Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

does anybody play silver chest games?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
When I open a silver chest I only play Shock-a-lock, I never play catch-a-key. that one I think is worthless.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
I play both games, I just think they're fun. Plus, if you win you get something out of it.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I like the Catch a Key minigame more, partially because I have issues with my touchpad where sometimes I accidentally double-click when I try to click once and it makes the Shock a Lock game frustrating.

I'll still play both of them, however. Starting in Zafaria or Avalon, those Silver Chests become quite rewarding.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Ha, i play the silver chests whenever I find them in the hopes they brought back simplify or elucidate, right like that will happen

Survivor
Mar 07, 2017
I don't play them often. Personally, it's not that fun to me. For others it might, but not me. I used to play them a lot before, but again it's just not fun.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I don't mind which game I get when I open a silver chest. I'm just excited to see what the rewards are. I never pass up on a silver chest, because they often give really useful and harder to obtain reagents like sunstone. This is only the case in higher worlds like Zafaria/Avalon and up... Possibly Celestia. Never leave a silver chest behind!

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
I play them when I'm questing alone. I would rather not have a friend wait for me just because of a silver chest.

~Natalie lvl 80
~Natalie lvl 35

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
I do for the rewards, but I only play catch a key, Shock a lock is too hard for me!

Jonathan DawnHunter

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I love the catch a key game. I don't mind the shock-a-lock.. I just wish they would put more stuff in them.. I think it would awesomer if they had a chance at crown armor, pets, permanent spells or just some crowns...