Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you feel about the bosses in Azteca?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I've only defeated the first boss, so I really can't judge Azteca as a whole. Though, I can talk about how I felt about the first boss. For the most part, the bosses in Avalon, Zafaria, and even Celestia normally left me feeling pretty good. I found them to be challenging in a good way. Yeah, sometimes a boss annoyed me, but I never felt as though the way they were challenging made them annoying. Even bosses like Shaka Zebu weren't challenging in an annoying way. Sure, his cheats made him hard, but I didn't get a bad taste in my mouth after defeating him. The bosses in worlds prior to Azteca made me exited for what's to come. I didn't even find the first Aztecan boss to be really challenging. I soloed it on my first try. Though I found the ways that they decided to make this boss more challenging than bosses prior just plain annoying. It pretty much left the same taste in my mouth as the weakness spamming enemies from the first arc made me feel, though due to the other factors this boss was way worse. For those of you who aren't familiar with this boss, she was a storm boss with around 14k health. This boss was different than normal storm bosses though, she was able to use ice spells as well. Naturally, being hit with an ice bird or colossus isn't going to all of the sudden make a boss awful. The thing that this lovely lady did was spam tower shields. It doesn't matter when an ice enemy does this, I would just put a shatter into my tc deck before the battle anticipating this tactic. Though when you start giving bosses of other school's spells like tower shields, it makes them challenging in an obnoxious way. I really don't feel like I should have to look up the deck of a boss up before I fight it to ensure that they won't throw a random battle changing spell out of left field. The first boss of Azteca didn't make me exited for things to come, she just left a bad taste in my mouth, and made me dread having to face the next boss. I personally find that giving bosses more health, more crit, more block, natural damage, or natural pierce would make them challenging in a fun way. This is just how I felt after facing the first boss, I'm curious to see how other people felt about the bosses in Azteca.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
jwheaton9634 on Jun 5, 2017 wrote:
I've only defeated the first boss, so I really can't judge Azteca as a whole. Though, I can talk about how I felt about the first boss. For the most part, the bosses in Avalon, Zafaria, and even Celestia normally left me feeling pretty good. I found them to be challenging in a good way. Yeah, sometimes a boss annoyed me, but I never felt as though the way they were challenging made them annoying. Even bosses like Shaka Zebu weren't challenging in an annoying way. Sure, his cheats made him hard, but I didn't get a bad taste in my mouth after defeating him. The bosses in worlds prior to Azteca made me exited for what's to come. I didn't even find the first Aztecan boss to be really challenging. I soloed it on my first try. Though I found the ways that they decided to make this boss more challenging than bosses prior just plain annoying. It pretty much left the same taste in my mouth as the weakness spamming enemies from the first arc made me feel, though due to the other factors this boss was way worse. For those of you who aren't familiar with this boss, she was a storm boss with around 14k health. This boss was different than normal storm bosses though, she was able to use ice spells as well. Naturally, being hit with an ice bird or colossus isn't going to all of the sudden make a boss awful. The thing that this lovely lady did was spam tower shields. It doesn't matter when an ice enemy does this, I would just put a shatter into my tc deck before the battle anticipating this tactic. Though when you start giving bosses of other school's spells like tower shields, it makes them challenging in an obnoxious way. I really don't feel like I should have to look up the deck of a boss up before I fight it to ensure that they won't throw a random battle changing spell out of left field. The first boss of Azteca didn't make me exited for things to come, she just left a bad taste in my mouth, and made me dread having to face the next boss. I personally find that giving bosses more health, more crit, more block, natural damage, or natural pierce would make them challenging in a fun way. This is just how I felt after facing the first boss, I'm curious to see how other people felt about the bosses in Azteca.
I felt that it was really neat having them use spells from off their own schools with power pip mastery, but it also made situations awkward or even annoying. I mean, a school just having a fire mastery for efreet only? What's up with that? Or having an ice mastery for tower shields and occasionally wyvern?

Definitely could of mixed things up a bit more.

Sometimes bosses would mainly use spells from off their school then from their own. This happens WAY too much with ice bosses with storm mastery, goodness.

But it actually forced you to prepare for the boss battles and they did have a great difficulty along with them.

Loved it, but of course, like anything, can always improve.

In Mirage, we see bosses with dual masteries. This would be useful in Azteca.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Genevieve HexPyre 114+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Nathan SilverBlood 54 Spending TOO Much Gold On Fashion
Noah SkyHeart 50 Being Unproductive

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
My azteca days were great, even soloing with a life wizard. For me, unlike everyone else, the sharpened blade quest was really hard. 2 minions, boss was life. Believe me, most of the reason was because I ran out of cards, but then when I added more, I always got the wrong cards at the wrong time. So let me tell you, if you're a life and you are in the same struggle as I was, just go back later, around 94-96, and fight him. (I mean I got it at 94 shame on me.)

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Mana burn bosses are annoying as all heck and I this was the first world I recall having that issue. Other that it was fine, even pre-nerf, these days it is a piece of cake. KI seems to have issues scaling difficulty up world by world and always have to wind up nerfing things to satisfy the masses, or they release a world that is at an easier level than the last one, like khyrsalis (which was a joke). They tried again with Mirage and you saw how fast everyone cried NERF, really sad that the game has to be mindless for people to want to play, but it i what it is.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
As a life wizard main who fought most of the bosses in Azteca by myself, I can just say that a lot of them are annoying, but I don't think all of the them can use spells from other schools. Some of them cheat and you won't know until it's too late (Ponce de Gibbon why u do dis to me).. Alright anyway I've always found feint really helpful for me to hit higher, especially once you get potent trap and can stack up those feints. However I do always enjoy the battle music and it makes me a little more hype and then the boss fight doesn't seem so bad anymore it's way better to fight with friends though. But I don't think it should've been nerfed. I mean, do people want everything to be a total walk in the park? Overall, I found the bosses quite tedious and sometimes challenging, but not to the point where I couldn't beat any.