Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

World complaints

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
DragonLady1818 on Feb 2, 2017 wrote:
Players are tired of farming a mind numbing number of times without receiving a single piece of the desired gear.

It becomes tedious and frustrating causing many of us to just say forget it. I will either play with what I can get or not at all. I don't mind taking a few runs as long as there is some decent gear dropped, but when all you get is TC's or reagents, then it isn't worth it.
I agree. Farming Graveyard in Darkmoor is one of them. I forgot how many times I made runs in there to get Malistaire's hat, cloak, boots and staff but it was up there in the double digits maybe about 25-30 times. Too me it's tiresome and quite boring after a few runs without receiving any of his gear.The battle of Morganthe at the end of Khrysalis for her amulet is just as bad.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
DragonLady1818 on Feb 2, 2017 wrote:
Players are tired of farming a mind numbing number of times without receiving a single piece of the desired gear.

It becomes tedious and frustrating causing many of us to just say forget it. I will either play with what I can get or not at all. I don't mind taking a few runs as long as there is some decent gear dropped, but when all you get is TC's or reagents, then it isn't worth it.
Thinking about it, with Mirage they have you turning in those antiquities to earn rep with different people. They can do some sort of system like this with gear. Like completing a dungeon earns you a token and you can trade those tokens for gear. It still forces people to work for gear, but it would make it less tedious and fair.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Heuna on Feb 3, 2017 wrote:
Thinking about it, with Mirage they have you turning in those antiquities to earn rep with different people. They can do some sort of system like this with gear. Like completing a dungeon earns you a token and you can trade those tokens for gear. It still forces people to work for gear, but it would make it less tedious and fair.
Sorry, I disagree with the tokens. Those would be just as rare as the gear is now and it would be just as tedious and no more fair than it is now.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
BrahmShadow on Feb 2, 2017 wrote:
I think gear should be available if people are willing to work for it, but most people now aren't willing to spend some time to prepare themselves for challenging dungeons, so they just complain instead.

I also think Kingsisle should create new ways to get high level good gear without farming for it.
And, I think gear should be readily available to everyone. Period.

Bazaar gear is worthless. There isn't any decent crafted gear for the last several worlds and none for Polaris or Mirage. Gear drops in the elite dungeons are so abysmal it's not worth the effort to farm.

Not willing to spend time? Not everyone has the copious amounts of time that others do. Spending hours in dungeons isn't the best use of my time. I will admit that I have farmed, and farmed, and farmed, and farmed until I was blue in the face. Have I ever gotten a complete set to use? NOPE. I've barely gotten a trinket or two for the 12 wizards that I have. I've only received 2 Alpha Omega rings out of the 100s of times battling in Aquila. Nothing else. Darkmoor? I have never received one piece of gear. NEVER.

People complain because all options have been taken away except having to do elite dungeons. Not everyone wants or can farm these dungeons. There needs to be Bazaar, Vendor, Crafting, and better dungeon drop options. Good beginning-world gear is necessary and should be readily available to everyone. You can easily build on it or replace it with something better, but the basics need to be there for people to use.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
DragonLady1818 on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:
Sorry, I disagree with the tokens. Those would be just as rare as the gear is now and it would be just as tedious and no more fair than it is now.
Not if they rewarded tokens every time you completed the dungeon. Say you complete Darkmoor three times and don't get what you want from any of those runs. Getting tokens for those finishes would buy you the item you need.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2014
I don't see it being possible to satisfy all players. Too many age and skill levels, not to mention income levels. Lets face it, people who coin, and spend mega crowns are always going to be the top dogs with the best of everything. The biggest flaw that I see in the game, is that it is much too hard for a solo player. Just tonight I died eight times trying to complete a battle. Why? For the sheer perversity of the game design, no other reason. The programmers are sadists. How else can you explain a fizz every time it is crucial? Or boss going critical and killing you when they are almost dead? I think the game in general send a very poor message, the bosses cheat, cheat outrageously, and blatantly. Casting spells with one pip that take five ordinarily, always having exactly what they need, blades, traps, charms, while meanwhile the player struggles with crappy deals of useless cards. So no, after playing for several years I see the game for what it is. Which is not much. Just a typical money trap designed to suck you in deeper if you want to compete. Skill got nothing to do with it!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Heuna on Feb 5, 2017 wrote:
Not if they rewarded tokens every time you completed the dungeon. Say you complete Darkmoor three times and don't get what you want from any of those runs. Getting tokens for those finishes would buy you the item you need.
Rewards tokens are a fantastic idea, and extremely fair. Players should always have to complete hard challenges and tasks to earn the rarest items in the game! However, if players are already successfully getting through game content, this deserves recognition too. Receiving reward tokens are an appropriate way to do this, and allowing tokens to redeem them for the rarest items is acceptable. The mechanics of this token system have to be worked out, but its easy to see them working similar to the way PvP tickets work.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Heuna on Feb 5, 2017 wrote:
There is NO WAY I would run Darkmoor or any other dungeon more than once just to get a token unless I was helping a friend. As I already stated, those tokens would be just as rare as the gear. As long as the drop rates are as low as they are now, I will only do what I need to get it off my quest logs.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Tylerwildpants on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
Rewards tokens are a fantastic idea, and extremely fair. Players should always have to complete hard challenges and tasks to earn the rarest items in the game! However, if players are already successfully getting through game content, this deserves recognition too. Receiving reward tokens are an appropriate way to do this, and allowing tokens to redeem them for the rarest items is acceptable. The mechanics of this token system have to be worked out, but its easy to see them working similar to the way PvP tickets work.
No, they are not a fantastic idea and no more fair than the current system. I don't mind challenges but I am not going to waste my time trying to acquire something that KI has already made almost impossible to get. The tokens would be the same way.

Players SHOULD NOT have to grind away until they are brain numb to get those rare items. If I want to play for tokens, there are certain fast food places you can do just that.

As if the community isn't split bad enough now, this kind of idea would just make it worse.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
1) Can the players who soloed all of Mirage please, please, stop treating the rest of the player base like something they just scraped off their shoe?

2) Kudos and huzzah to the players who are strutting about with a full set of Malistaire gear. You may find this shocking, but having that full set does not make you a better person. It simply means you have more free time.

3) It's. A. Game. Nothing you do in Mirage, or Polaris, or even the PvP arena, will make any difference in the real world. A game is supposed to be fun, a way to escape the stress and ick of life. And there's the problem. I soloed a lot of Mirage on my ice, and it wasn't fun. It wasn't enjoyable in the least. Thank Greyrose for team up, or I'd still be there, twirling about in front of the Shadow Jabberwock sigil. I died more often than I care to remember, often in a mob battle.

4) KI is a business, and a business is all about making money. The way you do that is by keeping your customer base happy. If enough customers take issue with something, the business listens. And if those customers happen to be the people spending oodles of money, well, that just means the business is really going to listen.

5) Are you one of the players upset by the Mirage nerfs? Are you desperate for a challenge? Solo Tower of the Helephant wearing nothing but gear you bought in the Bazaar. Only participate in classic PvP tournaments. Use the Piggle pet you get in Wizard City as your primary pet. But please stop attacking and-dare I say it-bullying those of us who refuse to see this game as a job.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'm going to reply to a couple of people here...

BrahmShadow said:
"I think gear should be available if people are willing to work for it, but most people now aren't willing to spend some time to prepare themselves for challenging dungeons, so they just complain instead."

We are willing to work for gear. Crafting, for example, requires time, patience and planning ahead to use limited resources wisely. It can take up to several weeks to complete the required crafting quest and then gather the reagents needed to craft the actual gear for that level. Many reagents are only available as rare dungeon drops: amber, braided vine, etc. So we would still have to do some grinding in order to get the reagents.

Our problem is, the alternatives for crafted gear went from amazing - levels 56-96 - to non-existent over the last 25 levels. Many of us who wanted to do a dungeon once or twice but not endlessly, opted to craft 3rd tier gear and we were VERY HAPPY to do that work for guaranteed gear that was adequate for PVE. Now, there's nothing to craft.

Many of us on these threads have raised this issue. Repeatedly. Crafting options remain absent and Mirage was nerfed instead.

-----------------------
Star Edward said:
"It would be nice if we could go back to the days when major worlds are released without the intervention of KI having to downgrade or nerf the world although it'd been tested by the test realm."

I suspect it wasn't tested as thoroughly as worlds past.

I'm wondering if the Rat was a bottleneck that stalled far more casual players than KI realized. They may have been vastly under-represented during test realm. This caused Mirage to skew towards the hard core, who were the majority of those testing this time around.

In the future, when anticipating a new World release, KI might want to adjust their final boss in the previous world so they can ensure a better representation of the game's general population actually gets to test the new content.

Alia Misthaven

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
No, they are not a fantastic idea and no more fair than the current system. I don't mind challenges but I am not going to waste my time trying to acquire something that KI has already made almost impossible to get. The tokens would be the same way.

Players SHOULD NOT have to grind away until they are brain numb to get those rare items. If I want to play for tokens, there are certain fast food places you can do just that.

As if the community isn't split bad enough now, this kind of idea would just make it worse.
Which is it; do you want access to incredible, rare gear; or not? Players want access to unique and unusual gear without having to farm for it; this is very understandable. But through what process do you put into place that allows players to obtain all of these rare items...
...let them buy items through the bazaar or vendors, craft these items, use crowns, have players complete multiple challenges, quests, and tasks, fish, use PvP tickets, tokens, tickets, play tic tac toe, rock, paper, scissors, best out of 3, real life cage match (with the last man, woman, or fire elf standing), etc..

I appreciate positive, open minded players who come up with new and interesting ways to bring value and benefit to all players, and I'm willing and able to see how such ideas benefit more; not fewer players.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Snee432 on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
1) Can the players who soloed all of Mirage please, please, stop treating the rest of the player base like something they just scraped off their shoe?

2) Kudos and huzzah to the players who are strutting about with a full set of Malistaire gear. You may find this shocking, but having that full set does not make you a better person. It simply means you have more free time.

3) It's. A. Game. Nothing you do in Mirage, or Polaris, or even the PvP arena, will make any difference in the real world. A game is supposed to be fun, a way to escape the stress and ick of life. And there's the problem. I soloed a lot of Mirage on my ice, and it wasn't fun. It wasn't enjoyable in the least. Thank Greyrose for team up, or I'd still be there, twirling about in front of the Shadow Jabberwock sigil. I died more often than I care to remember, often in a mob battle.

4) KI is a business, and a business is all about making money. The way you do that is by keeping your customer base happy. If enough customers take issue with something, the business listens. And if those customers happen to be the people spending oodles of money, well, that just means the business is really going to listen.

5) Are you one of the players upset by the Mirage nerfs? Are you desperate for a challenge? Solo Tower of the Helephant wearing nothing but gear you bought in the Bazaar. Only participate in classic PvP tournaments. Use the Piggle pet you get in Wizard City as your primary pet. But please stop attacking and-dare I say it-bullying those of us who refuse to see this game as a job.
Thank you for this post.

One of the things that has been posted a few times recently for those who want the kinds of challenges that hardcore players keep wanting, is to DOWNGRADE their own gear. Handicap themselves instead of the entire community being handicapped to the point of not being able to play at all.

I have posted before that some of us did this for fun a few years ago and went up against Malistaire. The Challenge was there for any who wanted to do it. We did it just for fun.

Those who have farmed to get the best gear the game has to offer, are really no different than the rest of us other than the mind numbing farming. They may want the challenge, but not bad enough to handicap themselves to achieve it. Instead, they would rather push the casual players around with rude and condescending comments.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Freshta on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
I'm going to reply to a couple of people here...

BrahmShadow said:
"I think gear should be available if people are willing to work for it, but most people now aren't willing to spend some time to prepare themselves for challenging dungeons, so they just complain instead."

We are willing to work for gear. Crafting, for example, requires time, patience and planning ahead to use limited resources wisely. It can take up to several weeks to complete the required crafting quest and then gather the reagents needed to craft the actual gear for that level. Many reagents are only available as rare dungeon drops: amber, braided vine, etc. So we would still have to do some grinding in order to get the reagents.

Our problem is, the alternatives for crafted gear went from amazing - levels 56-96 - to non-existent over the last 25 levels. Many of us who wanted to do a dungeon once or twice but not endlessly, opted to craft 3rd tier gear and we were VERY HAPPY to do that work for guaranteed gear that was adequate for PVE. Now, there's nothing to craft.

Many of us on these threads have raised this issue. Repeatedly. Crafting options remain absent and Mirage was nerfed instead.

-----------------------
Star Edward said:
"It would be nice if we could go back to the days when major worlds are released without the intervention of KI having to downgrade or nerf the world although it'd been tested by the test realm."

I suspect it wasn't tested as thoroughly as worlds past.

I'm wondering if the Rat was a bottleneck that stalled far more casual players than KI realized. They may have been vastly under-represented during test realm. This caused Mirage to skew towards the hard core, who were the majority of those testing this time around.

In the future, when anticipating a new World release, KI might want to adjust their final boss in the previous world so they can ensure a better representation of the game's general population actually gets to test the new content.

Alia Misthaven
There was a time when Test Realm would run for up to 2 weeks WITHOUT being shut down on weekends of every 2 to 3 days for what ever reason KI chose. Test was REALLY tested with as many wizards as was possible and the bug reports were much better dealt with. Or if there was something that didn't really work well with PvE and PvP, it was usually either restricted to one or the other or removed completely.

The way Test is run now and has been for the last few worlds isn't very efficient and leaves a lot of issues that in many cases don't get resolved.

Players don't mind working for gear but not to what it has become since WW was released. When WW was introduced, MOST wizards could acquire a full set of gear within 10 runs or less. Now, it takes too many runs and that I can attest to. One of my wizards along with a couple of friends ran WW multiple time with NONE of us getting a single piece of lvl 60 gear. I have seen others saying the same about other dungeons and not getting a single piece of gear. I noticed the same thing running the Five B.O.X.E.S this last time around. I had 5 wizards run the one in in Zafaria, 2 of those wizards ran it twice. The only drops were TC's and common reagents. The same was also true for the one in Avalon.

Crafting gear has also become as tedious as farming dungeons when you can't get that ONE rare drop such as Potent Trap. Some wizards seem to have no trouble getting it with the first boss that drops it. Others, don't get it until the do the mind numbing farming and even then, it is elusive.

I agree that KI needs to turn the TESTING back to what it was when as:

Star Edward stated: "It would be nice if we could go back to the days when major worlds are released without the intervention of KI having to downgrade or nerf the world although it'd been tested by the test realm."

Maybe then we will have the game we all love to play.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Tylerwildpants on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
Which is it; do you want access to incredible, rare gear; or not? Players want access to unique and unusual gear without having to farm for it; this is very understandable. But through what process do you put into place that allows players to obtain all of these rare items...
...let them buy items through the bazaar or vendors, craft these items, use crowns, have players complete multiple challenges, quests, and tasks, fish, use PvP tickets, tokens, tickets, play tic tac toe, rock, paper, scissors, best out of 3, real life cage match (with the last man, woman, or fire elf standing), etc..

I appreciate positive, open minded players who come up with new and interesting ways to bring value and benefit to all players, and I'm willing and able to see how such ideas benefit more; not fewer players.
Yes, players do want unique gear but not to the point it is a mind numbing grind to get it. I am NOT going to spend mass amounts of time that I have seen others state just to get that gear and it shouldn't be that. THIS IS A GAME not real life drama where you have to keep your nose to the grindstone to achieve a goal. If players can't get that gear after a few runs, and I do mean a FEW runs, then it isn't worth it.

There should be crafting recipes comparable to that so called rare gear that players can at least craft instead of becoming frustrated and angry over not being able to get the drops. Most of us don't mind working for what we want but not to the point of wanting to throw our computers or in some cases rage quitting. Yes, it does happen.

What you and a few others don't seem to realize is the fact that nothing at this point is benefiting more players, but in fact fewer players are advancing.

For those who are so adamant about having a hardcore challenge, then handicap yourself and not the rest of the community. I highly doubt that any of you will do that but at least it is a solution.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
Yes, players do want unique gear but not to the point it is a mind numbing grind to get it. I am NOT going to spend mass amounts of time that I have seen others state just to get that gear and it shouldn't be that. THIS IS A GAME not real life drama where you have to keep your nose to the grindstone to achieve a goal. If players can't get that gear after a few runs, and I do mean a FEW runs, then it isn't worth it.

There should be crafting recipes comparable to that so called rare gear that players can at least craft instead of becoming frustrated and angry over not being able to get the drops. Most of us don't mind working for what we want but not to the point of wanting to throw our computers or in some cases rage quitting. Yes, it does happen.

What you and a few others don't seem to realize is the fact that nothing at this point is benefiting more players, but in fact fewer players are advancing.

For those who are so adamant about having a hardcore challenge, then handicap yourself and not the rest of the community. I highly doubt that any of you will do that but at least it is a solution.
I think you might be misunderstanding the token idea that's being proposed... or else I am.

I think the idea is that a token is a guaranteed drop, like gold, at the end of the duel. It's not a random drop like the gear. So every time you finished a designated duel, you would get a token that you could use to buy the gear that didn't drop.

How good a system like that would be depends on what prices they put on the gear. If you only get one token per run and each piece of gear costs 10 tokens; meh, you may or may not be any better off depending on how many pieces of gear you're trying to get.

If each piece of gear only cost one token, that could greatly reduce the number of times you'd have to run and instance if you weren't lucky enough to get the drops. But in that case, it probably makes more sense to just make drops guaranteed and forego coming up with a new system.

I'm not sure what the magic number would be. What's too much, and what's not enough?

I think the idea certainly has merit. I welcome any idea that offers new opportunities instead of perpetuating more of the current status quo that serves only to create a greater gap between the haves and have nots in the gear department.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Thank you for this post.

One of the things that has been posted a few times recently for those who want the kinds of challenges that hardcore players keep wanting, is to DOWNGRADE their own gear. Handicap themselves instead of the entire community being handicapped to the point of not being able to play at all.

I have posted before that some of us did this for fun a few years ago and went up against Malistaire. The Challenge was there for any who wanted to do it. We did it just for fun.

Those who have farmed to get the best gear the game has to offer, are really no different than the rest of us other than the mind numbing farming. They may want the challenge, but not bad enough to handicap themselves to achieve it. Instead, they would rather push the casual players around with rude and condescending comments.
Ok pause. Simply because someone enjoys a challenge does not mean they want to "push the casual player around". Why should hardcore players have to constantly downgrade themselves to have fun? Why should there be NO areas in the game that cater to those that actually put in the time to make their stats as best as they can be?

I am all for making the main game candyland so the majority can enjoy it. However, there should be optional hardcore areas that allow people to challenge themselves when they are at their maximum potential.

Every major successful family game strikes this balance between easy main content, tough side content. Even real life does it. Should we stop the Olympics and tell Usain Bolt if he wants a challenge he should tie his legs together before each race so as to prevent "feel bads"?

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Thank you for this post.

Yes, yes, and yes. I have run Loremaster in nothing but level 45 gear from the Bazaar. It was hilariously awful, and I had a great time. I soloed those tentacle things in Atlantea. The challenges are out there, and DragonLady puts it best: If you crave a challenge, make your own. Don't force the rest of us to participate.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
Ok pause. Simply because someone enjoys a challenge does not mean they want to "push the casual player around". Why should hardcore players have to constantly downgrade themselves to have fun? Why should there be NO areas in the game that cater to those that actually put in the time to make their stats as best as they can be?

I am all for making the main game candyland so the majority can enjoy it. However, there should be optional hardcore areas that allow people to challenge themselves when they are at their maximum potential.

Every major successful family game strikes this balance between easy main content, tough side content. Even real life does it. Should we stop the Olympics and tell Usain Bolt if he wants a challenge he should tie his legs together before each race so as to prevent "feel bads"?
Um...so much wrong here. Usain Bolt is an athlete, Wizard is a game. Usain Bolt has trained for years to become an exceptional runner, Wizard is a game. Apples and wombats. Seriously, just no.

There are areas that do precisely what you state. Go solo Morganthe. Graveyard. Darkmoor Nosferatu. Wear all your gear, take your best pet. No handicap whatsoever. Knock yourself out (not literally, because you won't be able to type).

Type. Not run, not win medals, type. We sit in front of a computer, pretending to be cartoon wizards, riding around on crystal ponies or fiery motorcycles. We type.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

Eric, I completely agree with you.

The main quest line is NOT that area, however.
Darkmoor?
Aquila?
Omen?
The Exalteds?

Make them brutal. Go for it!! I am completely in favor of that, as they are side content not intended for the 'casual player.' And yes, the drops should reflect that.

End-of-World bosses need to be less intense (though still difficult), and the main quest line needs to be of a suitable challenge level that people need to work at it but can still get through with sub-par gear and/or working in smaller, less coordinated teams. The problem is, end of Polaris and beginning of Mirage broke this expectation on the part of the casual players. That's why there have been so many complaints.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
High Five Ghost on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
I think you might be misunderstanding the token idea that's being proposed... or else I am.

I think the idea is that a token is a guaranteed drop, like gold, at the end of the duel. It's not a random drop like the gear. So every time you finished a designated duel, you would get a token that you could use to buy the gear that didn't drop.

How good a system like that would be depends on what prices they put on the gear. If you only get one token per run and each piece of gear costs 10 tokens; meh, you may or may not be any better off depending on how many pieces of gear you're trying to get.

If each piece of gear only cost one token, that could greatly reduce the number of times you'd have to run and instance if you weren't lucky enough to get the drops. But in that case, it probably makes more sense to just make drops guaranteed and forego coming up with a new system.

I'm not sure what the magic number would be. What's too much, and what's not enough?

I think the idea certainly has merit. I welcome any idea that offers new opportunities instead of perpetuating more of the current status quo that serves only to create a greater gap between the haves and have nots in the gear department.
Possibly, but I am also looking at how KI has implemented things in the past THEN change it.

Even if the token is a guaranteed drop, at some point the Token price for a piece of gear really isn't going to make it any easier for players to acquire that gear. The token price could just as easily be anywhere from 10 tokens and up. I think I would prefer to stick with a system we already know what we have to do rather than have it changed to something we have no clue how it will work.

It would make more sense to make the drops guaranteed even if you had to make the run up to 10 times. I could and I think others as well would be willing to work with that and farm for it. But as it is now, even WW is taking more and more runs to get a single piece of lvl 60 gear.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Ok, @Eric, I know you and maybe that was a poor choice of word, but there are those that come to these forums and do just that. They come here and tell the rest of the community to just "deal with it".

I did not say anything about there not being a challenge for those who enjoy that and I also thought that was the intent when KI started adding the OPTIONAL dungeons. I have no problem with that. I also don't want a candyland type of play either. I do want to see the game increase in challenge as it should but on a gradual increase instead of a roller coaster like the last 2 or three worlds have been. I think most players would agree.

But what has become the BIGGEST issue is the fact that gear drops are all but zero now. I took 5 wizards through the Five BO.X.E.S in Zafaria this last time the even was in game. I also took 1 of those 5 through the one in Avalon. Not a single piece of gear dropped. The only thing any of those wizards got was TC's and reagents. You would think that out of the 5, at least one of them would have gotten a hat or boots or something worth going back again.

As I said, I have no problem with optional side content for hardcore players, just not the main storyline.

In regards to the "handicap" comment, If you have read some of my other posts regarding the difficulty many are having, you will find that I also commented that some of us did this a few years ago for fun to battle Mali in DS. The kind of challenge something like this can give you just might surprise you.

Sorry, I don't follow the Olympics so won't comment on that. In fact I don't follow any sport.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010

I said I understand why individuals want access to rare items without having to farm. But because you continue to bring up how much you hate farming and grinding, I asked you how you would like players to obtain and achieve rare items without doing this; and you said you want players to be able to craft these items. This is an excellent idea! I also completely agree with you that Wizard 101 is a great, fun, fantastic game that I love to play anger, frustrated and drama free. Here's to everyone enjoying and experiencing Wizard 101 in the best ways possible too!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Snee432 on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
Um...so much wrong here. Usain Bolt is an athlete, Wizard is a game. Usain Bolt has trained for years to become an exceptional runner, Wizard is a game. Apples and wombats. Seriously, just no.

There are areas that do precisely what you state. Go solo Morganthe. Graveyard. Darkmoor Nosferatu. Wear all your gear, take your best pet. No handicap whatsoever. Knock yourself out (not literally, because you won't be able to type).

Type. Not run, not win medals, type. We sit in front of a computer, pretending to be cartoon wizards, riding around on crystal ponies or fiery motorcycles. We type.
Exactly, this is a game and different people enjoy different aspects of the game. Just as it wouldn't make sense for me to point out that there is Wizard City to satisfy casual needs so too does it make little sense to point out that Morganthe exists for hardcore. Going forward this game needs both types of content not simply easy content which hardcore players have to nerf themselves to enjoy

As for the analogy, since you dont prefer the real life parallels I'll try a game. Take Pokemon for example: Super easy main quest but after you beat the Elite 4 you have access to the side content battle tree that is much, much harder.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
High Five Ghost on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:

I love creative, imaginative folks who are always coming up with new and innovative ways to improve theirs, and other player's gaming experiences. Sure, you get some who find anything and everything wrong with these ideas; but you also find others who find merit. And the best of these ideas eventually find their way into the game.