Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rules Not Clearly Stated

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2014
I'm having a real issue right now with Kingsisle, and their ill defined rules. I crafted a Watchtower Hall, and absolutely loved it, in spite of the process required. So much so in fact that I decided to craft another for one of my other wizards. I attempted to research the topic, and could find nothing that said I couldn't. What was unclear was if I would need a additional castle elixir, since my crafting wizard already had maximum castles. To be safe I purchased the elixir. Gathered all necessary components, and went to craft it. Surprise! Get all the way to that point and find this arcane rule, which says I cannot have two of the same castles. I do not intend to keep it! I want to give it to another of my wizards! So I contacted Kingsisle, explained the situation, and guess what? No satisfaction what so ever!!! As stupid as the rule is it stands, and it is in my estimation and stupid arbitrary rule. So now I have everything to craft a castle, and it is entirely useless. Am I angry? Angry does not even come close, livid maybe! my only options that I can see is to completely strip my fully decorated castle, and pass it off. Which would be a monumental chore, or train yet another wizard to the level required to craft the castle. I find all this unbelievable! What a rotten trick to play upon someone who is a long time player, and loves the game. In essence this post is a warning to others to beware of these arcane arbitrary rules that make no sense what so ever. I'm still deciding whether to continue playing or just cancel my accounts. This is not the first time they have burned me with nonsense rules, and I'm sick of it. Rules should be clearly stated, and this is a big failing point in this game. If you are only allowed one castle of each type, why can't you pass a newly crafted one to another wizard? Why? I'd love to hear the logic behind this!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Eightball88 on Jul 12, 2017 wrote:
I'm having a real issue right now with Kingsisle, and their ill defined rules. I crafted a Watchtower Hall, and absolutely loved it, in spite of the process required. So much so in fact that I decided to craft another for one of my other wizards. I attempted to research the topic, and could find nothing that said I couldn't. What was unclear was if I would need a additional castle elixir, since my crafting wizard already had maximum castles. To be safe I purchased the elixir. Gathered all necessary components, and went to craft it. Surprise! Get all the way to that point and find this arcane rule, which says I cannot have two of the same castles. I do not intend to keep it! I want to give it to another of my wizards! So I contacted Kingsisle, explained the situation, and guess what? No satisfaction what so ever!!! As stupid as the rule is it stands, and it is in my estimation and stupid arbitrary rule. So now I have everything to craft a castle, and it is entirely useless. Am I angry? Angry does not even come close, livid maybe! my only options that I can see is to completely strip my fully decorated castle, and pass it off. Which would be a monumental chore, or train yet another wizard to the level required to craft the castle. I find all this unbelievable! What a rotten trick to play upon someone who is a long time player, and loves the game. In essence this post is a warning to others to beware of these arcane arbitrary rules that make no sense what so ever. I'm still deciding whether to continue playing or just cancel my accounts. This is not the first time they have burned me with nonsense rules, and I'm sick of it. Rules should be clearly stated, and this is a big failing point in this game. If you are only allowed one castle of each type, why can't you pass a newly crafted one to another wizard? Why? I'd love to hear the logic behind this!
I feel for your dilemma, I really do - but how could you not know that having one type of house precludes you from getting the same type on one wizard? I've known this from the first time I bought a house. Either in the crown shop or from a house vender; that house option goes grey when you buy it. If you toggle over it, it clearly states that you can't have more than one type of house.
Look, I know you're frustrated, I was in that situation: I wanted a Watchtower for one of my wizards - all my wizards gathered the necessary materials and transferred it via the shared bank, I got my wizard up to what I thought was the right crafting level, but found out she wasn't nearly there, she had to do the craft quests in Dragonspyre! Well, she was a long way from Dragonsypre And I didn't want to push through. Long story conclusion, I sold all the materials and got enough to buy Dragon' Fjord.
Best bet ( and I know this will hurt ) undo the decorating in your previous Watchtower and pass it to your other wizard - then make a new one.
Besides, you get to experience the thrill of crafting and re-decorating!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I understand your frustration, but I understand why they didn't do anything. It's well within your own power to solve this dilemma yourself. I see a few solutions:

1. Remove the decorations and transfer the house (assuming it doesn't say no trade) However, as you mentioned this doesn't sound like a lot of fun to do, so I don't recommend that.

2. Craft it on the other character. This for me makes the most sense. In fact I'd almost want KI to make the crafted houses no trade if they aren't already. You need to complete prerequsites to own the crafted houses in my opinion and your character shouldn't have access to these houses unless they've completed the crafting prerequisites. I see this much like a level 15 character in Zafaria, you shouldn't be there. That's just my opinion though. Anyway where you've done most of the leg work and have the materials this should be EASY to do, just have that character craft it. Now you mentioned that they haven't leveled their crafting- that also should not be a problem. If your crafting character has done any sort of collecting reagents you should be able to transfer them to the lower character easily. It's not that difficult to get to Grandmaster Artisian or whatever, it really only starts to get difficult after Zafaria.

I know that you're frustrated, but I think that it is more to do with Technical limitations and while it may seem an odd rule, I don't think it's that hard to appease the "Arcane Rulemaker" and do one of the suggestions I made. (Again, probably why you didn't get the response from support that you wanted.) I think it boils down to how badly do you want the house? Or is quitting after the first failed attempt the only viable option? Best of luck!

P.S. If you need particular treasure cards for ranking up your other character I'd gladly meet up to trade with you. Again, good luck!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I understand your frustration.

In order to pass your already completed Watchtower through the shared bank, you don't have to "completely strip it." (Unless you're talking about stripping it down because you want to keep most of the furniture for the wizard who originally crafted the house, in which case ... I get that. And in that case then yeah, I'm sorry to say that you don't have many good options available to you.)

From purely a practical standpoint, it would be best to pass off the completed house because that saves you the $60,000 gold for buying the recipe again on a new wizard. The wizard with the most ease in getting gold should probably be the one to start out fresh in decorating a new house.

Yours in sympathy,

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud
(who also crafted the Watchtower, so she knows how much work is involved!)

PS:
When passing houses through the shared bank, you do have to remove teleporters, manikins, pets and mounts, plus any "no trade" items you have. Everything else can pass through. The main culprits on the "no trade" issue are furniture items that originally came in your dorm room: Royal bed, Stained End Table, the Exquisite desk and its Padded Stool. Also the Short Square Vase, a small, greenish pot that came with your dorm if you started W101 before gardening). In the case of manikins, pets, mounts and teleporters, you can pass them through the shared bank individually but not while they're in a house.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Why not transfer your first Watchtower Hall to your second character? Then you can craft the second for the first character. Otherwise since you have all the ingredients, level up your second character to the necessary level of crafting.

Moira Stormheart

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
You have been given some very good suggestions from those who have already posted.

I also crafted the Watch Tower Hall on my Myth wizard and I like it but not enough that I would want it on any of my other wizards.

At any rate, you should also remember that if you want your remaining wizards to be able to craft the Permanent 4-5 pip spells that become available for you to craft after your wizards have reached "Legendary Artisan", then maybe you should consider passing all the materials over to another wizard and bring that wizard up to the level required.

Frankly, if we could have more than one of the same house per wizard, I would have multiple RBF or Botanical Gardens on each of mine just to have the additional boost to gardening.