Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Important Message to KingsIsle -

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
shinyteddy on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
If you attending the pvp, i'm sure you know that bad juju Spammers matches lasts from 10+ hours to 2 days. Well. They pop up everywhere and have increased. battle one of them and tell me if you've bet any.
Jade/Juju spam matches can indeed last 10 hours but if you are smart enough you can cut that time down to less than 30 minutes. I have fought and beaten jade/jujus repeatedly.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
As Iv'e stated before it comes down to timing, building your pips and resources and comboing. If you are uselessly spamming your attacks willy nilly then you will get nowhere.
"Uselessly spamming your attack", LOL and how to remove the Bad juju spells -90? Wands, if it got every turn? not to use attacking spells? LOL???! Use what else?? How to remove -90 bad juju? Build Pips and blades while I'm getting every turn a bad juju casted on me? As the opponent Has +70% resist plus the pet 15% more than 85% universal resist. Since you got a death wizard you don't want to lose that ability but believe it it's unfair and I hope KINGSISLES READ THIS and try it them thelves and do something because many people who in purpose create accounts just to post posts defending their school spells even if it's unfair in the pvp.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Jade/Juju spam matches can indeed last 10 hours but if you are smart enough you can cut that time down to less than 30 minutes. I have fought and beaten jade/jujus repeatedly.
Go ahead and post a Youtube Video on how to defeat Bad juju wizards for 30 minutes. What a life. I'm an old wizard and have Death, life, storm, balance wizards and I know what i'm saying. Just give a details on what you're "Youtube" Post Strategy" Giving Decks spells and what to do" Like how majour people does. PVP Captains and WARLORDS Lost to Bad juju spammers. They're not saying the truth and am i not? Post true comments and not a comments full of lies just to lie about it to KINGSISLE. They read all the comments and i want them to try it out since they've created the game. Bad juju spells is a disaster as spamming in PVP hope it will be changed to 5 PIPS and from -90 to -40 or something that would be Fair. Since Guardian spirit was changed from 25% to 15%. We need to make changes on Bad juju too.
Everyone is complaining and did complain in the past and i hope kingsisle reads THIS and DO SOMETHING.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
4)The State of Pvp- PvP is in the worst state it's been and I've been pvping from the get-go. KI' s apparent disregard for the arena (an attitude that is only now changing due to KI losing huge chunks of revenue from it's dying PvP segment) has led many to leave the arena. While some who have left the arena also left the game, many instead stay in PvE.

This is one of your comments posted about KI and the PVP ARENA. Here KINGSISLE Finally can understand from your comment (Written on the other post) what I meant and I do mean right now.

Ended

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
shinyteddy on Mar 21, 2017 wrote:
Alright, give a strategy to win a death that keeps spamming bad juju every turn with the help of empower for 10 to 15 hours without stopping in pvp. Waiting for an answer. and I want it to be a useable strategy. Got one post it away what you're waiting for
If your match against a Jade Juju is taking 10-15 hours then you're obviously playing too passively. Discarding unnecessary cards such as shields/heals will help you cycle to your more offensive cards faster. If you're constantly getting caught under loads of jujus, then your main deck needs more low pip attacks.

Another and better option is to OHKO with Dark Nova, using Midnight Sprite + Dark Pact. If you get lucky and get another Shadow pip while the Jade is pip deprived, you can Shrike and proceed to absolutely OHKO. The best thing about using this strategy is that it requires very little deck investment and therefore will not damage your matchup with hyper offense players.

Even if you do happen to play passively as your play style, Life has the best anti-juju spell in Guardian Spirit. You can set up multiple layers of Life traps and OHKO once you're revived and your opponent is pip/juju deprived, though this strategy's effectiveness isn't very good in a match vs hyper offense players and can also be shut down by a few shields if you don't stack up enough. This tactic works to a much lesser extent than the one I mentioned above.

To conclude, no strategy should be based around defeating Juju Jades. Your main priority is countering the meta. Adding more deck flexibility to be able to switch game-plans vs a wider array of strategies is key to being successful in PvP. Beating a Juju Jade requires setting up your win condition and trying again if you fail to accomplish the kill the first time.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
shinyteddy on Mar 24, 2017 wrote:
"Uselessly spamming your attack", LOL and how to remove the Bad juju spells -90? Wands, if it got every turn? not to use attacking spells? LOL???! Use what else?? How to remove -90 bad juju? Build Pips and blades while I'm getting every turn a bad juju casted on me? As the opponent Has +70% resist plus the pet 15% more than 85% universal resist. Since you got a death wizard you don't want to lose that ability but believe it it's unfair and I hope KINGSISLES READ THIS and try it them thelves and do something because many people who in purpose create accounts just to post posts defending their school spells even if it's unfair in the pvp.
A) Yes, you have to use attacks to remove juju. However, how you use your attacks and when is key to defeating juju.

B) l am one of the posters who FIRST identified the Jade/Juju problem years ago. The difference between you and I is I want an adjustment to the specific strategy and/or better countermeasures whereas you want a Nerf to the entire death sxhool.

C) Just because I have a death does not mean I juju spam. I have never used the jade juju strategy and my death got to warlord using an offensive stat. Secondly, my main PvP wizard is a storm: Eric STORMbringer should be a strong hint.

D) I'm a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd age PvP warlord. As you can see from the account creation date under my name- my account is older than yours. Please get your facts straight.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Go ahead and post a Youtube Video on how to defeat Bad juju wizards for 30 minutes. What a life. I'm an old wizard and have Death, life, storm, balance wizards and I know what i'm saying. Just give a details on what you're "Youtube" Post Strategy" Giving Decks spells and what to do" Like how majour people does. PVP Captains and WARLORDS Lost to Bad juju spammers. They're not saying the truth and am i not? Post true comments and not a comments full of lies just to lie about it to KINGSISLE. They read all the comments and i want them to try it out since they've created the game. Bad juju spells is a disaster as spamming in PVP hope it will be changed to 5 PIPS and from -90 to -40 or something that would be Fair. Since Guardian spirit was changed from 25% to 15%. We need to make changes on Bad juju too.
Everyone is complaining and did complain in the past and i hope kingsisle reads THIS and DO SOMETHING.
Guess what? I'm an old wizard too. I've been a successful PvP warlord in every age and if you question my credentials try Google searching Eric Stormbringer and see what pops up.

I'll gladly make a YouTube video the next time I face this strategy in the arena.

Bad Juju is a balanced spell on its own. The issue is when it's combined with the resist of jade. A better solution would be to make bad juju deal a set % of max health or to provide a mass cleanse option.

No one is posting lies here lol. I am offering you viable ways to counter the strategy. It seems you simply don't have the experience or skill to implement it.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
4)The State of Pvp- PvP is in the worst state it's been and I've been pvping from the get-go. KI' s apparent disregard for the arena (an attitude that is only now changing due to KI losing huge chunks of revenue from it's dying PvP segment) has led many to leave the arena. While some who have left the arena also left the game, many instead stay in PvE.

This is one of your comments posted about KI and the PVP ARENA. Here KINGSISLE Finally can understand from your comment (Written on the other post) what I meant and I do mean right now.

Ended
-No one disagrees that PvP is a mess right now.

-No one disagrees jade/juju is an overcentralizing strategy that's hard to beat.

-What we do disagree with is nerfing the LOW tier death school to counter one strategy. Here's an analogy- Do you amputate your entire arm if you get an infected cut? Or do you treat the cut?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
PvP King on Mar 24, 2017 wrote:
If your match against a Jade Juju is taking 10-15 hours then you're obviously playing too passively. Discarding unnecessary cards such as shields/heals will help you cycle to your more offensive cards faster. If you're constantly getting caught under loads of jujus, then your main deck needs more low pip attacks.

Another and better option is to OHKO with Dark Nova, using Midnight Sprite + Dark Pact. If you get lucky and get another Shadow pip while the Jade is pip deprived, you can Shrike and proceed to absolutely OHKO. The best thing about using this strategy is that it requires very little deck investment and therefore will not damage your matchup with hyper offense players.

Even if you do happen to play passively as your play style, Life has the best anti-juju spell in Guardian Spirit. You can set up multiple layers of Life traps and OHKO once you're revived and your opponent is pip/juju deprived, though this strategy's effectiveness isn't very good in a match vs hyper offense players and can also be shut down by a few shields if you don't stack up enough. This tactic works to a much lesser extent than the one I mentioned above.

To conclude, no strategy should be based around defeating Juju Jades. Your main priority is countering the meta. Adding more deck flexibility to be able to switch game-plans vs a wider array of strategies is key to being successful in PvP. Beating a Juju Jade requires setting up your win condition and trying again if you fail to accomplish the kill the first time.
Well true, i've used low pip attacking spells. It takes so much time to defeat those. and if you attended in pvp mostly takes 10-15 hours to defeat those, by watching PVP captain and warlord pvp's against bad juju spammers and watched level 120 wizards against bad juju spammers. Even storm one of the most damaging schools attacks is weakened. and I've to add something, Bad juju spammers use guardian spirit 20%, sanctuary +60% heals boosting using life amulets. after killing them, they get back, spam bad juju and weakness plus their resistance. Use fairy which heals them over 1400 a time because of their gears. then reshuffle, then it starts again. That what do i mean. What's the point of all of this given to death schools? Which is why i say Not Fair.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Well true, i've used low pip attacking spells. It takes so much time to defeat those. and if you attended in pvp mostly takes 10-15 hours to defeat those, by watching PVP captain and warlord pvp's against bad juju spammers and watched level 120 wizards against bad juju spammers. Even storm one of the most damaging schools attacks is weakened. and I've to add something, Bad juju spammers use guardian spirit 20%, sanctuary +60% heals boosting using life amulets. after killing them, they get back, spam bad juju and weakness plus their resistance. Use fairy which heals them over 1400 a time because of their gears. then reshuffle, then it starts again. That what do i mean. What's the point of all of this given to death schools? Which is why i say Not Fair.
To begin, getting Warlord is much easier than it's ever been before and just because somebody has the badge doesn't mean they're necessarily a good player or somebody you should look to. All you need is 25 wins over losses so even those players that you're watching might be inexperienced in the Arena.

While I disagree with any form of nerf to Death, I do agree that Guardian Spirit has been a pretty big issue this meta largely due to the fact that we can no longer multiply our attacks.

However, I don't believe that Death Jades with Life masteries are nearly as threatening as ones with Balance masteries. Yes, they do gain the ability to Guardian Spirit, Pixie and Satyr but they lose their ability to cycle through Bad Jujus/shields quickly enough to be effective even when they spam Empower.

To beat them consistently, once a Death Jade has used up 7/8 Bad Jujus and needs to Reshuffle, you use Dark Nova. It requires no pip investment so once the Death is revived you can proceed to wreak havoc with a severe pip advantage.

If you don't find yourself using that strategy very effectively, implement 2-3 Doom and Glooms into your deck and if you're going first, you use it on the first turn of Dark Nova then Midnight Sprite the next turn. If you don't succeed the first time, repeat the setup while rotating what turns you Doom/Sprite to keep your opponent guessing. If going second, you have to time this better (remember to count Jujus per Reshuffle) but you're going to have to use Doom on the last Dark Nova turn and repeat the cycle when it doesn't work. It takes a fair bit of getting used to, and depending on your gear setup Dark Nova doesn't always kill, but even when it doesn't you should be at a fairly good pip advantage with Doom up to be able to deliver the last bit of damage.

For more detail on Doom + Nova, there's a Balance guide on Duelist101 that highlights using the combination but it's from a very long time ago and isn't as effective without Malistaire wands.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
PvP King on Mar 25, 2017 wrote:
To begin, getting Warlord is much easier than it's ever been before and just because somebody has the badge doesn't mean they're necessarily a good player or somebody you should look to. All you need is 25 wins over losses so even those players that you're watching might be inexperienced in the Arena.

While I disagree with any form of nerf to Death, I do agree that Guardian Spirit has been a pretty big issue this meta largely due to the fact that we can no longer multiply our attacks.

However, I don't believe that Death Jades with Life masteries are nearly as threatening as ones with Balance masteries. Yes, they do gain the ability to Guardian Spirit, Pixie and Satyr but they lose their ability to cycle through Bad Jujus/shields quickly enough to be effective even when they spam Empower.

To beat them consistently, once a Death Jade has used up 7/8 Bad Jujus and needs to Reshuffle, you use Dark Nova. It requires no pip investment so once the Death is revived you can proceed to wreak havoc with a severe pip advantage.

If you don't find yourself using that strategy very effectively, implement 2-3 Doom and Glooms into your deck and if you're going first, you use it on the first turn of Dark Nova then Midnight Sprite the next turn. If you don't succeed the first time, repeat the setup while rotating what turns you Doom/Sprite to keep your opponent guessing. If going second, you have to time this better (remember to count Jujus per Reshuffle) but you're going to have to use Doom on the last Dark Nova turn and repeat the cycle when it doesn't work. It takes a fair bit of getting used to, and depending on your gear setup Dark Nova doesn't always kill, but even when it doesn't you should be at a fairly good pip advantage with Doom up to be able to deliver the last bit of damage.

For more detail on Doom + Nova, there's a Balance guide on Duelist101 that highlights using the combination but it's from a very long time ago and isn't as effective without Malistaire wands.
Nice guide, appreciate it. Hope Kingsisle responds.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Pvp is so broken tbh I just stay away from it

Survivor
Jun 13, 2015
Death is literally the worst school to pvp at max level. Juju spammers are almost nonexistent in warlord rank, I have no idea why this is even an issue as juju spamming itself is extremely flawed and can be beaten extremely easily if approached correctly. The idea that you get to generalize an entire school by a strategy that is a complete detriment due to its nature of counteractive methods is beyond me. Hitter Deaths have literally one single option: that is to blade up which is quite possibly even easier to counter than Juju spamming. The Death school is suffering from literally everything imaginable. The literal lowest damage spell in the game, general low damage, low resist, drains are an absolute joke, blades are its only way to win, and even that can be EASILY interrupted by an aftershock, enfeeble, or a set shield. If there id a death shield present, Deaths will be forced to bone drake (or prism, but 95% of deaths, even the high ranking ones have absolutely no creativity therefore resulting in a brain fart when faced with a set shield) which will inevitably leaf to a triage or god forbid a Shift. I'd like to know just how exactly "broken" Death is, when Balance has Lore, Ice has Weaver, and Fire has Rampage. Please enlighten me.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
rogerdoger910 on Apr 2, 2017 wrote:
Pvp is so broken tbh I just stay away from it
True

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
shinyteddy on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
Hello KingsIsle, i'm an old player in wizard101. I hope i get a reply and some changes happen in the game explained below. The issue occurs exactly in life wizards, beside i got storm, death, and myth wizards which are doing fine; however, the problem is that life happen to be made very WEAK in the game its self. life wizards spells such as guardian spirit has been cut from 25% to 15% while in the gears anyone can use Guardian spirit up to 20% out of the school of life wizards!! The school attacks are weak, and useless at some point unlike other schools.

The death wizards in pvp are a big ISSUE, they can do all they want unlike OTHER SCHOOLS, and exactly can do what life school wizards DOES!! in Pvp death can swap death hits to heal, which is fine, given the spell "Poison" spell which breaks all the shields, fine.., and life needs this type of spells too. then animate, this spell lets them animate MINIONS of high health and attacks and the wizards use tower shields on the minions! how is this fair?? up to 1200 to 1400 health. Why are death wizards given all of this? Isn't minion use only for myth? Why can't other schools cast high level minion except death school??! why is it not allowed for other schools to cast strong minions like death ones?? how is this FAIR?? on the other hand, life amulet usage by death wizards, they heal and use guardian spirit!!! how is this fair they're using life special SPELLS!!! Death school is "Over Powered", yet given Bad juju spell too. Why does the game ignore "Life wizards" and always release spells with very WEAK attacks?? We've paid alot but death wizards can USE ALL school spells while others CANNOT, and in addition they got strong spells which life lacks.

On the other hand, in PVP, Death wizards cast "DOOM and GLOOM" which gives -65 and in Treasure cards -75!! If KINGSISLE weakened LIFE attack and gave the ability for DEATH wizards to weaken the healing so what could the life do??? **WE CANNOT attack strong attack OR HEAL with high amounts??!!** Life wizards got nothing unique Anymore? what's our job in the game?? Death can heal with amulet, with strong hits, with bad juju, with gears carrying guardian spirit, with Strong minions and the most annoying this by few amounts of PIPS too!! DOOM AND GLOOM only for 2 PIPS, While life Sanctuary for 3 spells, even death attacking spells casts few with large attacks, while life casts more PIPS with WEAK Attack!! We forgot the absorb too, which doesn't work on death spells too!!

By comparing my two wizards, death and life, it's unfair Death wizards given all other school abilities even if i'm a death wizard, we've destroyed other wizards abilities, making it easier for death, and making it hard for life!! Why it casts so much PIPS to cast on life wizards?? When i Use death i Win in PVP and when i use Life i Lose in PVP no Matter what strategies since death is given everything with Few PIPS to cast. KINGSISLE is this fair? Please Fix this issue and don't ignore!
Have you ever actually played life? Life is amazing in pvp.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
shinyteddy on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
Hello KingsIsle, i'm an old player in wizard101. I hope i get a reply and some changes happen in the game explained below. The issue occurs exactly in life wizards, beside i got storm, death, and myth wizards which are doing fine; however, the problem is that life happen to be made very WEAK in the game its self. life wizards spells such as guardian spirit has been cut from 25% to 15% while in the gears anyone can use Guardian spirit up to 20% out of the school of life wizards!! The school attacks are weak, and useless at some point unlike other schools.

The death wizards in pvp are a big ISSUE, they can do all they want unlike OTHER SCHOOLS, and exactly can do what life school wizards DOES!! in Pvp death can swap death hits to heal, which is fine, given the spell "Poison" spell which breaks all the shields, fine.., and life needs this type of spells too. then animate, this spell lets them animate MINIONS of high health and attacks and the wizards use tower shields on the minions! how is this fair?? up to 1200 to 1400 health. Why are death wizards given all of this? Isn't minion use only for myth? Why can't other schools cast high level minion except death school??! why is it not allowed for other schools to cast strong minions like death ones?? how is this FAIR?? on the other hand, life amulet usage by death wizards, they heal and use guardian spirit!!! how is this fair they're using life special SPELLS!!! Death school is "Over Powered", yet given Bad juju spell too. Why does the game ignore "Life wizards" and always release spells with very WEAK attacks?? We've paid alot but death wizards can USE ALL school spells while others CANNOT, and in addition they got strong spells which life lacks.

On the other hand, in PVP, Death wizards cast "DOOM and GLOOM" which gives -65 and in Treasure cards -75!! If KINGSISLE weakened LIFE attack and gave the ability for DEATH wizards to weaken the healing so what could the life do??? **WE CANNOT attack strong attack OR HEAL with high amounts??!!** Life wizards got nothing unique Anymore? what's our job in the game?? Death can heal with amulet, with strong hits, with bad juju, with gears carrying guardian spirit, with Strong minions and the most annoying this by few amounts of PIPS too!! DOOM AND GLOOM only for 2 PIPS, While life Sanctuary for 3 spells, even death attacking spells casts few with large attacks, while life casts more PIPS with WEAK Attack!! We forgot the absorb too, which doesn't work on death spells too!!

By comparing my two wizards, death and life, it's unfair Death wizards given all other school abilities even if i'm a death wizard, we've destroyed other wizards abilities, making it easier for death, and making it hard for life!! Why it casts so much PIPS to cast on life wizards?? When i Use death i Win in PVP and when i use Life i Lose in PVP no Matter what strategies since death is given everything with Few PIPS to cast. KINGSISLE is this fair? Please Fix this issue and don't ignore!
Hey I'll answer why!

Sanctuary is 3 pips should be 5 pips because of annoying jaders. Death should only heal by 75%- too tbh if a doom and gloom is on but then strengthen death attacks by 20%+. Guardian Spirit is nerfed because of how annoying jaders are.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
I've been watching 2v2 Jade Juju spammers, and yes, they are at Warlord.