Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Well, looks like a deleted a wizard. Two years ago

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
Um, okay so. You know when you deleted that wizard and then sobbed about it. Well, yeah. So that happened to me, so I made a new one and played that. But I had no idea that KingsIsle could've helped with that. I have only discovered they could do that, like, literally yesterday.

I know that one and a half years is more than wanted, but it was better late than never. So I emailed them about my issue. Oddly however only ten hours later an email came back saying that I deleted my wizard far too long to be restored.

Made sense. And a bit disappointing because you have no idea how much expensive stuff that wizard had on him. But it kind of confused me of quickly that email came in. Was it that easy to find out? I hadn't really deleted much or had that much wizards, so i thought it was possible.

Can someone please explain to me how this system works? What kind of programming do y'all use? I just want to know because I kind spent, like, one hundred bucks on that wizard and I just want to make sure my money saving efforts aren't completely lost.
Thanks for reading. :)

-

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
Well, it's been a long time since I posted this already. So I guess no one cares?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'm not really sure what your question is...

As for restoring deleted items, my understanding is that KI keeps everything on huge servers and backs everything up about once per week. When we delete something by mistake, if we contact support right away - like, within 24-48 hours - they may be able to retrieve your account from one of the back-up servers and restore the items you deleted.

But, if you wait a week (or a year!), it's too late because by that time, the back-up servers will be overwritten with the next backup session, and whatever you deleted will now be permanent.

So basically, there's a small window of time where they have access to your wizard from "a few days ago," before you deleted stuff, and if you ask them in time, they can sometimes restore things that way. But it's impossible to restore data that was deleted and overwritten more than a year ago.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
They can quickly check your account, the reason the email came so quickly was that it emailed them at a time in which they are not very busy at all. I believe anything over a week old cannot be recovered, unfortunately.

Sorry for your loss

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Another reason might be because they delt with this issue before and as soon as they heard how long ago it was they probably already knew the answer and therefor there was no reason to check thus the quick reply.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
Freshta on Aug 17, 2017 wrote:
I'm not really sure what your question is...

As for restoring deleted items, my understanding is that KI keeps everything on huge servers and backs everything up about once per week. When we delete something by mistake, if we contact support right away - like, within 24-48 hours - they may be able to retrieve your account from one of the back-up servers and restore the items you deleted.

But, if you wait a week (or a year!), it's too late because by that time, the back-up servers will be overwritten with the next backup session, and whatever you deleted will now be permanent.

So basically, there's a small window of time where they have access to your wizard from "a few days ago," before you deleted stuff, and if you ask them in time, they can sometimes restore things that way. But it's impossible to restore data that was deleted and overwritten more than a year ago.

Alia Misthaven
Um, okay thanks. I think I get it now. It would be kind of odd to keep the data in from a year ago. Guess that means there's no turning back. Thanks for the info.

There's no turning back. I like saying that.

-