Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Socketing and unsocketing Jewels in Wizard101 ~

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Hey there, I've wondered why can't wizards unsocket the rare jewels we get from farming? Some of the jewels are hard to get and it's hard as farming lore-master to get Free trained spells. So why can't we unsocket and Re-use it again? I hope I get a serious answer, since "shatter" shouldn't be the only solution (as we lose all the hard work and hours) and the wizards stay up for a very long time to get one rare jewel( As rare jewels shouldn't be a waste) Why can't wizards be given other choices than shatter? why not give the wizards shatter and unsocket the jewel to re-use it?.

I hope this message is read by Wizard101.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
shinyteddy on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
Hey there, I've wondered why can't wizards unsocket the rare jewels we get from farming? Some of the jewels are hard to get and it's hard as farming lore-master to get Free trained spells. So why can't we unsocket and Re-use it again? I hope I get a serious answer, since "shatter" shouldn't be the only solution (as we lose all the hard work and hours) and the wizards stay up for a very long time to get one rare jewel( As rare jewels shouldn't be a waste) Why can't wizards be given other choices than shatter? why not give the wizards shatter and unsocket the jewel to re-use it?.

I agree that the 'shatter only' method of gem disposal is wasteful. We can't even trade the weapons with the socketed jewels! We can't reuse jewels in any way. Really frustrating.

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
There are a couple jewels that can be removed and saved - the Morganthe spell jewels for example.
I think this is because it's only available from purchasing crown packs and not dropped in game.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015

I have been BEGGING Kingsisle ever since Spring 2015 to allow us to unsocket Jewels!!!!!! The following scenario ALWAYS happens to me and is SO annoying:

Me: time to add my hard-gotten Jewels to all my Morganthe gear :D
Me when Polaris came out: GOSH NOW I HAVE TO ADD JEWELS TO MY NEW POLARIS GEAR AND ALL THE GOOD ONES ARE STUCK ON MORGANTHE GEAR THAT I WON'T USE D:
Me when Mirage came out: UGH why are the Grandfather Spider athames so good!!!
Me when Empyrea comes out: GOSH why are the level 130 athames so good!

I legit now have fully socketed up Morganthe and Baba Yaga athames that I won't be ever using again, and I know the same thing will happen with my Grandfather Spider athames once I find something better in Empyrea.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
SilverbackMonkey on Jul 22, 2017 wrote:
There are a couple jewels that can be removed and saved - the Morganthe spell jewels for example.
I think this is because it's only available from purchasing crown packs and not dropped in game.
All the Moranthe jewels are dropped by Baba Yaga in Polaris, so this is not the issue.

Seems to me that proves they have the code to make things unsocketable, they just want to keep us endlessly farming.

What I have started doing is farming for multiples of the same athame for example, this way I can socket one with pierce, one with critical, and/or one with heal jewels.

The not trading pets with jewels is pretty annoying, especially since the jewel plants do not drop dealer/bringer, snipers, or any of the wards, making these jewels very hard to come by indeed.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
All the Moranthe jewels are dropped by Baba Yaga in Polaris, so this is not the issue.

Seems to me that proves they have the code to make things unsocketable, they just want to keep us endlessly farming.

What I have started doing is farming for multiples of the same athame for example, this way I can socket one with pierce, one with critical, and/or one with heal jewels.

The not trading pets with jewels is pretty annoying, especially since the jewel plants do not drop dealer/bringer, snipers, or any of the wards, making these jewels very hard to come by indeed.
I stand corrected (I didn't farm Yaga much).

Why are Morganthe spells an exception to the rule? I do think it is because of the pack drops - a low level player can acquire them this way but wouldn't be able to farm Polaris for them......just my observation. (still doesn't explain why the various Dual Blades jewels from packs can't be unsocketed though....). But yup, agreed that they want to keep us farming.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010

There needs to be an item you can collect from a dungeon that gives you an item that allows you to unsocket items.
Now, it would have limited uses, such as 3-5, that you can use to unsocket jewels.