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Bombarded by commercial after commercial. As well as the general desire to live my Harry Potter fantasies.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
It was either an ad on t.v. or an ad on the internet. I actually played back in 2009 and played on and off over the course of 9 years until I finally decided to try and max out one character.

Which I did

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 45
Mindy Rainflower 5

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
7 years ago one of my friends told me all about this new game Wizard101. I thought to myself: * sounds like another Dungeons & Dragons type*. So I gave it a try. Now I'm on my third account and I can't stop playing it

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
I started playing for a month or two in 2012 because I saw Selena Gomez promoting it

Then I came back in July 2016 for a month

Then in april 2017

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Ahhh, those days. Before I started this game I just played lego star wars/Indiana Jones and that was it. One day my dad was on the computer and me and my little bro witnessed him close a program and my bro asked what the new red icon was. Some time later my older bros kept telling me about a wizard game where I can fight skeleton pirates. After ignoring their advice to play the game countless times, I somehow got to the site when they were at school (lol I don't remember how I did that back then I couldn't type!) . I remember seeing some evil wizard (though it might have been Ambrose) in a dark setting. I decided to try it, so my bros made me an account (not this one) and I got instantly hooked! I was awed when I got to make my own character. And then there was that whole tutorial and when I was face to face with malistaire I was frightened. But I killed his henchmen with my brothers help and I discovered online gaming which I found fascinating. I also loved the mini games, those were great! I got interested in medieval fantasy and started bringing my character into other games and real life. Well this is kind of getting long but good times!

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Well, back in the day, my babysitter's oldest daughter introduced my older brother to the game around the Selena Gomez sponser. I saw him and her playing it and I made an account for me. My brother and I were great rivals, a Storm and a Death. He was always 2 levels ahead, which got me soooo mad! Been playing since 2011.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
I believe I've been playing since a a week or month after the beta. I stopped playing on and off over the years, but this still remains my favorite game. I've been thinking a lot about how it's been almost nine years since I started. All grown up and still play! Haha.

Wolf Dragonflame 120

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
Almost forgot the meaning of the post! I think I saw the original commercial for the game and decided to give it a try!

Wolf Dragonflame 120

Survivor
Nov 03, 2016
I saw Shane Dawson's video where he was gonna try Wizard101. And I was like I wanna try that game . I did and then I was hooked :)