Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm or Death?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
I have one slot left, and am left with the choice of storm or death. I have a storm Guhltre ( idk how to spell it )
mount. Pls help.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Out of the schools you've played so far, which do you like best and which do you like least?

Play on a team, or solo artist?

In a group, are you the star hitter or is laid back support more your thing?

Prefer hard dungeons? Yes or no.

Want to get battles over with quickly, or do you prefer to linger a while...?

The answer to these questions can help us direct you to the school you might find more enjoyable.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
I particularly favor the death school just because its my natural school but many people have a storm just to experience the power even if it is quite a struggle at the beginning of the game.
Death on the other hand is easier at low levels although you don't have as much power as storms and you dont get your attack all spell until level 48 but overall death is a nice easy school.
Ask an actual storm for more info my storm knowledge is limited as I do not have a storm.

~Natalie lvl 87
~Natalie lvl 40

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
If you are planning to solo most or all of the game, go with death. I have soloed everything, excluding large dungeons, as a death wiz (yes, even all of Khrysalis).

If you prefer team play, go with storm. You will have very little health but you can do huge hits. Seeing how you already have the Ghulture mount, you will already be ahead of the game in damage .

So I guess it really depends on your play style, do you!

Best of luck,

Survivor
Apr 02, 2017
Storm is soloable but it takes a long time into the game to completely stop the fizzling. Like, almost exalted unless you have a nice accuracy pet. Death has pretty great accuracy throughout, and is credited for being the best solo school. This is really your own preference, so whatever you pick is fine. They're both great schools.

Hope to see you out there!
~Erica Lifepetal 120
~Jenna 118
~Sarai Fire 74

Survivor
May 23, 2013
I'm not sure if anyone can help you more than yourself in this situation. It all really depends on what type of wizard you would like to play on. Do you want to dish out mass amounts of damage but be near death most of the time like a glass cannon (storm) or would you rather hit less but be able to keep yourself out of harms way by healing (death)?

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
It all really depends on your preference. If you want it to be smooth sailing later in the game and still awfully easy in the beginning, pick Storm. But if you want a bit more of a challenge and want to experience something different, pick Death.

I prefer death but that's my Bias Opinion